OKC to meet with CP3 & trade him to his preferred destination

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,288

Re: OKC to meet with CP3 & trade him to his preferred destination 

Post#161 » by CS707 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:If chips are his thing...I wonder how much he is willing to give up $$$ to land on a championship level team?

BTW...timing on this stuff for Lakers has really sucked for them. They had the slot....Had Rob Palinka been on top of things and had a clue that this stuff was going on....they could be rolling out LB, AD and CP3 and be the clear favorites for the chip.

If chips were his thing he wouldn’t have demanded every last dime from Houston. He’s all about the Benjamin’s.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#162 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:If Minny can pull it off that would be great.
I doubt Chris Paul is considering Minnesota.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Not the most appealing location compared to Miami and LA but playing with Towns and with the opportunity to revive a long dead franchise. He is also very close to Okogie who he managed on his AAU team, he'd be great next to Culver. If OKC can somehow throw Galo into the deal, a Galo+Covington+Towns front court immediately gets him contending. I'll do it if I was Paul.

Could be wrong but feel like CP3 is way too arrogant to consider a small market team. I don't think Gallo + CP3 would make the wolves contenders but they will be a way better team than Miami, at least for the next 2 years.

If we trade Gallo in the mix and take back contracts back as well (Wiggins, Dieng) I want Okogie (well prefer Culver but we won't get him) and a pick.

Not sure it's a good idea for the Wolves to try to compete right now in the wild wild west.

A big market team isn't going to have interest in him the only teams that will have real interest are teams that have problems attracting stars and filling out their cap space.
CB3
Ballboy
And1: 75

Post#163 » by CB3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

A league source told the Miami Herald that the Heat will listen and do due diligence on the matter, but that the Heat does not have strong interest and is not aggressively pursuing a trade for Paul at this time.

Miami would need to be absolutely overwhelmed to consider taking on the final three years and $124 million of Paul’s contract, considering the veteran point guard’s age (34) and lack of durability.

For Miami to consider this, OKC would need not only to take back only unappealing contracts but would need to offer other significant concessions.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232568002.html#storylink=cpy
Bam Adebayo (23yo) Kevin Garnett (23yo)

BA 33.2 min .651 ts .209 ws/48 23.3 per

KG 40 min .545 ts .172 ws/48 23.6 per

Per/36

BA 21.9 pts 10 reb 5.6 asst 0.9 stl 1.1 blk 3.1 to

KG 20.6 pts 10.6 reb 4.5 asst 1.3 stl 1.4 blk 3.3 to
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#164 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Stannis wrote:tbh, I'd just use the assets I just got and dump on a team where it would cost me the least amount of picks...

Pistons for Reggie Jackson and Tony Snell plus filler? It would be funny to see the two reunite. Paul could really help playmake for Drummond and Griffin.

Blake hates CP3.

I saw an interview last season where Blake was being interviewed and Jackson was clowning in the background. Blake knows he needs help noone is coming to Detriot without being traded there.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,620

Post#165 » by nomansland » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Is Paul really in any position to be insisting where he's traded? If I were Presti I'd be looking for the best deal I could get. Period. That contract is a nightmare and now I'm starting to think that Morey really pulled one over on OKC.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#166 » by Pointgod » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 pm

nomansland wrote:Is Paul really in any position to be insisting where he's traded? If I were Presti I'd be looking for the best deal I could get. Period. That contract is a nightmare and now I'm starting to think that Morey really pulled one over on OKC.

Well the best deal you might get is attaching a pick to Paul’s contract.
TRKO
Junior
And1: 119

Post#167 » by TRKO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm

OKC should not trade Paul if they have to add sweeteners. Ride out the contract if they have to. They probably won’t be contending the next three years anyways.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#168 » by Catchall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Why anyone would want Chris Paul's contract is beyond me.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#169 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 pm

nomansland wrote:Is Paul really in any position to be insisting where he's traded? If I were Presti I'd be looking for the best deal I could get. Period. That contract is a nightmare and now I'm starting to think that Morey really pulled one over on OKC.

"Best deal you can get" means that the team has to get word from Pauls agent that said team is a desierable match for him to play for or else no one is going to offer anything of value if hes pissed off. For example he really could help a team like Orlando or Phoenix but they arent going to offer face value bcuz they know he wont be on board
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,620

Post#170 » by nomansland » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 pm

John Murdoch wrote:

"Best deal you can get" means that the team has to get word from Pauls agent that said team is a desierable match for him to play for or else no one is going to offer anything of value if hes pissed off. For example he really could help a team like Orlando or Phoenix but they arent going to offer face value bcuz they know he wont be on board

True but either way he's not getting that great of a deal.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#171 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Catchall wrote:Why anyone would want Chris Paul's contract is beyond me.

If you are a team like Detroit why not? or the Wolves? You aren't getting max guys to come there anyways
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#172 » by marcush » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 pm

I’m not sure how relevant Paul’s ‘preferred destination’ is. OKC will flip him to the first team willing to take him who doesn’t require assets to do so.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#173 » by Mind_Odyssey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:27 pm

CB3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

A league source told the Miami Herald that the Heat will listen and do due diligence on the matter, but that the Heat does not have strong interest and is not aggressively pursuing a trade for Paul at this time.

Miami would need to be absolutely overwhelmed to consider taking on the final three years and $124 million of Paul’s contract, considering the veteran point guard’s age (34) and lack of durability.

For Miami to consider this, OKC would need not only to take back only unappealing contracts but would need to offer other significant concessions.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232568002.html#storylink=cpy

David McMenakin said OKC should do whatever CP3 wants because he’s head of the players union. :nonono:

Player power is great right? Especially when they do mob shake downs.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,138

Post#174 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 pm

CP3 will collect his 40 millions/year to chill at home while we develop our young kids.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,138

Post#175 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
CB3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

David McMenakin said OKC should do whatever CP3 wants because he’s head of the players union. :nonono:

Player power is great right? Especially when they do mob shake downs.

oh well so using this argument we could get some assets in return because he's head of the players union!?
worldjbfree
Junior
And1: 169

Post#176 » by worldjbfree » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 pm

CB3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Miami should ask for their picks back and/or SGA. Might as well see how much you can gain.
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#177 » by -G- » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Is Presti inventing a new strategy? Send players where they want to go to build good will with players and agents? Not sure what that good will gets them since no star free agent is signing in OKC. Good relationships with agents will help him down the line? Just spitballing here.
TRKO
Junior

Post#178 » by TRKO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Catchall wrote:Why anyone would want Chris Paul's contract is beyond me.

If you are a team like Detroit why not? or the Wolves? You aren't getting max guys to come there anyways

I feel like Detroit is a great fit from a basketball perspective. I’m not sure it would work between Griffin and CP3 though, they didn’t get along well with the Clippers. From the Wolves perspective they can get out of the Wiggins contract and pair him up with Towns, that would be a good duo. That being said Butler didn’t get along with Towns due to perceived lack of desire, i think Paul may clash with him too. I do agree it may be worth the risk for both of those teams regardless.
TRKO
Junior

Post#179 » by TRKO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 pm

I feel like Paul is a desirable player, but paired with his contract is pretty undesirable. If you were him would you take a buyout where you left most of that money on the table so you could play with the Lakers and win a title? Or would you keep that money?
mcgrady_1
Veteran
And1: 3,159

Post#180 » by mcgrady_1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 am

6ixSideSniper wrote:
mcgrady_1 wrote:
IgorK wrote:
I don't understand why people are so high on this "collection of picks". Clips and Rockets picks will likely be late first rounders.

I don't get it either. Watch OKC have to give one of their Miami picks back to Miami to trade Paul. Lol.

You been here since 2001 and you don't get why unprotected FRPs are valuable?

OKC will be lucky to get a couple lottery picks out of them. And those picks don't guarantee getting any legit talent. Maybe they can use them to move up?

Either way, Presti didn't get what he got for PG13. He got what he got for PG13 and Kawhi. He could have robbed LAC of more talent + those picks. Harrell, Shamet? Probably could've gotten rid of Westbrook too.

Return to The General Board