Preseason games discussion thread 2019

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

How many times will the phrase "it's only preseason" be used in this thread on average?

Once every 10 pages or more
8%
Once every 8 pages
No votes
Once every 6 pages
1%
Once every 4 pages
4%
Once every 3 pages
7%
Once every 2 pages
17%
Once every page
16%
Twice every page
16%
Thrice or more every page
31%

Total votes: 153

audiosway
Junior
And1: 263

Re: Preseason games discussion thread 2019 

Post#1941 » by audiosway » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:19 am

LakersSoul wrote:
audiosway wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Why won’t it?

Lakers have 2 of the top 5 players in NBA.
They have length.
They have depth.
They have shooters.
They have an experienced coaching staff.

They need age/time to gel and get chemistry and better. That will age just fine.

You call a bench scoring 13 points depth? I know you guys are excited that the Lakers are relevant again. But, they proved in game 1 of the season that they aren't the best team in LA. They were "warning" the NBA about game 1 of the preseason being a blow out. I hope you aren't expecting 28 points from Danny Green every night. He was the only reason that was just a 10 point loss.

One game and you already throwing a party?

No party here. I'm not the one with the sig saying the Lakers rule the west. I understand you guys are excited. However, Lakers fans and the media make it sound like it's over. Sure, they will gel and get better.

But, let's not pretend that LeBron isn't about to be 35 in his 17th season. AD is good and all but he shrinks in the 4th big time. When the spotlight is on he caves. The bench is just average at best. In short, this isn't the showtime Lakers. It's not even the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. They will be good but I don't see any title team.

Return to The General Board