James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Re: James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals  

Post#41 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 pm

Sixers Bucks ECF is pretty much a lock unless some big trades happen.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#42 » by FireMorey » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm a Sixers fan and honestly, the arrogance of the team really annoys me. It has for years. The organization hasn't won jack in almost 40 years, you think you'd actually win something first before you start showboating and clowning around. This Sixers group smells themselves way too much. It's a big reason they never reached their peak last season.

My one rule: talk all the **** you want, but you better back it up. Like Jimmy Rollins did in 2007 calling the Phillies the team to beat in the NL East and they won it. When you do that, you earn the ability to talk all the **** you want. However, if you talk a big game, (ie calling yourself "the most unstoppable player in the league") and then allow a has-been Marc Gasol to clown you in the playoffs, then STFU and keep your damn mouths shut until you actually accomplish something. Like get out of the 2nd round. If the Sixers don't get to the Finals, they are going to be mocked for Ennis' comments and rightfully so. And me personally I think people are way overrating this Sixers team. They are really going to miss Redick and Butler in the playoffs, and with zero shot creators, the offense is going to majorly stall in the half court in playoff series against good defenses. I think they took a big step back this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if they fall way short of mainstream expectations.

I hate saying this as a fan of the Sixers, but man does their arrogance piss me off. Makes em really hard to root for.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#43 » by kuclas » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 pm

JayMKE wrote:Bucks bad match up for Philly, they can't guard Giannis and now they don't have guys that can get buckets like Butler or hit off balance 3s like Reddick. Need Michael Scott to do his bets Reggie Miller impression.

And you don’t think the embiid creates a ton of problems for the bucks. Giannis averaged like 41/13/6 vs sixers.

Embiid averaged 35/15/8. It’s not like the bucks could stop embiid either.
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#44 » by AK47MVP » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 pm

LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,391

Post#45 » by phanman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Although the Bucks lost Brogdon and Mirotic this off-season they are still deep enough to maintain their dominance in at the top of the East. Connaughton played well to finish the season and the signing of Matthews should will help tremendously. Ilyasova will resume the stretch 4 duties and G Hill is still on the squad.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,873

Post#46 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Raps will still beat Philly. lol
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,594

Post#47 » by dc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm

Ennis' comment reminds me of when Vince Young referred to the Eagles as the "Dream Team" when they acquired a bunch of big names back in 2011. Just way too early to be talking like that.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#48 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 pm

AK47MVP wrote:LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers

They were the 3rd seed before Jimmy Butler and they'll be at least the 3rd seed after Jimmy Butler. There's really no way they are a 4-5 seed without major injury problems.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,190

Post#49 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 pm

JayMKE wrote:Bucks bad match up for Philly, they can't guard Giannis and now they don't have guys that can get buckets like Butler or hit off balance 3s like Reddick. Need Michael Scott to do his bets Reggie Miller impression.

Ummmmm Embiid averages 27 ppg, and Tobias 18 ppg with the sixers, which will be higher this year, as the 2nd scorer on the team. Giannis also says that Embiid guards him best, and Horford is great against him as well.

Not sure what you're talking about but the Sixers are built to beat the bucks. They have stud defenders at every position except for Harris, who is average. They also have two potentially elite defenders on their bench as well. Philly might have some issues scoring, but the word is that Simmons is taking is jumper seriously this summer (I'll see it when I believe it) and Embiid is working on his diet and conditioning.

Philly will also be putting together a load management plan for Embiid ala Kawhi. So he will be fresh for the playoffs, or atleast that's the plan.

I think it'll be a tight series, but Philly will ultimately prevail.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#50 » by BramptonYute » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Jaylen brown tier comment
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#51 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:40 pm

kuclas wrote:

And you don’t think the embiid creates a ton of problems for the bucks. Giannis averaged like 41/13/6 vs sixers.

Embiid averaged 35/15/8. It’s not like the bucks could stop embiid either.

Embiid is a beast, I just think the Bucks match up better with Philly than other way around. It's too bad that ball bounced in, that was the series I wanted to see.
FREE GIANNIS
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#52 » by mike76 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 pm

I usually hate giving other teams bulletin board quotes, but at the end of the day, we are talking about James Ennis III.

The 8th/9th man in the rotation isn't physically capable of giving bulletin board quotes. It's why no one takes Kanter's comments seriously
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#53 » by JoseRizal » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:44 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that Redick & Butler are such big losses for the Sixers?

The former enables them to keep the D honest and has delivered timely baskets due to his ability to shoot very well off the screen. The only reason the Nets were able to beat Philly is that they were able to contain Redick and the Sixers had no choice but to drop it inside an unhealthy Embiid.

The latter was their closer and was the leader on the court. He compensates for Tobias’ lack of aggressiveness and was instrumental in keeping them close in games.

Admitingly, Embiid’s health is still the barometer of this Sixer squad, but let’s not ignore Jimmy & JJ’s impact which will be missed. Horford & Richardson is more of addition by subtraction imo.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#54 » by kingofthecourt67 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:49 pm

Jalen Brown said this last summer and I thought it was cool to have that confidence. This is no different.

What a world we live in where we have articles and posts about every bit of trash talk/display of confidence that literally any guy on a roster says and at the same time crucify guys like Durant for not being competitive enough. Can't have it both ways.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#55 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 am

James Ennis is 100% correct. Barring major injury, its a cakewalk to the finals.

TOR is done.
BOS is retooling with NO frontcourt. Lost their two best players and almost replaced one of them.
BKN is missing cupcake for the entire year. Slight upgrade at best this year.
MIL took a step back losing 2 good players, and we have the best trio of Giannis defenders in the entire league.

The only major concerns for the Sixers are to stay healthy, and make sure to have home court versus whichever team emerges from the bloodbath in the west.

It's time for all haters to #TTP!
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#56 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:04 am

FlyingArrow wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:Ennis wont be walking, he'll be sitting all year.

Who do you think will be in the Sixers rotation? Ennis looks like he'll be around number 8 in the depth chart. Good for 15-20 minutes. Who do you expect to leapfrog him?

Thybulle and/or Smith will take his spot by the playoffs.
Roronoa
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#57 » by Roronoa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am

watch them lose to celtics in 2nd round
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#58 » by will » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am

Aw, come on.

That was real unnecessary from Ennis.

Not sure what the FULL context of the quote was though...sheesh...way to give unnecessary fodder for other teams.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#59 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 am

They'll walk into the conference finals but that bucks series will be tough for them. In saying that i still think they may be the favourites to win it all. Balanced roster and if Simmons improves its all over for the rest of us i think.
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Post#60 » by bs_and_cs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:18 am

Just like the Sixers were a walk to the Finals when Embiid came back from injury. Just like when they drafted Simmons. Just like when they drafted Fultz. Just like when they traded for Jimmy Butler.

Once again, the Sixers will get knocked out in round 2.

Return to The General Board