People who say the NBA is more wide open this year than previous years, I disagree...

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Re: People who say the NBA is more wide open this year than previous years, I disagree... 

Post#121 » by Forte IV » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:People are severely overrating paul george.

Are they though? If last year was the first year of true prime PG the league is in trouble. I don't understand why so many people completely disregard how amazing he was last year.

he was trash last year imo. to me he is a fraud and the most overrated player of this generation

Dude was arguably the best player in basketball for a large portion of the season last year and had a career year avg 28 ppg but he was trash? He was 8th in VORP, 13th in BPM, 5th in overall win shares yet he was trash?? Please explain to me your logic.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: People who say the NBA is more wide open this year than previous years, I disagree... 

Post#122 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Are they though? If last year was the first year of true prime PG the league is in trouble. I don't understand why so many people completely disregard how amazing he was last year.

he was trash last year imo. to me he is a fraud and the most overrated player of this generation

Dude was arguably the best player in basketball for a large portion of the season last year and had a career year avg 28 ppg but he was trash? He was 8th in VORP, 13th in BPM, 5th in overall win shares yet he was trash?? Please explain to me your logic.

empty stats chucker who again came up short in the playoffs. lillard put it in his eye when it mattered.

0 respect for paul george. complete fraud
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#123 » by Forte IV » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

empty stats chucker who again came up short in the playoffs. lillard put it in his eye when it mattered.

That's literally not an argument when I posted statistical evidence that you are wrong. If being a top 10 player makes you trash than I dont know who isnt trash for you.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,546

Post#124 » by Jcity08 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

There is an argument to be made that Lillard stole the soul of OKC with that shot but despite what most narratives tend to have you believe, it takes a team to win a playoff series, not one player and PG is on a better team with a better 1a(Kawhi over Westbrook) to his 1b and a decent cast of role players that can and probably will be tweaked & worked on before the trade deadline.

His biggest concern is health issues, not if he can perform at a high level or not.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#125 » by The_Hater » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:

You’re asking a troll to explain his logic?

Just look into his post history and you’ll get your answers. If PG was a Brooklyn Net right now, this same guy would be telling you that he’s the best player in the eastern conference and was robbed of the DPOY last season.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#126 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:

That's literally not an argument when I posted statistical evidence that you are wrong. If being a top 10 player makes you trash than I dont know who isnt trash for you.

he isnt top 50. his stats are empty and he makes everyone worse. he is also trash when it counts most.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#127 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:51 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You’re asking a troll to explain his logic?

Just look into his post history and you’ll get your answers. If PG was a Brooklyn Net right now, this same guy would be telling you that he’s the best player in the eastern conference and was robbed of the DPOY last season.

false, i trash nets players all the time.

see: levert, chandler, jordan, kurucs, etc..
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 943

Post#128 » by Blaze4G » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

wow for a minute I thought you were talking about Kyrie. Then I read the lillard part. :wink:
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect

Post#129 » by Blaze4G » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

he isnt top 50. his stats are empty and he makes everyone worse. he is also trash when it counts most.

wow! Again I thought you were talking about Kyrie!
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,607

Post#130 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:56 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:You can talk them up all you want, but Beverley, Lou, Harrell, Shamet, Zubac, Harkless is a weak supporting cast.

That's way worse than what KD/Curry have had to support them the past few years.

It's arguably worse than Kawhi's cast in Toronto.

They are a very top heavy team. They need Kawhi/PG13 to have amazing seasons and stay healthy through the Playoffs or they have no chance.

Actually, the Clippers look like one of the deepest teams in the league this season. They did win 48 games without KL and PG you might recall?

Yes, they’re a bit top heavy, but that also describes the Lakers, the Rockets and the Warriors this season. That’s generally what happens when you have 2 or the top top players in the league but it doesn’t mean the Clips have a ‘weak’ supporting cast. They clearly don’t.

They won 48 games without KL and PG? What are you talking about?

I can see how if you believe that that you would think the supporting cast is good.

Go back and look at their roster last year.

They had Tobias Harris for 55 games. He was their best player in that span. They were 30-25 with him.

They also had Gallo scoring 20 ppg. And SGA. And Bradley.

Lol. Yeah if they still had all of those guys I would agree with you.

As it is, if you remove KL/PG13 from THIS roster, they are a lottery team. They'd probably be the worst team in the West. I know you can say that about other teams, but stop with this 48 win nonsense.

I love how SGA went from future GOAT in their eyes to not even a contributor last year now
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,631

Post#131 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:59 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Actually, the Clippers look like one of the deepest teams in the league this season. They did win 48 games without KL and PG you might recall?

Yes, they’re a bit top heavy, but that also describes the Lakers, the Rockets and the Warriors this season. That’s generally what happens when you have 2 or the top top players in the league but it doesn’t mean the Clips have a ‘weak’ supporting cast. They clearly don’t.

They won 48 games without KL and PG? What are you talking about?

I can see how if you believe that that you would think the supporting cast is good.

Go back and look at their roster last year.

They had Tobias Harris for 55 games. He was their best player in that span. They were 30-25 with him.

They also had Gallo scoring 20 ppg. And SGA. And Bradley.

Lol. Yeah if they still had all of those guys I would agree with you.

As it is, if you remove KL/PG13 from THIS roster, they are a lottery team. They'd probably be the worst team in the West. I know you can say that about other teams, but stop with this 48 win nonsense.

I love how SGA went from future GOAT in their eyes to not even a contributor last year now
SGA is a future star. Last year though he was a good player, not a star contributor. Statistically he was a mixed bag like 99% of rookies. Not exactly mutually exclusive. He will be a star for years to come IMO. It's all relative though. You can't compare 3 winshare type guys to 15+ win share superstars who are in the MVP race.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#132 » by The_Hater » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Blaze4G wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Forte IV wrote:

wow for a minute I thought you were talking about Kyrie. Then I read the lillard part. :wink:

He clearly doesn’t understand the definition of ‘empty stats’ or ’ chucker’. Which is pretty ironic considering how much he defended the greatness of D’angelo Russell all last season. Logic is lost on some prople
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect

Post#133 » by Blaze4G » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:04 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Blaze4G wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He clearly doesn’t understand the definition of ‘empty stats’ or ’ chucker’. Which is pretty ironic considering how much he defended the greatness of D’angelo Russell all last season. Logic is lost on some prople

:lol: he will play the same defense for Kyrie/ Honestly, Prokorov should be the favorite for DMOY (defensive member of the year) and Shaqtin a Fool with highlights of his troll posts throughout the year.

Return to The General Board