NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, Yuri Vaultin, Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, PockyCandy, Prez

User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,818
And1: 15,608
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#41 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Again Barkley and Nash don't allow their likeness to be used which is the only reason they are probably not on some of those teams. And I love Scottie Pippen but Grant Hill's 5 seasons in the 90s are really really good. Its a toss-up for me.


Grant HIll was the better offensive player, but Scottie was the much better defensive player. Grant Hill become a very good defender, but he really wasn't at his prime with the Pistons.
Why so serious?
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,882
And1: 7,701
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#42 » by GhostOfChicago » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

Will 2K add new classic teams? Seems like they added new teams every two years.
Image
User avatar
DaPessimist
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,768
And1: 2,115
Joined: Feb 08, 2018
Location: HB, CA
       

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#43 » by DaPessimist » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:19 am

Gimme the 90's squad, even without Charles.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
Posts: 13,544
And1: 6,796
Joined: Oct 22, 2004
   

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#44 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 am

picc wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
picc wrote:Technically, Allen Iverson is much more of a "legend" than Nash, even if you dont think he's as good a player.


Nash is a 2 time MVP. Iverson was more popular but it's basically like comparing Vince Carter to Dirk.


Iverson won an MVP. Led a finals team that took the only win off the 2001 Lakers. Was your favorite players favorite player growing up. Is one of the most iconic figures of modern basketball. Orders of magnitude more popular than Nash and laps him in "legendary" nba moments.

Yeah, there's no question on a "legends" team, Steve Nash has no business whatsoever over Iverson.


He's certainly a legend because of the absurd myth build up around him. He made the Finals in a trash heap of an East and caught the Lakers napping, after stealing an MVP from Shaq. He's certainly a popular guy but IMO the real legend is the guy who was the architect of one of the greatest offences in the NBA.
User avatar
CodeBreaker
Veteran
Posts: 2,789
And1: 1,958
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
     

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#45 » by CodeBreaker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 am

Team 2000s gonna stomp everyone. Just put Nash as the PG
Image
User avatar
Anti Chalmers
Starter
Posts: 2,121
And1: 1,689
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: :)
 

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#46 » by Anti Chalmers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 am

2010 team with KD, Steph, Lebron, Harden with Dwight controlling the paint. Damn.
Greyhound
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,858
And1: 941
Joined: Jul 15, 2002
Location: Earth

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#47 » by Greyhound » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 am

picc wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
picc wrote:
Thats a good point. OTOH, Kevin Durant isnt a 4 but they have him listed there, so I dont think they're being a complete stickler for positions so much as what you can reasonably play.


Agreed,KD is as much of a PF as AI was a PG.Can play the position but it's not the one he excels at.

From a basketball point of view,unrelated to stardom,i'd take Nash's 100 ways to get an assist over Iverson's 100 ways to score a basket with that specific line-up.


Probably. But Iverson does make sense for a legends team over Nash.

If anything, people should be complaining about Lebron being in the 00's team over Dirk.


I disagree with the Dirk thing.

KG has a stronger argument then Dirk (considering he won a title in the decade). That having been said, James is a worthy choice.
Don't believe the hype...
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
RealGM
Posts: 11,219
And1: 11,363
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#48 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 am

SlowPaced wrote:Iverson over Nash is just wrong.


Yeah but they were surprisingly competent otherwise. I'd argue Dr J over McHale for the 80s (move Bird to PF) but not sure I'd change anything else.
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph to DeMarcus Cousins

The Legend of George Marcus
User avatar
picc
RealGM
Posts: 10,946
And1: 7,876
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
 

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#49 » by picc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:12 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
picc wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Nash is a 2 time MVP. Iverson was more popular but it's basically like comparing Vince Carter to Dirk.


Iverson won an MVP. Led a finals team that took the only win off the 2001 Lakers. Was your favorite players favorite player growing up. Is one of the most iconic figures of modern basketball. Orders of magnitude more popular than Nash and laps him in "legendary" nba moments.

Yeah, there's no question on a "legends" team, Steve Nash has no business whatsoever over Iverson.


He's certainly a legend because of the absurd myth build up around him. He made the Finals in a trash heap of an East and caught the Lakers napping, after stealing an MVP from Shaq. He's certainly a popular guy but IMO the real legend is the guy who was the architect of one of the greatest offences in the NBA.


Regardless, Iverson will be more of a legend if you ask most people who ever remotely followed the nba.
ImageImage
HBK_Kliq_33
Veteran
Posts: 2,867
And1: 1,287
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#50 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 am

Dwight Howard has the worst finals performance for a superstar in NBA history, he doesn't deserve to be on the 1st team with the rest of those guys.

Replace Dwight with Kawhi Leonard and replace Iverson with Jason Kidd, than it's a perfect list.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,468
And1: 10,615
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 am

SlowPaced wrote:Also, before anyone mentions him, Charles Barkley can't be there because he doesn't give 2k the rights to use his likeness.


Chuck wasn't making the cut on either team though. McHale was a beast from 1985 to 1990 and had an elite post game.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,468
And1: 10,615
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:30 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:Again Barkley and Nash don't allow their likeness to be used which is the only reason they are probably not on some of those teams. And I love Scottie Pippen but Grant Hill's 5 seasons in the 90s are really really good. Its a toss-up for me.


Grant HIll was the better offensive player, but Scottie was the much better defensive player. Grant Hill become a very good defender, but he really wasn't at his prime with the Pistons.


Pippen had more longevity than Hill. If you ask me who I think the better player is at their peak, I'd say Grant Hill but career wise Pippen smokes him.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,468
And1: 10,615
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 am

picc wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
picc wrote:Technically, Allen Iverson is much more of a "legend" than Nash, even if you dont think he's as good a player.


Nash is a 2 time MVP. Iverson was more popular but it's basically like comparing Vince Carter to Dirk.


Iverson won an MVP. Led a finals team that took the only win off the 2001 Lakers. Was your favorite players favorite player growing up. Is one of the most iconic figures of modern basketball. Orders of magnitude more popular than Nash and laps him in "legendary" nba moments.

Yeah, there's no question on a "legends" team, Steve Nash has no business whatsoever over Iverson.


I put Jason Kidd over both.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Metallikid
Starter
Posts: 2,492
And1: 2,280
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#54 » by Metallikid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:46 am

Isiah Thomas gets done dirty yet again...
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,818
And1: 15,608
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#55 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 am

Metallikid wrote:Isiah Thomas gets done dirty yet again...


Why? Isiah Thomas's best seasons were in the 80's, but so was Magics, and the former is clearly the better player.
Why so serious?
User avatar
Metallikid
Starter
Posts: 2,492
And1: 2,280
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
       

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#56 » by Metallikid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:Isiah Thomas gets done dirty yet again...


Why? Isiah Thomas's best seasons were in the 80's, but so was Magics, and the former is clearly the better player.


I think he should get in over Mike for the 80s. MJ didn't do anything special in the 80s.
Red Shoelace - HangTime - VinBaker6 - 6ixSideSniper

* * * * * * * BOARD MEN * GET TITLES * * * * * * *
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
Posts: 13,544
And1: 6,796
Joined: Oct 22, 2004
   

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#57 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 am

picc wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
picc wrote:
Iverson won an MVP. Led a finals team that took the only win off the 2001 Lakers. Was your favorite players favorite player growing up. Is one of the most iconic figures of modern basketball. Orders of magnitude more popular than Nash and laps him in "legendary" nba moments.

Yeah, there's no question on a "legends" team, Steve Nash has no business whatsoever over Iverson.


He's certainly a legend because of the absurd myth build up around him. He made the Finals in a trash heap of an East and caught the Lakers napping, after stealing an MVP from Shaq. He's certainly a popular guy but IMO the real legend is the guy who was the architect of one of the greatest offences in the NBA.


Regardless, Iverson will be more of a legend if you ask most people who ever remotely followed the nba.


I'm aware that people like him. It bothers me when people get undeserved credit and Iverson is one of them. HOF guy for sure though.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
Posts: 13,544
And1: 6,796
Joined: Oct 22, 2004
   

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#58 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 am

Metallikid wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:Isiah Thomas gets done dirty yet again...


Why? Isiah Thomas's best seasons were in the 80's, but so was Magics, and the former is clearly the better player.


I think he should get in over Mike for the 80s. MJ didn't do anything special in the 80s.


Bird's line about God disguised as Jordan is an iconic moment if his career and NBA history.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,412
And1: 1,629
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#59 » by cdubbz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 am

SlowPaced wrote:Iverson over Nash is just wrong.


I was thinking Jason Kidd over Iverson to be real. 8x All Star in the decade, 2 Finals appearances, and Olympic Gold Medalist. Nash was Nice, but I would take Kidd over him and Iverson for that decade.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Tim Kempton
Pro Prospect
Posts: 871
And1: 1,460
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: NBA 2K20 picks All-Decade "Legendary" Teams 

Post#60 » by Tim Kempton » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 am

Kidd over AI for the '00s.
Dirk needs to be on the list somewhere, either over LeBron for the '00s or over Dwight for the '10s.

Return to The General Board