Preseason games discussion thread 2019

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

How many times will the phrase "it's only preseason" be used in this thread on average?

Once every 10 pages or more
8%
Once every 8 pages
No votes
Once every 6 pages
1%
Once every 4 pages
4%
Once every 3 pages
7%
Once every 2 pages
17%
Once every page
16%
Twice every page
16%
Thrice or more every page
31%

Total votes: 153

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Re: Preseason games discussion thread 2019 

Post#61 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 10:11 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:Back in July I remember most of the people here said, what are the Kings doing and trying to prove by signing those guys to those deals.

I don’t remember that for these guys but I also wasn’t looking for it. Barnes I was def a part of tearing that apart. I still don’t like it.

Barnes is fine. He’s one of the team’s core, and looked ever bit the solid wing coming into his prime today. You don’t let guys of that caliber walk in Sacramento, because there is no better in FA coming

The Holmes signing was great, I think the world relatively of him

We'll agree to disagree on Barnes. Love everything else you guys have done.

I expect a big trade coming
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,293

Post#62 » by xBulletproof » Fri Oct 4, 2019 10:28 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Yeah the bench isn't going to be good, but it will be fine even with Domas starting. Once Vic is back Lamb will shift there and just not having CoJo/Tyreke is addition by subtraction.

Could REALLY use progress from Aaron Holiday, but he looked like booty in summer league making the same mistakes he did during the season. Does it bode well that he only played 10 minutes in the preseason game as well? I don't even know who Jakarr Sampson is but he played 22 minutes off the bench. :lol:

I just figured for a 2nd year PG, preseason is the time to get a lot of minutes in, and 10 wasn't very impressive for me. Makes me wonder where he stands there. Guess we will see if anything changes tomorrow.

I assume Sampson only played because Goga and Leaf couldn't.

While probably truth, that was just the smart ass part of my comment. Doesn't make me feel better about Aaron getting 10 minutes. I'll be disappointed if he's still the #3 PG this year. I probably wouldn't even look at it as the first preseason game, but it's compounded by how bad he looked in SL.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#63 » by pacers33granger » Fri Oct 4, 2019 10:36 pm

xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
Could REALLY use progress from Aaron Holiday, but he looked like booty in summer league making the same mistakes he did during the season. Does it bode well that he only played 10 minutes in the preseason game as well? I don't even know who Jakarr Sampson is but he played 22 minutes off the bench. :lol:

I just figured for a 2nd year PG, preseason is the time to get a lot of minutes in, and 10 wasn't very impressive for me. Makes me wonder where he stands there. Guess we will see if anything changes tomorrow.

While probably truth, that was just the smart ass part of my comment. Doesn't make me feel better about Aaron getting 10 minutes. I'll be disappointed if he's still the #3 PG this year. I probably wouldn't even look at it as the first preseason game, but it's compounded by how bad he looked in SL.

Yeah I'm holding out hope he looked so bad in SL because he was asked to do too much and played with no bigs even close to NBA caliber. Glad we got TJ in case he's not ready, but he's an older 2nd year player so if he's not ready this year, it's not looking great.
Ree4erMadness
Senior
And1: 981

Post#64 » by Ree4erMadness » Fri Oct 4, 2019 10:57 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Yeah the bench isn't going to be good, but it will be fine even with Domas starting. Once Vic is back Lamb will shift there and just not having CoJo/Tyreke is addition by subtraction.

It could also be because he used to play for the Kings. I think he was drafted by them.
"In America you'll never be free, middle fingers up **** the police. Damn can a nikka just breathe? - Nas - 2008
Ree4erMadness
Senior
And1: 981

Post#65 » by Ree4erMadness » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:00 pm

Sabonis is a beast man
"In America you'll never be free, middle fingers up **** the police. Damn can a nikka just breathe? - Nas - 2008
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#66 » by BoogieTime » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:04 pm

Ree4erMadness wrote:Sabonis is a beast man

Bagley needs to be a lot better
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#67 » by BoogieTime » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:06 pm

Zespetjest wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Zespetjest wrote:Did Bogdanović touch the ball in OT at all?

Why is that important?

Well, he’s one of their best players and shooters. They played 0 actions for him. Didn’t even pass him the ball. Was just weird to me, nothing else.

One of their best players? Didn’t see the end but if he was with Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Barnes etc nobody is purposely focusing on him. Team game
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,271

Post#68 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:42 pm

xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

Oh, yea I hated the TJ McConnell signing because it showed me the Pacers have 0 interest in giving Aaron Holiday more minutes. He got benched the second that signing was made.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#69 » by frothbrain » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:52 pm

Nets should've signed Melo. This team will struggle even with Kyrie.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#70 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:54 pm

frothbrain wrote:Nets should've signed Melo. This team will struggle even with Kyrie.

Lol wut?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#71 » by Sactowndog » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:00 am

BoogieTime wrote:
Zespetjest wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Why is that important?

Well, he’s one of their best players and shooters. They played 0 actions for him. Didn’t even pass him the ball. Was just weird to me, nothing else.

One of their best players? Didn’t see the end but if he was with Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Barnes etc nobody is purposely focusing on him. Team game

He was and it was a huge problem. Buddy makes horrible decisions in crunch time and should have his butt on the bench. Bogi doesn’t rebound well and ends up standing on the perimeter doing nothing while Buddy turns the ball over.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,870

Post#72 » by Hoopstar23 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:02 am

this number 30 guy shooting!!!!!!!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#73 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:03 am

frothbrain wrote:Nets should've signed Melo. This team will struggle even with Kyrie.

Lol

You do realize this is the entire team’s first NBA game since April?...
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,293

Post#74 » by xBulletproof » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:04 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:I assume Sampson only played because Goga and Leaf couldn't.

Oh, yea I hated the TJ McConnell signing because it showed me the Pacers have 0 interest in giving Aaron Holiday more minutes. He got benched the second that signing was made.

Not really, it's not like they signed a guy that someone shouldn't be able to beat out for the position. You make it sound like they signed a great 6th man to keep him in the 3rd role on purpose. If Aaron can't beat out TJ McConnell that says more about Aaron than the Pacers intentions.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#75 » by BoogieTime » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:05 am

Sactowndog wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Zespetjest wrote:Well, he’s one of their best players and shooters. They played 0 actions for him. Didn’t even pass him the ball. Was just weird to me, nothing else.

He was and it was a huge problem. Buddy makes horrible decisions in crunch time and should have his butt on the bench. Bogi doesn’t rebound well and ends up standing on the perimeter doing nothing while Buddy turns the ball over.

Buddy was arguably the best player on the Kings. He’s one of the team’s best players, so yeah, not seeing that
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#76 » by DarkXaero » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:43 am

:lol: :lol:
Paradise

Preseason games discussion thread 2019 

Post#77 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:48 am

Taurean Prince with an easy 14 points, Caris with 7 assists...defensively struggling without Kyrie lol
Paradise

Post#78 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:55 am

BTW, the Nets were among the first few select teams (Blazers, Raptors, Pelicans) to inquire about LaMelo Ball at Spire.

So, Sean Marks is already doing Plan B and ‘worst case scenario’ work for those concerned about our future.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,271

Post#79 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:01 am

xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

Not really, it's not like they signed a guy that someone shouldn't be able to beat out for the position. You make it sound like they signed a great 6th man to keep him in the 3rd role on purpose. If Aaron can't beat out TJ McConnell that says more about Aaron than the Pacers intentions.

In theory, yes, you would be right.

In reality, Nate McMillan will take a solid vet over a young, unproven player 10 out of 10 times.
PrinceCliche
Sixth Man
And1: 720

Post#80 » by PrinceCliche » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:15 am

What Planet do you live on?

Return to The General Board