Which team is better right now: Lakers, Warriors or Jazz

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Better Team right now

Lakers
36%
Warriors
26%
Jazz
38%

Total votes: 121

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Re: Which team is better right now: Lakers, Warriors or Jazz 

Post#21 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:21 pm

The Warriors just lost KD, Iggy, Livingston and Klay for the season. They're a shell of their former selves. I don't think DLo fits with their style of play at all. He's a ball stopper and a non-defender. I think the Warriors just grabbed him as a trade asset. I like the WCS signing though.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#22 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:22 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I like the jazz roster but I trust star power in the playoffs. I think Mitchell will need to take a significant step forward for the jazz to come out of the west.

This is true. Mitchell has to make a leap this year for things to work for the Jazz.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#23 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:23 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:My seeding out west doesn't have Warriors in top 5. Not even close. I'm going

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Nuggets
4. Lakers

Though Lakers will be the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous out west come playoff time.

I agree with this, but it also depends on whether Houston is able to regroup and give it another serious run.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#24 » by An Unbiased Fan » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:25 pm

Lakers have lowkey assmebled a very good roster. Warrior have problems defnesively. No Klay or Iggy is a big drop off witht heir perimeter defense. Neither Curry or DLo is getting it done on that end. Jazz are a wildcard, but could surprise.
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,532

Post#25 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:28 pm

Catchall wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:My seeding out west doesn't have Warriors in top 5. Not even close. I'm going

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Nuggets
4. Lakers

I agree with this, but it also depends on whether Houston is able to regroup and give it another serious run.

Yea true. BTW small revision. Continuity for Denver will give them 2-3 more wins than Jazz in regular season.

Regular season

1. Clippers- 60 wins
2. Nuggets 57 wins
3. Jazz 55 wins
4. Lakers 54 wins

Playoffs

1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Rockets

I don't trust Nuggets in playoffs yet and while Blazers are dangerous, I just think Clippers/Lakers/Jazz snuff them out badly in H2H matchup.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#26 » by mr570 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:36 pm

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Nuggets
4. Lakers

This looks good but I think Houston is at 3. Nugs and Blazers take a step back this year after all the different moves made.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#27 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:36 pm

mr570 wrote:

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Nuggets
4. Lakers

This looks good but I think Houston is at 3. Nugs and Blazers take a step back this year after all the different moves made.

I made a list above. For playoffs I got Rockets as 4th most dangerous.

facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,602

Post#28 » by facothomas22 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:52 pm

People are massively overrating the Lakers.The Lakers are not eve a real playoff team and they definitely would get swept by the Clippers,the Jazz,or the Warriors if they did somehow make the playoffs.I know many people want both LA teams to do well and the rivalry more interesting,but lets be honest here,the Lakers would be lucky to make the playoffs.Anthony Davis and Lebron James alone isn't enough for team to get into the playoffs.What do Lakers have outside of Lebron and Anthony Davis that are good players? Danny Green is washed and played poorly in the playoffs. DeMacrus Cousins will probably be a even worse player than he was with the Warriors, and let not forgot how terrible rest of the roster is.Not to mention that Frank Vogel is a horrible coach.I think even think the Pelicans and Mavericks(2 fringe playoffs teams) are better than the Lakers.

Now far who's better between the Jazz and Warriors.I say the Jazz.Yes the Warriors still have Stephen Curry and now they have D'Angelo Russell,however the Jazz add Michael Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic to their team,I expect Donovan Mitchell to improve to a all star level player next year.The Jazz defense will still be great,but their offense will be considerably better. Steve Kerr is the better coach,however Quin Snyder is a very good coach as well.While the Warriors will have great offense,their defense will be mediocre,atleast until Klay Thomson is healthy again.I don't think neither team is better than the Clippers,however I do see the Jazz giving the Clippers to biggest challenge due to their great defense and their improved offense and they have a outside chance of making to the finals.tho I see the Clippers as the clear favorites to make the finals.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#29 » by vxmike » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:54 pm

Catchall wrote:The Warriors just lost KD, Iggy, Livingston and Klay for the season. They're a shell of their former selves. I don't think DLo fits with their style of play at all. He's a ball stopper and a non-defender. I think the Warriors just grabbed him as a trade asset. I like the WCS signing though.

This. GSW has zero depth at all. Looney is their only NBA rotation player in the bench. Who is their starting SF?
Catchall
RealGM

Post#30 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:12 pm

The Lakers nailed it on the AD trade, but they ended up getting screwed in free agency. They're still one of the worst shooing teams in the league. They have one guy in Danny Green who shoots 3s over 35%. The Lebron/AD pick and roll could be unstoppable if there's space on the floor and shooters to kick out to. Imagine if they had Bogdanovic or Vucevic and Terrence Ross instead of the guys who were left to sign.

Lakers win 47 - 51 games this year and claim a top 4 seed, imo, if they don't lose too many games to injury. They're going to need to ride Lebron and AD for heavy minutes to hold the rest of their roster together.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#31 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:21 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Nuggets
4. Lakers

I'm happy for you and your team ClipsFan, but mark my words... Warriors are a lot better than you seem to realize. A lot better than a lot of people seem to realize. Even with Klay's injury they'll wind up with a top 3 seed in the West.

I passionately disagree with those saying they will miss playoffs etc, but with KD gone and Klay gone all year... that is a 6 seed at best. You expect a Curry/Draymond/Russell led team to win 55+ games? I take them seriously obviously, but THIS year I just don't see it. Top 3, no chance. You got Clips, Lakers, Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets top 5. You think shorthanded Warriors is better than those?

I do. I think they have a strong case against all 5 to be honest. If you’re feeling daring I’ll sig bet my top 3 prediction.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#32 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:22 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
I'm happy for you and your team ClipsFan, but mark my words... Warriors are a lot better than you seem to realize. A lot better than a lot of people seem to realize. Even with Klay's injury they'll wind up with a top 3 seed in the West.

I passionately disagree with those saying they will miss playoffs etc, but with KD gone and Klay gone all year... that is a 6 seed at best. You expect a Curry/Draymond/Russell led team to win 55+ games? I take them seriously obviously, but THIS year I just don't see it. Top 3, no chance. You got Clips, Lakers, Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets top 5. You think shorthanded Warriors is better than those?

I do. I think they have a strong case against all 5 to be honest. If you’re feeling daring I’ll sig bet my top 3 prediction.

Deal. One month sig bet if Warriors are top 3 seed or not? Nothing offense to get banned of course.

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#33 » by amcoolio » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:24 pm

Lakers will be an abysmal regular season team and win 46-50 games if they are lucky
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#34 » by Tigersrule » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:12 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Tigersrule wrote:come playoff time..Jazz really dont got a chance vs Clippers/Lakers..and im still mind boggled by how the Clippers are the favorites..people are really really really overrating tf out of Paul George..hes coming off 2 shoulder surgeries, dude for some reason shrinks in the playoffs..AD has already shown what he can do in the playoffs, dude put up some historic numbers i believe, and Lebron...If Lakers are healthy going into the playoffs, dont see how anyone can beat them

The Clippers are so dangerous because of their depth man. I don't know why people have such a hard time grasping HOW dominant their bench play is. They run teams off the floor when stars sit. They added Mo Harkless to a bench that competes with starting units a lot of times.

Lou
Robinson
Harkless
Harrell
Kabengele? Free agent?

Their bench unit would be a starting 5 on a 30-35 win team out east.

They traded SGA+Gallo for Kawhi+PG+Mo Harkless basically. Kawhi and PG are gonna be an unstoppable duo in Pistol Action, which is the set the Raptors used to abuse teams and the Clippers already run a ton of. It will be a lot of Kawhi+PG PNR with each other at the top of the key. Then you have Shamet+Bev who are 40%+ from 3 flanking them and a big in Zubac or Harrell who are great at the lobs and easy dunks inside.

Trez and Lou are naasty..but u cant be relying on a rookie and a 2nd year player in Robinson..Harkless is ok. Yall really need playmakers..I feel like if Iggy gets bought out, he chooses between either you guys or the Lakers, so thats huge. How much cap are you guys sitting at right now?
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#35 » by Tigersrule » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:14 pm

I think Lakers will probably be a so-so regular season team and thats mostly due to load management..but i highly doubt their care about seeding. Come playoff time thats when Bron and AD will shine and carry them..really curious to see Bron..dudes gonna have a lot of time to rest, but then again hes 34, turning 35...so idk wtf is gonna happen lol curious to see if theres a evident decline or if hes better this year than he was last year
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,308

Post#36 » by Nuntius » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:17 pm

I have the Jazz in my top 3 (along with Denver and the Clippers) so I'll go with them.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#37 » by mudsak » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:31 pm

Lakers - bit of a wild card. They lack proper depth, and lack shooting. They're likely to end up leaning too heavily on AD/Lebron, who are both potential injury risks at this point. They'll be dangerous, but have exploitable holes. Lebron isn't who he once was. If either misses any significant time with an injury they'll struggle to compete in the West.

Warriors - Enormously different team than what they once were. They'll rely too much on steph. Klay isn't likely to be 100% Klay at any point of next season. DLO is probably a trade piece, and is nowhere near as good as Klay. They lost Iggy, and Livingston. They have an uphill battle imo. I think they'll be a fringe playoff team.

Jazz - Loaded roster. DPOY anchoring the paint, and proper spacing all around. This team likely has 3 fringe All-Stars, while also having incredible depth/roll players... and their coach is elite. They do have a slight hole left behind by Favors imo. I think the teams most likely to give the Jazz a real headache are the Bucks, and Sixers...and of course the Clippers. Outside of those 3 teams I think the Jazz are locked and loaded to throw down with any other team in the NBA.
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#38 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:35 pm

Why are people saying that the lakers dont have shooting?

Rondo is the only problem IMO.

Just think about it this way, who would you rather NOT face in the playoffs? There's your answer.
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#39 » by GeorgeMarcus » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:19 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Deal. One month sig bet if Warriors are top 3 seed or not? Nothing offense to get banned of course.

Ok how’s this: if I lose I post “ClipsFanSince98 is a wizard and knew the Warriors would not land a top 3 seed” in my sig. If I win you post “GeorgeMarcus is a wizard and knew the Warriors would land a top 3 seed” in yours.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,383

Post#40 » by nbafan38 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:20 am

In the regular season who knows but in the playoffs I would take the lakers or warriors over the jazz easily in a series, the starpower is too much.

Return to The General Board