Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#461 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:The Raptors have a far superior roster, franchise, and fan base. I'm riding with Kawhi from here on out, but to leave this so you can go play with Lou Williams and friends on an after-thought team would be ridiculous.

This raptor roster without Kawhi is miles better than the Clippers roster.

You only won 10 more games in a weaker conference while having a superstar. Please knock it off with this BS. Lowry and Gasol are inconsistent but older. You barely got a pulse out of VanVleet until the conference finals and Powell/OG could hardly crack the damn rotation.

Siakam is nice but he’s about to get paid major money soon and a high risk to be overpaid. The clippers have the better young core and foundation going forward.

Stop.

The Raptors lost a massive amount of man games to injury this year and won 59. Then they went on to win a title. The clippers do NOT have a nicer young core, or any core to speak of for that matter. Shamet? Harrell? Gallinari? SGA?

Last time I checked, the raptors came into your house this year WITHOUT Kawhi and absolutely humiliated your team. It was a total blow out. And that was before the Gasol trade.

OG was out the ENTIRE playoffs until the finals. Of course he wasn't cracking the rotation at that point. Siakam is a better player than ANYONE ON YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER.

Your team is deeply mediocre. Deal with it. The Raptors are champions. This raptor team, even without Kawhi, would absolutley dust your squad in 7 games. Your team is garbage.

Don’t think your franchise is anything off of Kawhi carrying that lame team. Regular season games when the clippers were missing key players as well.

You had a superstar for 60 games in a weaker conference and only won ten more games gtfoh
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#462 » by jimross » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:05 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.

Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi

Idiotic post especially considering you have internet access. Takes two seconds to google Raptors record without Kawhi. 17-5. Bottom half east team? Smh.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#463 » by Cobra Kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:06 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:The Raptors have a far superior roster, franchise, and fan base. I'm riding with Kawhi from here on out, but to leave this so you can go play with Lou Williams and friends on an after-thought team would be ridiculous.

You only won 10 more games in a weaker conference while having a superstar. Please knock it off with this BS. Lowry and Gasol are inconsistent but older. You barely got a pulse out of VanVleet until the conference finals and Powell/OG could hardly crack the damn rotation.

Siakam is nice but he’s about to get paid major money soon and a high risk to be overpaid. The clippers have the better young core and foundation going forward.

Wow so ignorant..

We also load managed Kawhi for 20+ games and had various other key injuries like Kyle and Jonas missing significant time. Add in a mid season trade to that as well.

If our organization really cared about the regulaar season, this team could have won 65+ games easy.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#464 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:07 pm

End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#465 » by Roco14 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:07 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi

What? The raptors minus Kawhi are def better than the clippers. Lowry 5X all star and one of the highest BBIQ. Siakam future all-star. Gasol former defensive player of the year and all-star. FVV top 3 in votes for 6th man of the year. Is it a championship team on it's own? Hell no, but what I just listed is better than Shai, Harrell, Gallinari and Beverly.

No disrespect but your only truly impactful player is Lou Williams and he'd be the 3rd or 4th best player on the raps.

Lowry is one of the most inconsistent chokers in the league. Kawhi carried his bum ass and just because he played well 2-3 games out of a series means little. Siakam is a good player but soon to be a max player off a solid year. I’ll take the team friendly and upside of the clippers young core. Let’s see if he becomes potentially overpaid quickly. See how Gasol holds up for a whole season and FVV isn’t touching Harrell or Williams

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Roco14 wrote:

What? The raptors minus Kawhi are def better than the clippers. Lowry 5X all star and one of the highest BBIQ. Siakam future all-star. Gasol former defensive player of the year and all-star. FVV top 3 in votes for 6th man of the year. Is it a championship team on it's own? Hell no, but what I just listed is better than Shai, Harrell, Gallinari and Beverly.

No disrespect but your only truly impactful player is Lou Williams and he'd be the 3rd or 4th best player on the raps.
Harrell put up similar production as Siakam. Gallo had a better season than any Raptor outside of Kawhi arguably. You forgot Gallinari? Lou was our 3rd best player. Stop the **** hyperbole man. Raptors trolls have no bounds to this ****. Remember when OG was the next Jordan basically the season before getting his own threads?

Jeez you guys are triggered lmao. Fact of the matter is that raptors missed Kawhi for 22 games and Lowry for another 15 or 17 and still cruised in the regular season.

If i remember correctly, the raptors played the Clippers WITHOUT Kawhi and in your home court.

We stomped you guys by 20. Your players are pretty much all replaceable and I feel bad that you guys are legitimately getting your hopes up that these nobodies will accomplish something for this Clipper franchise.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#466 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Wow so ignorant..

We also load managed Kawhi for 20+ games and had various other key injuries like Kyle and Jonas missing significant time. Add in a mid season trade to that as well.

If our organization really cared about the regulaar season, this team could have won 65+ games easy.

60 games with a superstar >team of dogs fighting in the WEST
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#467 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09 pm

jimross wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.

Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi

Idiotic post especially considering you have internet access. Takes two seconds to google Raptors record without Kawhi. 17-5. Bottom half east team? Smh.

Bottom half playoff team
jimross
Sixth Man

Post#468 » by jimross » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:10 pm

TheNewEra wrote:End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone

You made some idiotic points and are now running from them.

As a Clips fan you have zero right to talk. One of the most trash organizations in all of sports. Talk when you've won a championship. Better yet talk when you've made it out of the 2nd round.

Personal attack. Baiting.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,469

Post#469 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Woj has become so cringe since joining ESPN
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,257

Post#470 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Roco14 wrote:

Harrell put up similar production as Siakam. Gallo had a better season than any Raptor outside of Kawhi arguably. You forgot Gallinari? Lou was our 3rd best player. Stop the **** hyperbole man. Raptors trolls have no bounds to this ****. Remember when OG was the next Jordan basically the season before getting his own threads?

Harrell although good is not Siakam and similarly has one more cheap year left. Gallo is made of glass. Lou is a 6th man and 33 years old. And no, nobody remember OG being called Jordan. You're delusional.
Lego Legs
Junior
And1: 817

Post#471 » by Lego Legs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:12 pm

TheNewEra wrote:End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone

Lol, Clippers have done so much, how could I forget that time they made the WCFs... oh wait.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and all that. You’re team is full of scrubs, stop acting like anyone cares about Gallo etc.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#472 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:13 pm

jimross wrote:

As a Clips fan you have zero right to talk. One of the most trash organizations in all of sports. Talk when you've won a championship. Better yet talk when you've made it out of the 2nd round.

Raptor fans came into this post and trashed the clipper fan base because of Kawhi being reported the have interest. To hell with your fan base and your weak title and self entitlement. No one has to kiss the fan base ass because they are emotional. Lol if you think this title is really going to change anything
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#473 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Lego Legs wrote:

Lol, Clippers have done so much, how could I forget that time they made the WCFs... oh wait.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and all that. You’re team is full of scrubs, stop acting like anyone cares about Gallo etc.

That’s the point I’m not saying the clippers are some great organization I’m just saying neither are the raptors
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#474 » by basketball royalty » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 pm

1. I don’t believe Woj has any sort of insider in the Kawhi camp.

2. WojBombs are after the fact. His speculation stuff is probably just him putting things out there for his sources.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,899

Post#475 » by Optms » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Kawhi is re-signing in Toronto, I don't see him entertaining the Lakers but who knows. Clippers will be left blowing their cap on Vucevic and getting bounced by Lebron lol
jimross
Sixth Man

Post#476 » by jimross » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
jimross wrote:

Raptor fans came into this post and trashed the clipper fan base because of Kawhi being reported the have interest. To hell with your fan base and your weak title and self entitlement. No one has to kiss the fan base ass because they are emotional. Lol if you think this title is really going to change anything

You sound like a poster who cheers for a team that is the red headed step child of their city. Stop projecting that disappointment onto us and being so salty. I'm sure you guys will make it to the WCF within the next 50 years..... I hope.
Lego Legs
Junior
And1: 817

Post#477 » by Lego Legs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Lego Legs wrote:

That’s the point I’m not saying the clippers are some great organization I’m just saying neither are the raptors

To be fair, I think both Clippers and Raps are really great and well run organisations right now. They just haven’t success traditionally. However, you can’t ignore that one team is the current champ, so they have done something.

If Kawhi leaves, then so be it, he’ll be great on the Clippers or wherever and I wish him the best. I still don’t trust Woj on speculative reports, but both teams have good times ahead to look forward to.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,432

Post#478 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:20 pm

So does AD going to the Lakers help or worsen the Clippers chances at Kawhi.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,121

Post#479 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Have to think AD joining LBJ will at least cause Kawhi to think twice about going to LAC. If they get one of Kemba or Jimmy too then I'd be shocked...
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,237

Post#480 » by pingpongrac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:22 pm

TheNewEra wrote:

It's like you don't realize that a difference of 10 wins is pretty massive. The weaker conference thing also isn't a big deal. Every team plays at least 2 games against every team, and it's not like the West was loaded from top to bottom. LAC went 4-0 against PHX/SAC and 3-1 against MEM; overall, they went 19-9 against non-playoff teams in the West. Not to mention that Toronto dealt with injuries to key players all year and rested multiple players so they were fresh when the playoffs came around.

VanVleet was mediocre in the ECQF and downright unplayable in the ECSF, but the matchups were very unfavourable for him. He had much more favourable matchups against the Bucks and Warriors, eventually averaging 12/2/3 while shooting 47% from three-point land in the last two series. That is damn good production from a bench player who was just as effective defensively.

Powell averaged 19 MPG against Orlando, 11 MPG against Philadelphia, 23 MPG against Milwaukee and 11 MPG against Golden State. I wouldn't consider 16 MPG for the playoffs to be "barely cracking the rotation," especially considering he was integral to Toronto's success against the Bucks in G3/G4.

The only reason why Anunoby didn't play is because he had appendicitis near the end of the season and complications with the surgery which kept him sidelined until G2 of the finals when he was finally declared questionable. At that point, though, it's a risky move to throw someone who hasn't played an NBA game in 2 months (or practiced) into a finals series.

Siakam just averaged 19/7/3 as the 2nd option for a championship team, including a 26 PTS/10 REB game in the championship-clinching game. The guy is already a star, and there's no reason to expect he can't improve more next year. He's already well-deserving of a big contract.

You're severely underestimating Toronto's youth.

Return to The General Board