Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

jimmy_smith
Bench Warmer
And1: 914

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#521 » by jimmy_smith » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:49 am

Woj is GOAT.
KC: Do you still think your a championship caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if i'm wrong
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Shaud
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,061

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#522 » by Shaud » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:55 am

Saciid11 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported on SportsCenter on Friday morning that Leonard, who can opt-out of his contract and become a free agent this offseason, is still leaning towards signing with the L.A. Clippers this summer and that the Raptors “still have a lot of work to do.”

“He came to Toronto, with the idea from San Antonio, this was a very fine one year way station and I’m sure exceeded his expectations how they managed him physically to be a Finals MVP again, to win a championship,” Wojnarowski said, as transcribed by Bleacher Report.

“But there was always the risk of him going back west. The L.A. Clippers are at the very top of that list, and I think the Raptors still have work to do between now and June 30 and the start of free agency to keep Kawhi Leonard in Toronto.”

https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/14/woj-raptors-still-have-a-lot-of-work-to-do-to-keep-kawhi-leonard/

Just like they said Paul George was leaving OKC last year, they are wrong here too. Kawhi has absolutely no reason to leave a team he just won a championship for franchise like clippers. Kawhi is most certainly staying in Toronto to go for repeat ..

Sheesh
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 598

Post#523 » by sackings916 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:59 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
MikeM wrote:I'm a Raps fan but I don't get why he would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. If he goes to the Clippers, he has to pair with a star anyways just to make the playoffs. In that case, why not just play with AD and Lebron?

So he'll be ok sharing the ball with Jimmy Butler, for example, and finishing 4th but he wouldn't want to share it with Lebron and win it all?
If they get Kawhi and another top 10-15 guy and can bring Bev back they are a far more complete team than the Lakers top to bottom and 1-2 seed.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

:o
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,158

Post#524 » by GuyverX » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:00 am

Yeah, I think the writing was on the wall for Toronto right after game 6. If the Raptors had serious work to do in wooing Kawhi after winning a title, I don't think they had much of a chance to begin with. Woj was right. Crazy.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,387

Post#525 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:00 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
MikeM wrote:I'm a Raps fan but I don't get why he would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. If he goes to the Clippers, he has to pair with a star anyways just to make the playoffs. In that case, why not just play with AD and Lebron?

So he'll be ok sharing the ball with Jimmy Butler, for example, and finishing 4th but he wouldn't want to share it with Lebron and win it all?
If they get Kawhi and another top 10-15 guy and can bring Bev back they are a far more complete team than the Lakers top to bottom and 1-2 seed.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

You the man!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,885

Post#526 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:01 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:Dont doubt Woj

Damn and people thought he was pushing a narrative there. He was saying the truth.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to The General Board