[Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick

Moderators: zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro

eagereyez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,622
And1: 4,012
Joined: May 05, 2012
   

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#121 » by eagereyez » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:19 am

Why on Earth would they trade the pick? They are years away from competing. If anything they should trade Jrue to strengthen the rebuild.
User avatar
baldur
Head Coach
Posts: 6,153
And1: 6,611
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
     

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#122 » by baldur » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:22 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Madhouse wrote:if they can get Beal, do it


Why would they want Beal on a rebuilding team?


the same reason why they dont trade jrue.
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 42,641
And1: 28,124
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#123 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:23 am

baldur wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Madhouse wrote:if they can get Beal, do it


Why would they want Beal on a rebuilding team?


the same reason why they dont trade jrue.


Who says they won't trade Jrue?
User avatar
baldur
Head Coach
Posts: 6,153
And1: 6,611
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
     

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#124 » by baldur » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
baldur wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Why would they want Beal on a rebuilding team?


the same reason why they dont trade jrue.


Who says they won't trade Jrue?


griffin.
jimmy_smith
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,403
And1: 912
Joined: Mar 10, 2015
   

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#125 » by jimmy_smith » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 am

Why they want to trade #4?
Aren't they rebuilding? Try to compete right now doesn't making sense.
KC: Do you still think your a championship caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if i'm wrong
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
User avatar
raptor jesus
General Manager
Posts: 8,498
And1: 17,948
Joined: Feb 12, 2011
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#126 » by raptor jesus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 am

I haven't followed this draft class too closely, but Hunter and Garland seem like very intriguing pieces at #4.
Image
CelticsFTW
Junior
Posts: 348
And1: 281
Joined: Nov 20, 2013
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#127 » by CelticsFTW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 am

Dr Aki wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
substancej wrote:good one


why trade for nurkic when you can sign vuc or jonas?


true, i take my suggestion back
Vuc would be a great fit regarding spacing, wouldn't it?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,800
And1: 3,553
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#128 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Can someone find me a decent Jrue holiday trade for the pelicans, because I can barely think of one
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,584
And1: 7,405
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#129 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Madhouse wrote:if they can get Beal, do it


Beal ain't going nowhere cause the Wizards got no GM. I don't think they will trade him, and the asking price I suspect will be very steep...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Showdown
Pro Prospect
Posts: 938
And1: 638
Joined: Feb 15, 2019

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#130 » by Showdown » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Catchall wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
NatiboyB wrote:
he broke his leg.


well on his way back already

Read on Twitter


It's going to be 18 months before he's back to normal (if he ever is), then he'll have 1 more year left on his contract. I'm pretty sure that no one is going to be trading for Nurkic anytime soon.

Nonsense, when he was injured most conservative predictions are that he will need 8th monts and 3 motnhs already passed.
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 20,715
And1: 19,234
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#131 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:Trade 4 to Atlanta for 8 and 11.


The was so much overvaluing the fourth pick (Beal etc)... finally nice to read something sensible. I’m not sure the Hawks do it unless they are sweet on someone, but the 4th through 12 talent is pretty close for lots of people. That would be good for the Pels if they can find something like that.
rugbyrugger23
General Manager
Posts: 7,877
And1: 905
Joined: Jun 07, 2011

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#132 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:34 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Can someone find me a decent Jrue holiday trade for the pelicans, because I can barely think of one

Towns + Wiggins

For

Holiday + Hill + #4 + Lakers 1sts Owed

NOP
C: Towns
F: Zion
F: Ingram
G: Wiggins
G: Ball
6: Moore

Wolves
C: Dieng | #11 (Hayes Or Bol Bol)
F: Saric
F: Covington
G: Holiday | Okogie
G: Teague | Garland
User avatar
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,800
And1: 3,553
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#133 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:38 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Can someone find me a decent Jrue holiday trade for the pelicans, because I can barely think of one

Towns + Wiggins

For

Holiday + Hill + #4 + Lakers 1sts Owed

NOP
C: Towns
F: Zion
F: Ingram
G: Wiggins
G: Ball
6: Moore

Wolves
C: Dieng | #11 (Hayes Or Bol Bol)
F: Saric
F: Covington
G: Holiday | Okogie
G: Teague | Garland


lol lol you are crazy my friend. Holiday + 4 will not get you towns. Crazy u would even think that lol
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Smirk
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,780
And1: 703
Joined: Jun 21, 2005
Location: New Orleans
   

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#134 » by Smirk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Why does everyone assume we are “rebuilding”?
rugbyrugger23
General Manager
Posts: 7,877
And1: 905
Joined: Jun 07, 2011

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#135 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Can someone find me a decent Jrue holiday trade for the pelicans, because I can barely think of one

Towns + Wiggins

For

Holiday + Hill + #4 + Lakers 1sts Owed

NOP
C: Towns
F: Zion
F: Ingram
G: Wiggins
G: Ball
6: Moore

Wolves
C: Dieng | #11 (Hayes Or Bol Bol)
F: Saric
F: Covington
G: Holiday | Okogie
G: Teague | Garland


lol lol you are crazy my friend. Holiday + 4 will not get you towns. Crazy u would even think that lol

Did you purposely leave out big assets Wolves receiving in this trade to fit your narrative???
petebraun0
Senior
Posts: 524
And1: 142
Joined: Mar 13, 2011

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#136 » by petebraun0 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:58 pm

I think Pelicans should trade with Atlanta, just for for the 8 and 10 is a fair trade, I think, or Atlanta can add a future 2nd as well. For some reason, I tend to like trading down for additional assets.
User avatar
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,800
And1: 3,553
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#137 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:07 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Towns + Wiggins

For

Holiday + Hill + #4 + Lakers 1sts Owed

NOP
C: Towns
F: Zion
F: Ingram
G: Wiggins
G: Ball
6: Moore

Wolves
C: Dieng | #11 (Hayes Or Bol Bol)
F: Saric
F: Covington
G: Holiday | Okogie
G: Teague | Garland


lol lol you are crazy my friend. Holiday + 4 will not get you towns. Crazy u would even think that lol

Did you purposely leave out big assets Wolves receiving in this trade to fit your narrative???


why would the wolves want Jrue and 4th and a future pick after giving up towns. U won't get a towns with the 4th pick and why would any rebuilding team want Jrue.
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust
jimmy keys
Starter
Posts: 2,487
And1: 1,192
Joined: Jan 04, 2009
 

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#138 » by jimmy keys » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 pm

petebraun0 wrote:I think Pelicans should trade with Atlanta, just for for the 8 and 10 is a fair trade, I think, or Atlanta can add a future 2nd as well. For some reason, I tend to like trading down for additional assets.


This trade makes the most sense. Trade down for the 8 & 10, then target Bol Bol or trade Jrue for the 6th and draft Bol Bol.

Him and Zion could be the best front court in the league in a few years. The injury concerns are obvious, but the potential is sky high and the perfect fit.
will
RealGM
Posts: 14,658
And1: 10,714
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#139 » by will » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
petebraun0 wrote:I think Pelicans should trade with Atlanta, just for for the 8 and 10 is a fair trade, I think, or Atlanta can add a future 2nd as well. For some reason, I tend to like trading down for additional assets.


This trade makes the most sense. Trade down for the 8 & 10, then target Bol Bol or trade Jrue for the 6th and draft Bol Bol.

Him and Zion could be the best front court in the league in a few years. The injury concerns are obvious, but the potential is sky high and the perfect fit.


Great screen name!
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,296
And1: 2,600
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#140 » by Kampuchea » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
lol lol you are crazy my friend. Holiday + 4 will not get you towns. Crazy u would even think that lol

Did you purposely leave out big assets Wolves receiving in this trade to fit your narrative???


why would the wolves want Jrue and 4th and a future pick after giving up towns. U won't get a towns with the 4th pick and why would any rebuilding team want Jrue.


I am reading the trade as including multiple 1sts from the Lakers. The first time you ignored the Lakers 1sts, the second time you pretended it was only one 1st.

Not that I am advocating the trade, just noticing you seem to really want to ignore the Lakers 1sts part of his proposed trade.

Return to The General Board