Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda

Moderators: zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro

wutevahung
Senior
Posts: 591
And1: 383
Joined: Dec 13, 2012

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#41 » by wutevahung » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 pm

I am not knowledgable enough about other sports so hopefully someone knows here. do other sports like soccer, tennis, baseball, ping pong and etc also have this problem with differences in rules and officiating with the popular league and international play?
Mirotic12
Veteran
Posts: 2,613
And1: 991
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#42 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:15 pm

wutevahung wrote:I am not knowledgable enough about other sports so hopefully someone knows here. do other sports like soccer, tennis, baseball, ping pong and etc also have this problem with differences in rules and officiating with the popular league and international play?


Not that I can think of. I think it's just something the NBA has come up with.
asdfgh
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,453
And1: 529
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#43 » by asdfgh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Giannis shouldn't have fouled out. That was a terrible call by the refs.
Image
"Amazing is where Donaghy happens, where clubbing happens, where registered weapons happen. We invite our fans to mesh up whatever happens. It's all there." David Stern
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
RealGM
Posts: 11,482
And1: 11,955
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#45 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Lol at the use of the " for stars. You're going to have to get over the fact that Giannis is one of the best players in the WORLD, maybe the best. With or without superstar calls.


He sure wasn't anything remotely approaching the best player at the 2019 FIBA World Cup, without those superstar calls.


That’s not true. He was clearly one of the best in FIBA. Unless you want to tell me Patty Mills was better because he scored more points
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph to DeMarcus Cousins

The Legend of George Marcus
Showdown
Pro Prospect
Posts: 937
And1: 637
Joined: Feb 15, 2019

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#46 » by Showdown » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:27 pm

So their president isn't only Czech talking **** today
User avatar
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,713
And1: 1,052
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Location: Czechia
       

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#47 » by Zaschrona » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah, he is right. NBA is a soft league that awards free throws for moves that would be offensive fouls here in Europe.
Coach Carter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,122
And1: 2,054
Joined: Apr 28, 2017

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#48 » by Coach Carter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 pm

When a call is 50-50 you don't disadvantage one of the two sides by omitting a key player. I couldn't care less about fiba but that Raptors series, game 3, giannis was keeping his team alive at least on the defensive end. Kawhi did what he did only after giannis was no longer in the game.
User avatar
TheFinishSniper
Starter
Posts: 2,499
And1: 1,931
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#49 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 pm

raptor jesus wrote:NBA officiating does have some annoying quirks - superstar calls, swallowing whistles down the stretch, etc. But when you watch other basketball - NCAA, FIBA - you realize how good they are, relatively speaking.

relatively speaking to amateurs. because ncaa is amateur and FIBA has 3rd hand officials. you wanna watch real reffing watch euroleague
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
User avatar
TheFinishSniper
Starter
Posts: 2,499
And1: 1,931
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#50 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:As Satoransky said, in EuroLeague that's either a no call, or they probably call the offensive foul. They don't allow offensive players to recklessly drive into the defender, and then lower their shoulder. The defender being in position or not is secondary to that.

That's the difference, NBA rules are geared to make it an offensive league, favoring the offense, and favoring the "stars", since that type of rule interpretation will benefit them.

Now we have the forum judging FIBA calls, based on how NBA refs interpret them.

that means lebron james is a scrub by euroleague or euro refs definition. because he made career out of lowering his shoulder on his drives. Love european basketball
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 35,999
And1: 40,821
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#51 » by clyde21 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 pm

superstar calls are a thing, but let's get one thing straight Tomas...ain't no one ever said 'i wanna go watch Tomas Satoransky play basketball'...they come to watch Giannis, not you.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,603
And1: 10,810
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Big 3 will crush the east!
     

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#52 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 pm

the thing i hate most about the nba. Lebron, now Giannis, can just put shoulder down, plow through the defense like walter payton, get 2 pts and a free throw.

Gordon Hayward who is also very strong does it, and is an offensive foul every single time. Even if the defender is moving or not set, the offensive guy can't just clear him out with forearm or shoulder.

That call was iffy still, but I would be a happy man if players weren't rewarded for looking like a roided up muscle builder plowing into defenders and were instead rewarded for more skill.

Probably my only real problem with officials and refs over the last 10 years.
Prokorov "My first hand sources are agents of players who heard it from the players, first hand, from other players who were there first hand told by a assistant gm who saw it on Reddit"
axeman23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 1,210
Joined: Jul 31, 2009

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#53 » by axeman23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:superstar calls are a thing, but let's get one thing straight Tomas...ain't no one ever said 'i wanna go watch Tomas Satoransky play basketball'...they come to watch Giannis, not you.


After watching Satoransky vs the Boomers, maybe people SHOULD watch more of him. He had a huge game, and kept the Czechs in it most of the way. He certainly opened my eyes to how good of a player he is...
User avatar
homecourtloss
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,034
And1: 6,521
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#54 » by homecourtloss » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Cool, give him the Bucks roster in the tournament and lets see how he does. Not the bums he had to play with.


The Bucks players on Team USA didn't fare that well in the tournament either. Looks like the Bucks best players just aren't that great without NBA rules and reffing.


So, even money for all teams, you wouldn’t pick the Bucks’ playoff roster (minus Ilyasova and Mirotic if you want—find similar level replacements for them) to win the FIBA WC? If so, it’s delusional because that team would absolutely dominate.
LBJ’s 2018 Playoff run vs. MJ’s best playoff runs
and also
Greatest Playoffs Carry Jobs ever

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1783139&p=71567195#p71567195

OdomFan wrote:I'd rather have Ray Allen on my team [over Curry].
Mirotic12
Veteran
Posts: 2,613
And1: 991
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#55 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Cool, give him the Bucks roster in the tournament and lets see how he does. Not the bums he had to play with.


The Bucks players on Team USA didn't fare that well in the tournament either. Looks like the Bucks best players just aren't that great without NBA rules and reffing.


So, even money for all teams, you wouldn’t pick the Bucks’ playoff roster (minus Ilyasova and Mirotic if you want—find similar level replacements for them) to win the FIBA WC? If so, it’s delusional because that team would absolutely dominate.


That team wouldn't win any medal as long as it based around Giannis. Giannis is almost useless in FIBA competitions in the half court against a set defense.
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,989
And1: 15,839
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#56 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 am

so_bored wrote:People need to realize NBA is no longer a genuine sport. It's an entertainment show now. There are simply too much money involved now from both league and players perspective to change that. It's really unfortunate, but it is what it is.


If you think favouritism only started recently, you're wrong. The 'star' treatment has been going on for decades.

What Tomas said is not a revelation, but a simple fact. Once the league realised to sell the product, it had to sell it's players, that's when they began to start giving the star players favorable treatment because fans would come out to see the specific stars play.
Why so serious?
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,989
And1: 15,839
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#57 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 am

clyde21 wrote:superstar calls are a thing, but let's get one thing straight Tomas...ain't no one ever said 'i wanna go watch Tomas Satoransky play basketball'...they come to watch Giannis, not you.


That is essentially the point he was making. The NBA is a star driven league, so they are going to give the star players favorable treatment, because as you said, fans don't come out to watch the average players.
Why so serious?
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
RealGM
Posts: 11,482
And1: 11,955
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#58 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
The Bucks players on Team USA didn't fare that well in the tournament either. Looks like the Bucks best players just aren't that great without NBA rules and reffing.


So, even money for all teams, you wouldn’t pick the Bucks’ playoff roster (minus Ilyasova and Mirotic if you want—find similar level replacements for them) to win the FIBA WC? If so, it’s delusional because that team would absolutely dominate.


That team wouldn't win any medal as long as it based around Giannis. Giannis is almost useless in FIBA competitions in the half court against a set defense.


Gobert was BY FAR the biggest reason France beat the US... And you say Giannis is almost "useless"? How does that work?
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph to DeMarcus Cousins

The Legend of George Marcus
balrog27
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 34
Joined: Feb 07, 2015

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#59 » by balrog27 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 am

lol, honestly I think ya'll are spoiled, there are plenty of **** officiating not in the NBA, might actually be worse.
User avatar
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,800
And1: 3,553
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: Tomas Satoransky States The Truth About The NBA And Its Reffing Agenda 

Post#60 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

I don't like when the player initiates contact and that's the only contact and yet the initiator gets award the FT
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to The General Board