Do Lakers go for Kemba or Kyrie?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kemba or Kyrie

Kemba
65%
Kyrie
35%

Total votes: 97

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Re: Do Lakers go for Kemba or Kyrie? 

Post#41 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 am

Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

okay now that make sense, didn't account for that

but...why would NOP agree to this?

why wouldn't they if this was the best deal they could get?

because they want to releverage the #4 pick?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#42 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

they can do that now
clyde21
RealGM

Post#43 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

they can do that now

not really, unless they they agree on a player to take at 4 and then do the trade later.

again, why would do they do this for the Lakers? doesn't make sense. let alone giving the Lakers the ability to get a full max, for no upside at all for NO.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,130

Post#44 » by levon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I mean, NO is operating as if they have the pick. Basically NO would just draft for that 3rd team. What am I missing here?
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#45 » by Greyhound » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

I say neither.

Build a deep roster around LeBron, Kuzma and Davis with defense and shooting.

———-

On another note... what is the point of Lonzo’s mentor J. Kidd now?
Don't believe the hype...
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#46 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

they can do that now

not really, unless they they agree on a player to take at 4 and then do the trade later.

again, why would do they do this for the Lakers? doesn't make sense. let alone giving the Lakers the ability to get a full max, for no upside at all for NO.

again, it's the best deal they got, if there were better options, they'd probably have taken them.

the pelicans aren't going to do any takesy backsies because of 30 days.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#47 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am

levon wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

I mean, NO is operating as if they have the pick. Basically NO would just draft for that 3rd team. What am I missing here?

Okay, but why would do they do this? :-?

that would be poor competitive move by Griffin if that's what they agreed to, essentially handing the Lakers a max slot for no reason.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#48 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am

Greyhound wrote:I say neither.

Build a deep roster around LeBron, Kuzma and Davis with defense and shooting.

———-

On another note... what is the point of Lonzo’s mentor J. Kidd now?

yeh, it's gonna be weird
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:47 am

Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
they can do that now

again, it's the best deal they got, if there were better options, they'd probably have taken them.

What do you mean? They don't have to agree to the trade at all. The fact that they didn't get Kuzma in itself should be good enough for the Lakers, let alone asking the Pelicans to essentially hand them a max slot on top of it...

don't want to do the deal now? cool, deal's off. That's what Griff should've said.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#50 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

What do you mean? They don't have to agree to the trade at all. The fact that they didn't get Kuzma in itself should be good enough for the Lakers, let alone asking the Pelicans to essentially hand them a max slot on top of it...

don't want to do the deal now? cool, deal's off. That's what Griff should've said.

hilarious, that'd be the best way to start off your tenure
clyde21
RealGM

Post#51 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 am

Dr Aki wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

hilarious, that'd be the best way to start off your tenure

not giving the Lakers everything they want? yea, would be pretty good actually. It's the Lakers that want Davis.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#52 » by bellabiyel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:51 am

[quote="SFour"][quote="Jiminy Glick"]Kawhi, the Lakers would easily win 3 straight rings with Kawhi, LeBron, and Davis and I think LeBron would be 38 years old.[/quote]

Kawhi doesn't strike me as the type to join a superteam...also how much can the Lakers even offer Kawhi? The Raptors can offer 5 yrs/190m and the Clippers can offer 4 yrs/140m. So Kawhi would also have to be willing to take a discount just to win some "super-team rings"[/quote]

lebron ad kuzma is not superteam if kawhi join them..then you can call them a superteam..i think its like "kawhi doesnt want to form a superteam" not join
AUSTHIM REAVES
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,281

Post#53 » by Kordic27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 am

The Lakers should really go for a bunch of competent players rather than another star. They have the guys they need in the clutch, now they need some dependable guys around them.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
levon
RealGM

Post#54 » by levon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:53 am

clyde21 wrote:not giving the Lakers everything they want? yea, would be pretty good actually. It's the Lakers that want Davis.

The deal that's been agreed to (picks, including a swap, Hart, etc) is for everything realistically that both parties wanted and got. It takes two to execute that trade--so if Griffin says I want it today or I want it July 6, this wouldn't even happen and would be easily one of the most unprofessional moves in NBA history. Griffin isn't gonna do that.

Further, I don't believe any offer was on the table remotely close to a Lakers offer, so the trade takes all the caveats into account.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#55 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am

levon wrote:
clyde21 wrote:not giving the Lakers everything they want? yea, would be pretty good actually. It's the Lakers that want Davis.

The deal that's been agreed to (picks, including a swap, Hart, etc) is for everything realistically that both parties wanted and got. It takes two to execute that trade--so if Griffin says I want it today or I want it July 6, this wouldn't even happen and would be easily one of the most unprofessional moves in NBA history. Griffin isn't gonna do that.

Further, I don't believe any offer was on the table remotely close to a Lakers offer.

Yes, it takes two, and if this is the case, Griff failed. You don't just hand another team a max slot. If that's what the Lakers wanted on top of keeping Kuzma, sorry, no deal.
levon
RealGM

Post#56 » by levon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 am

clyde21 wrote:Yes, it takes two, and if this is the case, Griff failed. You don't just hand another team a max slot. If that's what the Lakers wanted on top of keeping Kuzma, sorry, no deal.

There was no other offer remotely close, and the Pelicans wanted it agreed to before the draft so they could, like you said, releverage the 4th pick for someone else, or have the option of working guys that high out. You're just disagreeing with the results at this point.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 am

levon wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Yes, it takes two, and if this is the case, Griff failed. You don't just hand another team a max slot. If that's what the Lakers wanted on top of keeping Kuzma, sorry, no deal.

There was no other offer remotely close, and the Pelicans wanted it agreed to before the draft so they could, like you said, releverage the 4th pick for someone else, or have the option of working guys that high out. You're just disagreeing with the results at this point.

i wouldn't care, the Lakers want Davis not the other way around, if that's what they wanted I would've pulled the plug.

you think the Lakers say no over 5 mil?
levon
RealGM

Post#58 » by levon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:06 am

clyde21 wrote:
levon wrote:

i wouldn't care, the Lakers want Davis not the other way around, if that's what they wanted I would've pulled the plug.

I think what's important is it looks like the Pelicans said yes over another team's 5 million for the opportunity to have the 4th pick in hand before the Lakers, and every other team with draft picks this year, drafted their own guy.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#59 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 am

levon wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
levon wrote:There was no other offer remotely close, and the Pelicans wanted it agreed to before the draft so they could, like you said, releverage the 4th pick for someone else, or have the option of working guys that high out. You're just disagreeing with the results at this point.

I think what's important is it looks like the Pelicans said yes over another team's 5 million for the opportunity to have the 4th pick in hand before the Lakers, and every other team with draft picks this year, drafted their own guy.

is there confirmation that they said yes?

because to me that's the difference between a good deal and great deal for the Lakers
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#60 » by Saciid11 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am

Kemba easily... lethal scorer, better 3 point shooter, less ego and best of all he doesn’t need the ball in his hand to be effective.

Return to The General Board