Would 76ers swap Simmons for Doncic if they could?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Would 76ers swap Simmons for Doncic if they could?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 718

Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Re: Would 76ers swap Simmons for Doncic if they could? 

Post#341 » by Pg81 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 am

syntax wrote:
BallinBug wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
Hmm i don't know about that. Embiid is a top 10 player in the league. Obviously the injuries are a concern but it's hard to trade a top 10 player for a (very good) prospect.

Embiid is top 10 in the game right now, but Luka is on a top 10 all-time trajectory. you make that trade.

Can't chase guards around the perimeter or get round screens, can't defend the rim or big men, opposing teams attack him mercilessly in the pick and roll and Mavs defense is worse with him on the court. Top 10 for sure.

That was true for Bird as well. So what?
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#342 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 am

syntax wrote:
BallinBug wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
Hmm i don't know about that. Embiid is a top 10 player in the league. Obviously the injuries are a concern but it's hard to trade a top 10 player for a (very good) prospect.

Embiid is top 10 in the game right now, but Luka is on a top 10 all-time trajectory. you make that trade.

Can't chase guards around the perimeter or get round screens, can't defend the rim or big men, opposing teams attack him mercilessly in the pick and roll and Mavs defense is worse with him on the court. Top 10 for sure.

and on the top of all that, he’s already 20 years old.
TheEndIsNigh
Junior
And1: 472

Post#343 » by TheEndIsNigh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 am

Would you trade a McDonald's cheeseburger for a beef wellington made by Gordon Ramsey? What kind of nobsense is this?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#344 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:44 am

TheEndIsNigh wrote:Would you trade a McDonald's cheeseburger for a beef wellington made by Gordon Ramsey? What kind of nobsense is this?

A basketball player, who cannot shoot, is like a wellington without a fillet. It looks great from outside, but when you take a bite, it’s empty.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#345 » by syntax » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:55 am

Bob8 wrote:
syntax wrote:
BallinBug wrote:

Exactly, his athleticism won't improve, neither will his quickness. He won't grow anymore. He doesn't have the tools to be a top player.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,399

Post#346 » by magee » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 am

76ers would, Dallas wouldn’t.
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#347 » by syntax » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am

Pg81 wrote:
syntax wrote:
BallinBug wrote:

Game has changed in 27 years since Bird's retirement? Teams are built to defend 1 through 5? Any weak link on d gets exploited? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#348 » by ShadyMoney » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 am

TheNG wrote:Not only they would swap Simmons for Doncic, they would probably also swap Embiid for Doncic.

I would give them both if they wanted it.

EVERYBODY in the entire league can be traded for Luka

Nobody except a ‘01 bubba chuck or ‘89 MJ

Everybody else can be traded for luka.

There is no untouchables when it comes to Luka.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#349 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 am

syntax wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Exactly, his athleticism won't improve, neither will his quickness. He won't grow anymore. He doesn't have the tools to be a top player.

Maybe he won’t be a top player, but MVP like Harden should be enough for him. ;)
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#350 » by Yogatti » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:21 am

If 76ers have Doncic instead of Simmons they would win the title next season
Bob8
General Manager

Post#351 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 am

syntax wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Game has changed in 27 years since Bird's retirement? Teams are built to defend 1 through 5? Any weak link on d gets exploited? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bird would have been even better in today’s shooting league.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#352 » by stoo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 am

syntax wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
syntax wrote:

And especially it has changed in a sense you must know to shoot
NotSinceWilt
Pg81
Assistant Coach

Post#353 » by Pg81 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:38 am

syntax wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
syntax wrote:

:crazy:
There are plenty of things he can improve, including athletic ability, especially conditioning and strength which can always improved. He has plenty of tools to be a top player if he manages to perfect his skills, improve his craftiness/IQ and passing. Utterly unbelievable that people can seriously claim that he cannot grow.

syntax wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Yeah like Curry gets constantly exploited on the Warriors, poor guy is totally helpless and Bird would have been a scrub in today's league. :crazy:
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#354 » by Rastas » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks to stupid threads like this Simmon's will continue to destroy Donkic every matchup chance he gets.

One of these guys has a possible chance at being a FMVP next season or 2 , the other needs to get his team in the post season before I will take him seriously.

Sent from my A5 using RealGM mobile app
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#355 » by burek3 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am

Rastas wrote:One of these guys has a possible chance at being a FMVP next season or 2

Oh, you mean like, just by participating in the NBA, all teams have a possible chance to become NBA champions?

You are certainly not wrong.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Bob8
General Manager

Post#356 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

Rastas wrote:Thanks to stupid threads like this Simmon's will continue to destroy Donkic every matchup chance he gets.

One of these guys has a possible chance at being a FMVP next season or 2 , the other needs to get his team in the post season before I will take him seriously.

Anything can happen of course. 2 most realistic chances for Simmons are,

1. He will start to shoot and his efficiency drops like a stone.
2. He won’t start to shoot and he will continue to be great physical specimen, who unfortunately choose the wrong sport. I believe he could easily be GOAT in volleyball.
Pg81
Assistant Coach

Post#357 » by Pg81 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Rastas wrote:Thanks to stupid threads like this Simmon's will continue to destroy Donkic every matchup chance he gets.

Even if that will turn out to be true, which I doubt, basketball is a 5v5 game not 1v1.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#358 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 pm

TheEndIsNigh wrote:Would you trade a McDonald's cheeseburger for a beef wellington made by Gordon Ramsey? What kind of nobsense is this?

Talking strictly food, give me the mcdonalds cheesburger.
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#359 » by syntax » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Pg81 wrote:
syntax wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

:crazy:
There are plenty of things he can improve, including athletic ability, especially conditioning and strength which can always improved. He has plenty of tools to be a top player if he manages to perfect his skills, improve his craftiness/IQ and passing. Utterly unbelievable that people can seriously claim that he cannot grow.

syntax wrote:
Pg81 wrote:

Yeah like Curry gets constantly exploited on the Warriors, poor guy is totally helpless and Bird would have been a scrub in today's league. :crazy:

Curry is constantly exploited.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#360 » by Tomjas » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 pm

This thread is hilarious

Forget Simmons, Embiid is worth more than the Mavs roster

Return to The General Board