Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#481 » by Detective » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:So does AD going to the Lakers help or worsen the Clippers chances at Kawhi.

Kawhi not gonna share a city with Lebron.

But the Clippers stay renting LA from landlord Lakers.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#482 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm

TheNewEra wrote:End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone

Yea other than win the championship and manage his health perfectly lmao what does realGM wants the raptors to do?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,078

Post#483 » by Dr Aki » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:So does AD going to the Lakers help or worsen the Clippers chances at Kawhi.

definitely worsens.

we all know kawhi wanted LA, except now, it's guaranteed he'd be playing in the lakers shadow if he chose the clippers
WWSRD
Starter
And1: 2,483

Post#484 » by WWSRD » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm

I don't see him leaving Toronto. Not next year at least.

Siakim is getting better rapidly, OG is due for a breakout and everybody else can be brought back for the most part.

Masai's a great GM and now has the clout with players if they wanna win a ring.

Also, Nurse sounds like a coach players like working with.

This is Woj lobbying for the Clippers or trying to exert pressure on Raps on behalf of Kawhi.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,222

Post#485 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 pm

They made his health the number one priority.

They have a medical team he trusts and that knows his routine.

They brought in a hand picked assistant coach that he wanted.

They did everything possible internally to put no unwanted pressure on him about his upcoming free agency.

They won the NBA championship.

They have enough talent on the roster to win again next year.

He's seems to have a good relationship with his teammates, coaching staff and management.

They will pay him 49 million more than anyone else can.

The city loves him more than he will ever be loved anywhere.

He's being offered free food for life and a rent free multi million dollar condo.

WHAT MORE COULD THE TEAM, CITY AND ITS FANS DO?
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#486 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:41 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

You only won 10 more games in a weaker conference while having a superstar. Please knock it off with this BS. Lowry and Gasol are inconsistent but older. You barely got a pulse out of VanVleet until the conference finals and Powell/OG could hardly crack the damn rotation.

Siakam is nice but he’s about to get paid major money soon and a high risk to be overpaid. The clippers have the better young core and foundation going forward.

Stop.

The Raptors lost a massive amount of man games to injury this year and won 59. Then they went on to win a title. The clippers do NOT have a nicer young core, or any core to speak of for that matter. Shamet? Harrell? Gallinari? SGA?

Last time I checked, the raptors came into your house this year WITHOUT Kawhi and absolutely humiliated your team. It was a total blow out. And that was before the Gasol trade.

OG was out the ENTIRE playoffs until the finals. Of course he wasn't cracking the rotation at that point. Siakam is a better player than ANYONE ON YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER.

Your team is deeply mediocre. Deal with it. The Raptors are champions. This raptor team, even without Kawhi, would absolutley dust your squad in 7 games. Your team is garbage.

Don’t think your franchise is anything off of Kawhi carrying that lame team. Regular season games when the clippers were missing key players as well.

You had a superstar for 60 games in a weaker conference and only won ten more games gtfoh

Give me a break, Raptors rolled into LA without blew out the Clippers without Kawhi and then the Warriors the next night without Kawhi

Clippers are a mediocre, play hard team without much talent.
Deep1984
Senior
And1: 647

Post#487 » by Deep1984 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Ah can’t wait until he re-ups with the raptors....
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#488 » by basketball royalty » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:46 pm

July 1st not very far away is it? New Balance seems to be heavily advertising in Toronto. In Cali there was a New Balance King of the North ad. Also just read they will be dropping a Championship edition shoe.

Shame. All of that work will go to waste in a couple weeks when Kawhi leaves the Champs to join the Clippers...
props to Turbozone for the sig
ILikeLollies
Junior
And1: 221

Post#489 » by ILikeLollies » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:47 pm

I dont see the lakers move affecting Kawhi one way or the other.

its not as if he didnt realise theyd get another star to play with Lebron and if he hates the spotlight then hell get even less of it now.

And besides his legacy being solidified Im sure he believes in his own ability.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#490 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Lakers move puts more pressure on Clips to land Kawhi, but not on Kawhi staying in Toronto or not IMO

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 25,899

Post#491 » by Childs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.

Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,603

Post#492 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

The have a very good roster, if it wasn't at least somewhat competitive or a good opportunity he'd go to the Lakers if he really had to love to LA, or stayed in Toronto or likely gone to a totally different team.

I don't care to argue who's the better roster or landing spot, it only has to be good enough with whatever other factors is important to a free agent.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#493 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:

The have a very good roster, if it wasn't at least somewhat competitive or a good opportunity he'd go to the Lakers if he really had to love to LA, or stayed in Toronto or likely gone to a totally different team.

I don't care to argue who's the better roster or landing spot, it only has to be good enough with whatever other factors is important to a free agent.
Well apparently Gallo/Harrell wouldn't even make the Raptors team and Lou is the only good player on the team. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
igorbianch
Analyst
And1: 4,321

Post#494 » by igorbianch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:59 pm

Honestly, if he leaves Toronto, he is going to the Lakers.

Would he pass rings, prestige, endorsement money just because of his ~personality~? I don’t believe that.
:lol:
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#495 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 am

basketball royalty wrote:1. I don’t believe Woj has any sort of insider in the Kawhi camp.

2. WojBombs are after the fact. His speculation stuff is probably just him putting things out there for his sources.

His Wojbombs are based on insider connections, but yeah the typical Wojbomb is reporting something first before anyone else or before an official announcement, not in predicting something that has not yet been decided on.

I mean I would guess he has had some conversation with people close to Kawhi's camp, but I don't put much stock in it. Because anything subjective like this is a game of telephone as well, even if he knows people they all have their own personal biases and beliefs which is much different than finding out an actual concrete trade has been agreed upon between 2 teams for example.

If he came out tomorrow and flat out stated that Kawhi is signing with [TEAM], then I'd more likely believe it will happen for sure.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,078

Post#496 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 am

RalphWiggum wrote:WHAT MORE COULD THE TEAM, CITY AND ITS FANS DO?

be in LA
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#497 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am

TheNewEra wrote:
jimross wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone

You made some idiotic points and are now running from them.

As a Clips fan you have zero right to talk. One of the most trash organizations in all of sports. Talk when you've won a championship. Better yet talk when you've made it out of the 2nd round.

Raptor fans came into this post and trashed the clipper fan base because of Kawhi being reported the have interest. To hell with your fan base and your weak title and self entitlement. No one has to kiss the fan base ass because they are emotional. Lol if you think this title is really going to change anything

There are people on this board from the age of 8 to 80, so there are going to be all types in all fan bases. I've had a lot of respectful conversations with Raptors fans, the trolling and arguments I just ignore. Kawhi's gonna decide in a couple of weeks and that will be that.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,288

Post#498 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am

Brooklyn somehow has a better roster than the clippers even though the clippers had more wins and played in the western conference?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#499 » by TheNewEra » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
jimross wrote:
You made some idiotic points and are now running from them.

As a Clips fan you have zero right to talk. One of the most trash organizations in all of sports. Talk when you've won a championship. Better yet talk when you've made it out of the 2nd round.

Raptor fans came into this post and trashed the clipper fan base because of Kawhi being reported the have interest. To hell with your fan base and your weak title and self entitlement. No one has to kiss the fan base ass because they are emotional. Lol if you think this title is really going to change anything

There are people on this board from the age of 8 to 80, so there are going to be all types in all fan bases. I've had a lot of respectful conversations with Raptors fans, the trolling and arguments I just ignore. Kawhi's gonna decide in a couple of weeks and that will be that.

I do take that back I shouldn’t of generalized the whole fan base. Again I know this is a sensitive subject because even with the title it’s a blow to the pride IF he walks away. Have to wait and see
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#500 » by MikeM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 am

I'm a Raps fan but I don't get why he would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. If he goes to the Clippers, he has to pair with a star anyways just to make the playoffs. In that case, why not just play with AD and Lebron?

So he'll be ok sharing the ball with Jimmy Butler, for example, and finishing 4th but he wouldn't want to share it with Lebron and win it all?

Return to The General Board