KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,331

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#361 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:26 pm

NYKHardKnock wrote:Knick fans know how this works, it’s happened to us for 20 years, we know a bad situation when we see one.

BINGO

Nets fans I would be very cautious if I were you. You guys are really climbing a slippery slope over here with how cocky you guys are acting.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#362 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Stannis wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
Guys looking out for #1 (themselves). They are going to want to put up numbers and get paid that's what you get with these young players in their prime looking to get paid. Great team building strategy. How about you do it right find some young players to develop who don't have a name yet so you can mold them to your system and not just smash a bunch of PF's on a team and expect it work out.

Only thing you did was not tie up cap space which is good but in terms of development and team building, terrible.

They did that last year with guys like Mario and Mudiay. It didn't work out.

With all the veterans they signed, this year is the year the FO can truly judge Fizdale and decide if he has a future as the Knicks HC.

And we still have players "who don't have a name yet" like Trier, Dotson, and Brazdeikis.

On top of that we have prospects like RJ, Mitch, DSjr. Risky prospects like Ntilikina and Knox. Veterans on short term deals that can be easily moved if you decide to go full tank. MM can be released if he is causing issues. Cap flexibility. And 2 picks from Dallas.

I'm not sure what more Knicks could want in this life-cycle.

PS, I know the running joke is that the Knicks have all PFs, but in reality Bobby and Taj are likely to see more time at Center, since Mitch is the only "Center" on this roster.

True and gusy like Trier, Dotson, Braz, Knox etc should be the ones seeing the most minutes but guys like Morris, Payton, Bullock, Ellington etc are likely going to take developmental time away from the younger players. That's what I hate the most about the Knicks offseason. If you told me it's just depth great but benching guys you want to develop is not how they'll get better. Are you trying to win or develop? You can try to do both but it's not easy. Let's see what they prioritize.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#363 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:29 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
NYKHardKnock wrote:Knick fans know how this works, it’s happened to us for 20 years, we know a bad situation when we see one.

BINGO

Nets fans I would be very cautious if I were you. You guys are really climbing a slippery slope over here with how cocky you guys are acting.

Cautiously optimistic that once KD is back they can contend, how dare they.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,331

Post#364 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

BINGO

You consider the way that Nets fans are behaving on RealGm is cautious? Lmao
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,951

Post#365 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
True and gusy like Trier, Dotson, Braz, Knox etc should be the ones seeing the most minutes but guys like Morris, Payton, Bullock, Ellington etc are likely going to take developmental time away from the younger players. That's what I hate the most about the Knicks offseason. If you told me it's just depth great but benching guys you want to develop is not how they'll get better. Are you trying to win or develop? You can try to do both but it's not easy. Let's see what they prioritize.

Only minutes they might take away from are Frank, Knox, and Trier. And honestly, they had their time last year and showed little to no development. And really didn't look interested in general. Getting minutes doesn't mean you are going to develop.

I'm hoping this year, since they have to fight for their spot at practice, they will show more hunger and willingness to improve.
Free Palestine
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#366 » by Asif16 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Nets fans def grew a lot of balls this summer, thats for sure.

We'll see how it plays out.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#367 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:40 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
BINGO

Fighting off hoards of NYK and BOS fans telling them their team is terrible is not easy.

You show me one post where a Nets fan is claiming Championship and I'll agree with you. Until then optimism should be at it's highest in the offseason. Not the first set of fans to overrate their team and most here seem as I see say mid to high 40's in wins 3-5 seed. Haven't seen anything outrageous like you claim.

I saw the word "stacked" throw out there which is about the strongest adjective I've seen. They are really deep if that is the point he was trying to make IDK.

All these Nets threads aren't even started by Net posters on here.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#368 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Stannis wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

Only minutes they might take away from are Frank, Knox, and Trier. And honestly, they had their time last year and showed little to no development. And really didn't look interested in general. Getting minutes doesn't mean you are going to develop.

I'm hoping this year, since they have to fight for their spot at practice, they will show more hunger and willingness to improve.

If you are giving up on guys like Knox and Trier that's exactly my point. Frank would the only one you should consider having on a short leach with but not Knox or Trier. Knox is only in year 2 and Trier I thought looked pretty good. Why not play them both more.

If not for Randle I'd want to start Knox and the 4 and def start Trier for his shooting next to two bad shooters in DSJ and Barrett. You need Trier's spacing.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,879

Post#369 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Image

You deadass came back again just last week. You and other Nets fans felt so insecure about what we said about you guys :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1893204&start=100

:lol: oh yeah, I did drop in again to talk ****. I stand corrected

:lol:

I still triggered yall so it's all good
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#370 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Asif16 wrote:Nets fans def grew a lot of balls this summer, thats for sure.

We'll see how it plays out.

I was talking **** waaaay before this summer my dude :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#371 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

Fighting off hoards of NYK and BOS fans telling them their team is terrible is not easy.

You show me one post where a Nets fan is claiming Championship and I'll agree with you. Until then optimism should be at it's highest in the offseason. Not the first set of fans to overrate their team and most here seem as I see say mid to high 40's in wins 3-5 seed. Haven't seen anything outrageous like you claim.

I saw the word "stacked" throw out there which is about the strongest adjective I've seen. They are really deep if that is the point he was trying to make IDK.

All these Nets threads aren't even started by Net posters on here.

Literally not one poster from the Nets forum started any of these Nets threads as of late, but it sure always ends up with Knick fans talking **** and then getting mad when Net fans start hitting back.

ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#372 » by ProspectPark » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
shtolky wrote:

"I thought about it, yeah, just a thought. But I didn't really do any full analysis on the Knicks," the 2013-14 NBA MVP and two-time NBA Finals MVP said.

So he says he'll never go there but also says he thought about it.

It's almost like KD contradicts himself and says things sometimes that don't make a ton of sense. This is the dumbest thread on the GB with a lot of dumb threads. I don't speak for all Knick fans, but many Knick fans are just fine and dandy with how things are going. It's taken what seems like 20 years for the team to finally make good, sound decisions. That's pretty much it.

You mean like surrounding your young talent with players like Marcus Morris and Bobby Portis? :lol:

:lol: what a free agency haul, right? jesus i feel bad for the fans of that team.

I don’t get how the same front office can say we don’t want Kyrie (a top 3 point guard, only 27 years old, just made All NBA 2nd Team) but then have no problem signing Bobby Portis who punched one of his teammates in Chicago...And Marcus Morris (who just hit someone in the face with a basketball for no reason during a pre-season game). :lol:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,926

Post#373 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:03 pm

People who are not from NYC cant speak on this. So miss me with all the shade. We dont fold bc our team has sucked. This ish run deep. Knicks will always be cool. The Nets dont exist to Knicks fans even if they are in Brooklyn.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#374 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:12 pm

NYKHardKnock wrote:
Paradise wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:This thread is gettin cringe worthy

Let’s make it less awkward.

And then there’s more:
Spoiler:
OMG IM IN THIS THREAD I MADE IT MOM

A Knick fan will never put in this much work to prove a point. Momma I made it :lol:
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#375 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 pm

F N 11 wrote:People who are not from NYC cant speak on this. So miss me with all the shade. We dont fold bc our team has sucked. This ish run deep. Knicks will always be cool. The Nets dont exist to Knicks fans even if they are in Brooklyn.

Your presence in this thread along the dozens of other Knicks fans who swarm every Nets related topic just proves otherwise. Sack up bro we aren't going anywhere.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#376 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:People who are not from NYC cant speak on this. So miss me with all the shade. We dont fold bc our team has sucked. This ish run deep. Knicks will always be cool. The Nets dont exist to Knicks fans even if they are in Brooklyn.

Your presence in this thread along the dozens of other Knicks fans who swarm every Nets related topic just proves otherwise. Sack up bro we aren't going anywhere.

Mets aint going anywhere either.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#377 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks have more wins than the nets the past decade, and the last time the nets were relevant was the early 2000's.

it became cool to be a net last february, but they went ahead and traded the guy that carried them to the playoffs.

in summary, durant is butthurt and has a fragile mind. new york media/social media will eat him alive.

actually 2014 when they had Kidd, KG, Pierce, D-Will, Iso Joe & AK-47.

lol but they were @ the time, they had high expectations. I know it doesnt look good now in hindsight but hey..
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#378 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:51 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

That's all the Nets need is carve out a little piece of the market, I'm not working for the Nets or care if they ever take over NY. IF you think Nets fans care about that you're mistaken. NY is easily big enough for 2 teams doesn't mean the Knicks will have the success that the Yankees do and the Nets will be as successful as the Mets. Mets get plenty of attention in NY even with the Yankees and the Nets will too.

Don't pretend like you don't care about the Nets though when you find your way into all their threads. Own up to it your nervous that KD and Kyrie just might live up to the hype and that's ok I'd be saying the same thing if they were in NY, I get it. To pretend like the Nets are not in the minds of NYK fans though, stop it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#379 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:00 pm

F N 11 wrote: Knicks will always be cool.

Literally a laughing stock nation wide, but hey whatever gets you up to watch them win 29 games this year.

F N 11
RealGM

Post#380 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

That's all the Nets need is carve out a little piece of the market, I'm not working for the Nets or care if they ever take over NY. IF you think Nets fans care about that you're mistaken. NY is easily big enough for 2 teams doesn't mean the Knicks will have the success that the Yankees do and the Nets will be as successful as the Mets. Mets get plenty of attention in NY even with the Yankees and the Nets will too.

Don't pretend like you don't care about the Nets though when you find your way into all their threads. Own up to it your nervous that KD and Kyrie just might live up to the hype and that's ok I'd be saying the same thing if they were in NY, I get it. To pretend like the Nets are not in the minds of NYK fans though, stop it.

Im only here bc its Knicks related. Not nervous and they are not on my mind. i am a fan of the dominant NY teams imo, Yankees, Knicks, Giants. Im use to being on the top side. I dont need to prove anything to the Nets, Jets, and Mets. they throw shade at knicks so why tf would I like them and their team? Now I really want them to do bad. This smack talk has back fired before for the Nets. The back and forth will make for some good games and press. Its not a good idea to talk smack until you see a healthy KD. Just my opinion.

Return to The General Board