Who is the next big name that gets traded?

Moderators: Domejandro, Prez, Dirk, zimpy27, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, ken6199, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy

Who is the next big name that gets traded?

Blake Griffin
2%
Bradley Beal
40%
Demar DeRozan
4%
LaMarcus Aldridge
2%
Kevin Love
47%
Jrue Holiday
4%
John Wall
2%

Total votes: 55

Walmart
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Re: Who is the next big name that gets traded? 

Post#21 » by Walmart » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Walmart wrote:This has to be the craziest offseason I can ever remember and I don't think the major trades are over yet.

When you set your team up ( Presti, Morey, Buss, Guber etc... ) to be paying the luxury tax multiple years in a row, 1st and 2nd round exits are not going to cut it.

OKC is trimming the fat this season, there will be more of the same in the coming years. Bank on it.

I think it’s moreso how much contending became a realistic option when Klay and Durant both went down and the Warriors were forced to make moves.
LofJ
General Manager
And1: 5,274

Post#22 » by LofJ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm thinking it will either be DeRozan or Beal, but I don't think either will be traded until next summer.

Beal will probably end up in Boston, I have no idea where DeRozan will be traded.
Buzzard
Rookie
And1: 713

Post#23 » by Buzzard » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Walmart wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Walmart wrote:This has to be the craziest offseason I can ever remember and I don't think the major trades are over yet.

When you set your team up ( Presti, Morey, Buss, Guber etc... ) to be paying the luxury tax multiple years in a row, 1st and 2nd round exits are not going to cut it.

OKC is trimming the fat this season, there will be more of the same in the coming years. Bank on it.

I think it’s moreso how much contending became a realistic option when Klay and Durant both went down and the Warriors were forced to make moves.

I don't agree. OKC was on a luxury tax playoff treadmill. That is not a good way to conduct NBA business. Staying near the luxury tax will work out for a treadmill team because the one player away plan is feasible. But once you are over the luxury tax, still needing one more star is not sustainable for long. That is where OKC was with Adams, George, and Westbrook.

The capped out teams that fail will tear things down once they get near or are in that repeater penalty. Teams like Philly, the Clippers, the Nets, and Lakers have a few years to keep trying before they hit repeater status. OKC did not. If Houston does not get to the finals in the next two seasons, I fully expect them to start dumping everyone's salaries except Harden.

Return to The General Board