KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, Prez

bronxknicksfan1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,546
And1: 166
Joined: Feb 01, 2011
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#201 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:39 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol I don't really care, it's preseason, and you guys are so confident about selling out at home, which might not happen. And even if it did, idgaf. You guys ranked 18th in home attendance last season, and yall out here talking so much **** about attendance :lol:

they were actually ranked 9th at home and 11th overall.

but like you said, you don't care .. even if you're making up stuff ;)
Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

Image


And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 34,299
And1: 19,994
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#202 » by dakomish23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:40 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol stop **** lying, I watched part of Knicks' preseason game against Wizards, that wasn't even close to a sellout :lol:

Who cares about preseason anyway? Better yet, why are you guys so obsessed with attendance? Worry more about the state of your team/franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realize the wizards game was played in Washington? Congratulations you played yourself :lol:
You're talking about selling out preseason games, you didn't say anything about playing at home. If you guys are as amazing a brand as you claim, you should be selling out in DC.


This is your argument?
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Rockice_24
Starter
Posts: 2,135
And1: 778
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#203 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:41 pm

Knicks fans talking about preseason ticket sales.

Insert Iverson GIF here

LOL come on now. At least stick to the regular season attendance. We know it's all you got left.
DarkXaero
General Manager
Posts: 8,456
And1: 1,871
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#204 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:43 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:they were actually ranked 9th at home and 11th overall.

but like you said, you don't care .. even if you're making up stuff ;)
Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

Image

of all the thing you've selected, that's the barometer you going by? was it discouraging to find out the knicks were hovering top 10 in the other categories so you cherry picked the most useless one of all?
Are you incapable of comprehending basic stuff? Percentage attendance is the right metric to measure this, not a useless barometer. :lol:

How else are you going to compare attendances when there are significant differences between the 30 arenas in the NBA? :lol:
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:44 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Who cares about cool?

The FO led one of the greatest turnarounds in a span of 3 years. Didn't own their own first from 2016-2018. Coming off a 21 win season. No prospects on the roster. That's what Marks was looking at. Give credit when credit is due.

I get called a BKN whatever by fellow Knicks fans but I'll always appreciate smart management decisions.


Thank you for your honesty. Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson turned the Nets from a laughing stock to a hard working, player friendly franchise that values a positive work environment and puts the player's needs, ranging from family, medical, and mental health first and foremost. Even when the Nets won 21 and 28 games during the first two years, everyone still had a positive attitude and played hard from start to finish. I've never seen anything like this in my two decades of being a Nets fan.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
DarkXaero
General Manager
Posts: 8,456
And1: 1,871
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#206 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:45 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:they were actually ranked 9th at home and 11th overall.

but like you said, you don't care .. even if you're making up stuff ;)
Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

Image


And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:45 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:Knicks fans talking about preseason ticket sales.

Insert Iverson GIF here

LOL come on now. At least stick to the regular season attendance. We know it's all you got left.


It's literally all they have left.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#208 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:47 pm

blueNorange wrote:
RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks aren't cool tho.

Read on Twitter


My point about tourists walking in. The Knicks are a scam.

so of all top 10 teams, only the knicks are because of tourists.

gotcha.


Corporate ticket sales as well, can't discount that. I'm curious to see how much of the Knicks season ticket sales are due to corporate purchases...yall have been garbage for so long it's really hard to imagine people paying hundreds of dollars to watch the Knicks get blown out of the gym when they can do it from the comfort of their own home.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
DarkXaero
General Manager
Posts: 8,456
And1: 1,871
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#209 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:50 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You do realize the wizards game was played in Washington? Congratulations you played yourself :lol:
You're talking about selling out preseason games, you didn't say anything about playing at home. If you guys are as amazing a brand as you claim, you should be selling out in DC.


This is your argument?
I'm not the one who started talking **** about preseason attendance, first of all. I really don't care about all that. I responded to a troll post by providing a valid explanation for low attendance but the response to me was more trolling, so that's what you get. But you didn't sell out frequently last season at home going by reg season attendance, so he's straight up lying about selling out preseason games at home regardless. You made the only reasonable Knicks fan post in this thread, so I'm not looking to argue with you dude.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 44,865
And1: 9,458
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#210 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
My point about tourists walking in. The Knicks are a scam.

so of all top 10 teams, only the knicks are because of tourists.

gotcha.


Corporate ticket sales as well, can't discount that. I'm curious to see how much of the Knicks season ticket sales are due to corporate purchases...yall have been garbage for so long it's really hard to imagine people paying hundreds of dollars to watch the Knicks get blown out of the gym when they can do it from the comfort of their own home.

i know this hard to believe but actual fans still show up no matter what, believe it or not.

i know it's hard since the nets have been playing on the road 82 games a year since moving to brooklyn.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#211 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:51 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Yankees playing in the playoffs that night, while Nets playing a meaningless preseason game (with no Kyrie or KD) against a Brazilian team no one heard of. But carry on :roll:

Knicks still sell out preseason games even if we suck.You desperate using the Yankees as a excuse. But carry on. :lol:



I paid 700 bucks once a couple of seasons ago to watch Lebron **** all over Carmelo and our future stud KP. It was a great sellout, all the boos reigning down at the end, watching these guys go inside the tunnel, tails tucked between their legs....like the last 30 **** years.

This looks nice, looks like you can get good seats to watch some great players play some great ball.

Legacy has now come down to ticket sales.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are reaching so far up our asses we can smell our fingertips.


Fam, you're more than welcome to join the Dark Side. We actually welcome Knick fans who are tired of Dolan's regime. The Nets are fun, positive franchise. The last three seasons have been so much fun that even when we were losing games the games were still entertaining. Now the fun part begins.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#212 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:52 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

Image


And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:


They know their management and their on court product is complete garbage compared to what Marks and Kenny have put together so it's literally all they can talk about.

It's going to be a rough year for them. Very rough.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
bronxknicksfan1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,546
And1: 166
Joined: Feb 01, 2011
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#213 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:54 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

Image


And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:


It's you that's bringing this up right now :lol:

Did so much for you guys that you're still talking about the Knicks while your injured star player is arguing with Knicks fans on Twitter after taking time to talk about them :lol:

Average and overall attendance have the Knicks at the top half of the league. Nets couldn't even get out the bottom 3rd and even going by percentage, are still well below the Knicks.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 44,865
And1: 9,458
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#214 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:


They know their management and their on court product is complete garbage compared to what Marks and Kenny have put together so it's literally all they can talk about.

It's going to be a rough year for them. Very rough.

just out of curisotity, how many wins do you have them winning this year?

because i can see as low as 41 and as high as 46.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#215 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:56 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:so of all top 10 teams, only the knicks are because of tourists.

gotcha.


Corporate ticket sales as well, can't discount that. I'm curious to see how much of the Knicks season ticket sales are due to corporate purchases...yall have been garbage for so long it's really hard to imagine people paying hundreds of dollars to watch the Knicks get blown out of the gym when they can do it from the comfort of their own home.

i know this hard to believe but actual fans still show up no matter what, believe it or not.

i know it's hard since the nets have been playing on the road 82 games a year since moving to brooklyn.


sure they do. by those declining attendance numbers, seems like more blue collar fans aren't willing to spends $150+ per seat to watch the Knicks embarrass themselves
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 30,626
And1: 18,932
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#216 » by E-Balla » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
My point about tourists walking in. The Knicks are a scam.

so of all top 10 teams, only the knicks are because of tourists.

gotcha.


Corporate ticket sales as well, can't discount that. I'm curious to see how much of the Knicks season ticket sales are due to corporate purchases...yall have been garbage for so long it's really hard to imagine people paying hundreds of dollars to watch the Knicks get blown out of the gym when they can do it from the comfort of their own home.

You know damn well Knicks fans will pay hundreds of dollars to see us get our asses handed to us. It's what makes us one of the strongest fanbases in the league.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 30,410
And1: 11,466
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#217 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:


They know their management and their on court product is complete garbage compared to what Marks and Kenny have put together so it's literally all they can talk about.

It's going to be a rough year for them. Very rough.

just out of curisotity, how many wins do you have them winning this year?

because i can see as low as 41 and as high as 46.


The Nets? 45-48 wins. The team is a lot better than last year's squad even without Durant, with depth at every position.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
bronxknicksfan1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,546
And1: 166
Joined: Feb 01, 2011
     

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#218 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
And the Knicks still beat out the Nets by over 10% :lol:
Yeah, that's cool, congratulations guys. That really helped you out this summer :lol:

But for a fanbase that constantly keeps bragging about attendance, 18th in the league isn't a good look. :lol: :lol:


They know their management and their on court product is complete garbage compared to what Marks and Kenny have put together so it's literally all they can talk about.

It's going to be a rough year for them. Very rough.


Knicks fans:

KD and Nets fans: *says something negative about the Knicks*

Knicks fans: *riled up*

Pretty much how it always goes on here.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 44,865
And1: 9,458
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#219 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Corporate ticket sales as well, can't discount that. I'm curious to see how much of the Knicks season ticket sales are due to corporate purchases...yall have been garbage for so long it's really hard to imagine people paying hundreds of dollars to watch the Knicks get blown out of the gym when they can do it from the comfort of their own home.

i know this hard to believe but actual fans still show up no matter what, believe it or not.

i know it's hard since the nets have been playing on the road 82 games a year since moving to brooklyn.


sure they do. by those declining attendance numbers, seems like more blue collar fans aren't willing to spends $150+ per seat to watch the Knicks embarrass themselves

if top 10 is declining then jeez any profitable business would take that.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 44,865
And1: 9,458
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#220 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
They know their management and their on court product is complete garbage compared to what Marks and Kenny have put together so it's literally all they can talk about.

It's going to be a rough year for them. Very rough.

just out of curisotity, how many wins do you have them winning this year?

because i can see as low as 41 and as high as 46.


The Nets? 45-48 wins. The team is a lot better than last year's squad even without Durant, with depth at every position.

well you're going to be a little disappointed because your team isn't better than last year(without durant)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to The General Board