Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#21 » by cl2117 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am

Prokorov wrote:
Drax wrote:What else is he supposed to say, i'm going to average 10 points, the Celtics will not make the play offs and i'll have a 75 rating? Would that be the correct answer? Leave the kid alone, let him play the season and see what happens.

And yes of course the Celtics won't win the title this season, nobody with a brain would expect that. But a player has to say he wants to win it all otherwise people question his motor.

how about try and be humble and say you are just going to work hard and try to win as a team.

Taum/Brown/Rozier being ego maniacs and thinking they are great before proving anything was as big a problem as kyrie last year

Did they sleep with your mother or something? You seem like personally offended by the Boston Celtics. It's really weird. Get help.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
koningcosmo
Senior
And1: 636

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#22 » by koningcosmo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:11 am

they downgraded from kyrie to kemba and lost horford, how are they supposed to be better then last year??
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,245

Post#23 » by itrsteve » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:17 am

Slow day for the news I see...
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,350

Post#24 » by Nuntius » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 am

koningcosmo wrote:they downgraded from kyrie to kemba and lost horford, how are they supposed to be better then last year??

I disagree on the downgrade comment. Kyrie to Kemba is an upgrade, imo. Kyrie has more natural talent than Kemba but Kemba is a much better leader and he can help this young Celtics group rally around him much more than Kyrie was ever able to do. But yes, losing Horford (and not replacing him with anyone of note) is indeed an issue.

As for Tatum, there's no doubt in my mind that he can average over 20PPG. He probably will. I also think that he has a decent chance at making the All-Star team. But I don't think that the Celtics will go to the Finals. The Bucks and the Sixers both figure out to be better than them.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#25 » by gorz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am

koningcosmo wrote:they downgraded from kyrie to kemba and lost horford, how are they supposed to be better then last year??

From talent perspective..yes they downgraded but chemistry/cohesion they will be better. Another year of the core playing together, love kyrie but his ego got the best of him and caused too much friction between he and the rest of team as a result the chemistry and team effort was way off last season. Addition by subtraction essentially. Tatum and/or brown will be primed to make a leap this season.
stanch sabonis
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,610

Post#26 » by stanch sabonis » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:37 am

ITT - Tatum needs to stop being confident
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#27 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 am

I don't see the big deal, I can't comment on the game rating as I don't know anything about that, but averaging 20, making the allstar team in the east and getting to the finals (he didn't say winning) in the east are all feasible and not completely out of the question.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,507

Post#29 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:53 am

One would assume Tatum thinks he's improved more than enough?
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,408

Post#30 » by reload141 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:I obviously disagree about the Finals but no problem with him saying that

Exactly. Because the Nets are going to the Finals.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 am

reload141 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:I obviously disagree about the Finals but no problem with him saying that

Exactly. Because the Nets are going to the Finals.

I love how in a topic about Jason Tatum making delusional statements, your focus is on the Nets.

Rent free. :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#34 » by Gooner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am

JoseRizal wrote:And they say Kyrie was the main problem...

Kyrie wasn't a good leader, but even if he was, I doubt it would have changed anything. There was juts too many egos there, too many immature players, and there was a coach who couldn't handle it at all, and only contrubuted to it by accomodating Hayward too much. Kyrie was the most obvious problem, but he wasn't the main one.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#35 » by Gooner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 am

Nuntius wrote:

I disagree on the downgrade comment. Kyrie to Kemba is an upgrade, imo. Kyrie has more natural talent than Kemba but Kemba is a much better leader and he can help this young Celtics group rally around him much more than Kyrie was ever able to do. But yes, losing Horford (and not replacing him with anyone of note) is indeed an issue.

As for Tatum, there's no doubt in my mind that he can average over 20PPG. He probably will. I also think that he has a decent chance at making the All-Star team. But I don't think that the Celtics will go to the Finals. The Bucks and the Sixers both figure out to be better than them.

These young guys won't rally around Kemba or anybody else. Like Tatum said, he wants to average 20, and he wants to do it by any means neccesary. Kemba will only make it more difficult for him. I expect the same type of disfunction on the court, with difference being that Kemba won't be as vocal about it as Kyrie was
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#36 » by Green89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 am

He's wrong. His NBA2k rating won't hit 90 ... but he will be an all star, average over 20ppg, and the Celtics will win the Finals.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#37 » by Green89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:48 am

Prokorov wrote:
Drax wrote:What else is he supposed to say, i'm going to average 10 points, the Celtics will not make the play offs and i'll have a 75 rating? Would that be the correct answer? Leave the kid alone, let him play the season and see what happens.

And yes of course the Celtics won't win the title this season, nobody with a brain would expect that. But a player has to say he wants to win it all otherwise people question his motor.

how about try and be humble and say you are just going to work hard and try to win as a team.

Taum/Brown/Rozier being ego maniacs and thinking they are great before proving anything was as big a problem as kyrie last year

He was asked for this year's goals. Do you really think any NBA player's goals would be averaging 18ppg, not make the all star team, and have a first round playoff exit? Your childish and incessant Celtics bashing is getting very old.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,957

Post#38 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:50 am

Nuntius wrote:

I love Kemba but I think we really don't know what kind of leader he is. He's never won much of anything at the NBA-level, his teams have never really outperformed expectations, never gone on a bit of a run. He might just be an easier guy to get along with, which is all that the Celtics may need. But part of Irving's frustrations with the younger players were specifically about the feeling like they've already won. That's pretty much what Tatum is expressing here to me. That he didn't learn any lessons from last year. 2K ratings and ppg sounds like young guy ****. The same guy apparently put up a huge poster in his place of him dunking on LeBron in a series that LeBron won (in part by going right at Tatum in the closing minutes). Is Kemba going to be able to come in there and say anything different than Kyrie here? He has even less playoff success than Tatum?
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#39 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:55 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He's talking to Ronny 2K and says he will end up with a 90 rating by end of year and then says all of these things he thinks will happen.

I mean it’s a tongue on cheek not serious interview about a video game....
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#40 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:57 am

Prokorov wrote:

Yes the young guys should humble themselves. We agree. The biggest ego maniac of them all and possibly league is now on the nets.

Return to The General Board