Harden: We Apologize, We Love China

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Re: Harden: We Apologize, We Love China 

Post#341 » by Darknemo2000 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am

pootbrah wrote:We should be giving voice to those whom are having theirs taken away. Not siding with the oppressor....

We should but we wont because money. Personaly I think sports should not get into politics but it should apply to all politics not selected few.

But yeah we are bending over for some money and US corporations are happy to ignore freedom of speech and side with those that volate them if they get the cash meanwhile those who usually speak up against various social issues now are suddenly silent when theres money involved.

Props to Popovich btw at least he supported "highly controversial" Silvers statement of support of freedom of expressing yourselves. differently from cowardly Kerr.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,236

Post#342 » by Zenzibar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:18 am

scrabbarista wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Politics aside. This whole thing is stemming from the vicious trade war between this current administration and China. Plain and simple.

We have our own issues here without coloring everything righteous or unrighteous.
The reality is that the NBA stands to lose $ billions! That's the reason the cap is what it is and teams/players are making buko money.

China is not worried about 1 single dude, are you fkn serious! :roll:

It's about the trade war and the subtle impact China can inflict on this economy as well. Entertainment is BIG business.

You won't hear a peep about China from MLB that's for sure. :lol:

You're not making any sense. Are you saying China is pretending to be angry so that it can kick the NBA out of its country? :lol:

China's not worried about one single dude?

How about Liu Xiaobo?

How about Joshua Wong?

How about Guo Wengui?

What about Mark Kern and the smear campaign he endured?

What about Sheng Xue and the smear campaign she endured?

You're not making any sense. Saying a government isn't worried about one dude like one dude never did anything is just silly. Gandhi. Mandela. One dude. Your comment reads like one gaslight after another.

What are you 15 years old? Where did I say that China is pretending?

Who are these people, I don't even know. Surely they are important in the context of politics.
This is also tied into the trade war, that's my point.

LMAO you're comparing Morey to Mandela?

Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#343 » by Edrees » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Darknemo2000 wrote:
pootbrah wrote:We should be giving voice to those whom are having theirs taken away. Not siding with the oppressor....

We should but we wont because money. Personaly I think sports should not get into politics but it should apply to all politics not selected few.

But yeah we are bending over for some money and US corporations are happy to ignore freedom of speech and side with those that volate them if they get the cash meanwhile those who usually speak up against various social issues now are suddenly silent when theres money involved.

Props to Popovich btw at least he supported "highly controversial" Silvers statement of support of freedom of expressing yourselves. differently from cowardly Kerr.

How many posters here do you think would, given a choice, issue a statement in support of Hong King of it meant they'd get fired from their job? I do take issue with the NBA and/or Lebron supporting China in this matter, but everyone is guilty for being more willing to make personal sacrifices for issue that are closer to them and I think it's naive for so many people here to not recognize that.

Return to The General Board