If Tom Brady gets a 7th ring this year do you put him above Jordan as the most successful/winning player of the last 30?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

If Tom Brady get's a 7th ring this year do you put him above Jordan?

Yes ranked above Jordan
49%
No still below Jordan
51%

Total votes: 581

GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,844

Re: If Tom Brady gets a 7th ring this year do you put him above Jordan as the most successful/winning player of the last 

Post#681 » by GSP » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Lalouie wrote:you're asking this on a basketball forum and the poll is currently

mj - 290
brady - 278

that speaks for itself. try asking this on a football forum

Alot of fans on football forums hate Brady. I wouldnt be surprised if Mj still led
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,799

Re: If Tom Brady gets a 7th ring this year do you put him above Jordan as the most successful/winning player of the last 

Post#682 » by hauntedcomputer » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:28 pm

Lalouie wrote:you're asking this on a basketball forum and the poll is currently

mj - 290
brady - 278

Speaks to Lebron stans more than anything.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#683 » by SkyHookFTW » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:31 pm

peZt wrote:Americans need to stop assessing an individual players greatness solely by their team record. Jordan is a much more skillfull and dominant individual player than Brady

This is ridiculous. The skill sets of Brady and Jordan are vastly different and to say one is more skillful is not quantifiable. I will say that Jordan never had to execute his skillset with 300 pound men trying to turn in into tomorrow's hamburger multiple times a game.

As Wilt is arguably the most dominant individual player ever, is Wilt greater than Brady and Jordan, seeing as you are using this as a criteria?
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach

Post#684 » by SkyHookFTW » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:33 pm

NYK-Mentality85 wrote:I'm a Knicks and Jets fan so I've witnessed their greatness from the opposite end of the spectrum.

My Jets eliminated Brady from the Playoffs @ N.E with a 2nd year QB Mark Sanchez.

My Knicks never once eliminated Michael Jordan from the playoffs.

End of thread.

Jordan was much more dominant than Brady.

Jordan also never had to cheat alongside of Phil Jackson for 5/6 rings as Brady cheated for Bill Belichick.

Worst thread of All-Time.

LOL...please...NBA teams play seven-game series, so chance of a upset is much less. Are you telling me that if Brady and Sanchez's teams played seven times that season that Sanchez would win more than Brady?
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#685 » by Lalouie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:37 pm

GSP wrote:

mj - 290
brady - 278

Alot of fans on football forums hate Brady. I wouldnt be surprised if Mj still led

last 30 yrs close to eliminates montana. would the people who hate brady pick mj anyway?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#686 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Brady still can't beat the Giants :D
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#687 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:52 pm

I personally liked Magic Johnson more than Jordan. He won 5 titles and would've won at least 2 more if it wasn't for his career being cut short in his prime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach

Post#688 » by SkyHookFTW » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:57 pm

We know Brady is not the GOAT of boating. There is a video of him getting his multimillion dollar boat stuck on a sandbar.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,345

Post#689 » by CoP » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:32 am

peZt wrote:Americans need to stop assessing an individual players greatness solely by their team record. Jordan is a much more skillfull and dominant individual player than Brady

Solely by their team record? I don't think anyone is doing that. Brady is at or near the top of most individual records for QBs.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#690 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:43 am

freethedevil wrote:Lol how is this a question. Jordan doesn't have a clearly better case than kaj, russell, or lbj. Brady literally has the best longetivty, the most winning, and the highest peak.

Brady>>>>>>>jordan and honestly might have a case vs gretsky when we consider orr.

Like seriously, make a case against brady for goat, try to. He's the best/arguably the best at everything.

Case:

Brady's a QB in a sport where by definition that means he's on the field for only half the game. Even on offense he plays 1 of 11 separate positions, each of which, by rule, has to be played differently and requires radically different skillsets. And its 1 of 22, or even 24 if you count the kicker/punter, for the whole team. He can in no way approximate the duties of a d-tackle or cornerback, nor even influence their performance with his own greatness since he's never played a single minute of football on the field next to half of the teammates he's ever had. He also plays a sport where perhaps more than any other major sport, coaching has a huge impact with intricate plays and schemes resulting in playbooks 100s of pages long.

In basketball Jordan was on the court for close to 80% of his team's plays (averaged 38.3min over his career, which is 79.8% of a 40min game). Playing both sides of the ball, and able to do everything both by rule and by talent.

In an individual sport like golf or tennis, you are of course responsible for every single play for 100% of the match.

In short, Brady's success is monumental, but he absolutely, by the very rules of the sport he plays, could not have achieved it without a whole bunch of other greatness around him.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#691 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:14 pm

This is for all of the Tom Brady haters:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33007604/my-michael-jordan-how-tom-brady-became-nfl-first-true-global-icon

NFL GLOBAL SUPERSTAR

'He's my Michael Jordan' -- How Tom Brady became the NFL's first true global icon

It's been more than 20 years since Tom Brady launched an NFL career worthy of every award and acclaim imaginable. Along the way, he has also become the league's first global superstar.

Return to The General Board