Why are people picking the Bulls as a playoff team?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will the Bulls make the Playoffs?

Yes
23%
No
77%

Total votes: 199

InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Re: Why are people picking the Bulls as a playoff team? 

Post#121 » by InsideInfo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
InsideInfo wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
If I say that a player looks like a future all-star does that mean I think that they're currently an all-star?

Ok so you also said

I never said that I think he will be a bust but he has played like one so far. There is a big difference between the 2.

Is going 3/10 usually considered having a bad game? Yes, so he played like a bust.

So did Herro play like a bust last night? 3/8 with 8 points and 4 turnovers in 26 minutes.

Or does your logic not extend to Miami players who you have already decided are comparable to Devin Booker and Donavan Mitchell ad rookies?

Sure Herro played like a bust yesterday(shooting-wise) but you can also extend that logic to players like LeBron and Curry who have also had bust-like games so it doesn't really bother me. It's like you have a problem when anyone says anything negative about the young Bulls players.

I don't have a problem with people saying negative things about the bulls. Dunn has sucked for a few years. Lauri has not been impressive.

My issue was that you used the word "Bust" to describe a guy after SL and a Preseason game. That's what most people would call a Hot take...and it was a bad one. For some reason, you just cant say that White doesn't appear to be a bust.

And do your point about applying that logic to guys like curry and james….no bc that makes no sense.. You don't have "Bust-like" games. That's not a thing. You are either a bust or you're not a bust. There is a definition to the word bust. Its a high draft pick that ends up sucking and in hindsight was a waste of a draft pick.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#122 » by PlayerUp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:If I say that a player looks like a future all-star does that mean I think that they're currently an all-star?

You're being stubborn. Can't just admit you were wrong, learn from it and move on. Instead you're trying to do damage control.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#123 » by The Force. » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Bulls will likely be better than both the Magic and Pistons, and arguably the Heat and Nets (depending on Kyrie's health).
They have a very good shot at the 6-8 seed IMO.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Yes, I know the East is weak. But I still struggle to see a path outside of injuries for them to make the playoffs this year. I don't see how they will be better than Philly, Milwaukee, Boston, Toronto, Indiana, Orlando, Brooklyn, or Miami at this stage.

I like their young core of players, but I also think they will struggle mightily defensively. Lavine && Lauri are exciting offensive players but they have both left a lot to be desired up to this point on the defensive end. I think Wendell is the one guy that could really help this team defensively, but are we ever going to see him? Every time I look up he is injured. Didn't play tonight because of a new injury he suffered in camp. It feels hard to count on him until we actually see him consistently stay healthy and contribute.

There are some interesting vets on this team like Porter and young, but outside of them and the young guys I mentioned (plus Coby) I think their bench and roster overall is pretty weak/inexperienced. Watching their game tonight just kind of confirmed many of the doubts I already had about this team coming into the season when all the Bulls will make the playoffs buzz was going around.

Again, I don't want to make it seem like I'm hating on their roster. I think they are young and have some promising players on it, but I don't see them as a playoff team.

do they have less talent then boston or orlando?

do they have less defense then those team?

they are a young team, but its not like its all 19-22 year olds. i think they can easily be a 5-8 seed
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#125 » by coldfish » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 pm

The east is going to be interesting. There are a lot of relatively mediocre teams that are going to be trying to make the playoffs. I suspect that the win totals will be bunched together and that health more than anything will tip the scales for who ends up where in the 3 to 8 seeds.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#126 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Because it's totally possible?!

I mean I would favor ORL to make it in ahead of them but it's not completely out of the question.

MIL
PHI
IND
TOR
BOS
BKN
MIA

While I do think these 7 are locks (especially the top 2). I could also see one falling out if they struggle with any injuries. If CHI doesn't make it this year I think they will in the next couple or so. I also think ATL will inch closer.

And the bulls are ahead of Indy, Boston, Brooklyn, and possibly Miami and Toronto of your list too.

Minus a ton of injuries, it’s more likely they are a top 4-5 seed than outside the playoffs.

I don't agree with that.

Bulls are still yet to show they even have built the experience or consistentcy to make the Playoffs nevermind surpassing franchises that have been doing so year after year.

It's extremely rare that a team goes from being a non-Playoff team to top 4-5 in a single season without perhaps acquiring one of the leagues top superstars which obv the Bulls have not done. You have a bunch of talented young players that are still working on winning consistently which is a thing for younger players, it takes time but for some reason it seems like you think that will happen overnight/over the course of a single off season.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#127 » by bulliedog8 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:52 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Because it's totally possible?!

I mean I would favor ORL to make it in ahead of them but it's not completely out of the question.

MIL
PHI
IND
TOR
BOS
BKN
MIA

While I do think these 7 are locks (especially the top 2). I could also see one falling out if they struggle with any injuries. If CHI doesn't make it this year I think they will in the next couple or so. I also think ATL will inch closer.

And the bulls are ahead of Indy, Boston, Brooklyn, and possibly Miami and Toronto of your list too.

Minus a ton of injuries, it’s more likely they are a top 4-5 seed than outside the playoffs.

I don't agree with that.

Bulls are still yet to show they even have built the experience or consistentcy to make the Playoffs nevermind surpassing franchises that have been doing so year after year.

It's extremely rare that a team goes from being a non-Playoff team to top 4-5 in a single season without perhaps acquiring one of the leagues top superstars which obv the Bulls have not done. You have a bunch of talented young players that are still working on winning consistently which is a thing for younger players, it takes time but for some reason it seems like you think that will happen overnight/over the course of a single off season.

I was semi joking. My semi seriousness to my post is my personal (and obvious) bias.

But I do think Lavine is going to turn into a near borderline superstar this year. His coming out party will be all star weekend (dunk contest and all start bid). Great vets in Tomas and Thad to help the young guys. Same with Otto. Just need lauri to step up and everyone to stay healthy. Bulls can be a top 10 defense this year if Wendell stays healthy, thats how high I am on his defensive prospective.

Spoiler:
*Note: I had the bulls in the playoffs every year the last 4 years
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#128 » by Clocian » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:11 am

This will be a nice thread to revisit after the season to serve crow.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Damn I love Hip Hop!
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#129 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Clocian wrote:This will be a nice thread to revisit after the season to serve crow.

Maybe, but through 3 games I'm still struggling to see a playoff team. The defensive concerns are still there and I'm still not anticipating any major jump from Lavine/Lauri. Coby has been a pleasant surprise though.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#130 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Well they look good on paper but not so good on the floor
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#131 » by RaptorsLife » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:00 pm

No team with zach lavine as number 1 option will be a playoff team
Raptors til death
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#132 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 pm

John Paxson
Gar Foreman
Jim Boylen

^
The reason why this franchise is in basketball hell. Playoffs?? Why? Who cares?

Use this front office and coaching staff to their full potential...tank commanding.
#sadbullsfan
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#133 » by Stillwater » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm

I don't know who is saying that but the last 3 spots in the East could be up for grabs by any team not expected to be in the mix...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#134 » by dacrusha » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 am

Clocian wrote:This will be a nice thread to revisit after the season to serve crow.

So far Bulls looking like the worst team in the East along with the Knicks.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#135 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:19 pm

dacrusha wrote:

So far Bulls looking like the worst team in the East along with the Knicks.

Obviously, they could still go on a run and make them but all the red flags for this team were still there. They are currently 23rd in defensive rating while being 1-4 and thats with playing 3 of the preseason projected worst teams in the league. They just lack defenders at all levels, and I think that will be exposed even more so when they go up against better teams.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#136 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Some crow should be served now :wink:.

Return to The General Board