KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,725

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#41 » by Drygon » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:17 pm

KD has been banned from Madison Square Garden by James Dolan now lol.

But seriously, he's 100% right.

If LeBron (who rejected Knicks in 2010) made the same comment, everyone would be on his side.

The Knicks have been a joke for decades.

NjtoBk201
Senior
And1: 558

Post#42 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:17 pm

some of you guys hate KD so much yet you hang-on to his every word

why dont yall just ignore the things he says
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#43 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:17 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
I think it's a good sign for the Knicks. Nets went from a Billy King laughing stock to a nice destination in a very short time period. Knicks continue developing the young players and improve they can become "cool" really quickly

We fired Billy King though you still have your problem owner.

The image of Dolan is the issue, but considering he doesn't do anything with the team anymore we are rolling with Perry. If Dolan was active we would have been trying to trade 10 picks & Mitch Robinson and Fizdales wife for AD so we can treadmill it again. (See Melo trade). Would be nice if Dolan never opened his mouth again though, even as I am happy he doesn't manage the team anymore. We are making much better decisions with him out of it.

He still has his right-hand man Steve Mills working for him after all of this failure. What does that tell you? They are still the same old Knicks. Nothing has changed. They just find new ways to fool the fans into believing that this time, it's different.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,518

Post#44 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:20 pm

picc wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks have more wins than the nets the past decade, and the last time the nets were relevant was the early 2000's.

it became cool to be a net last february, but they went ahead and traded the guy that carried them to the playoffs.

in summary, durant is butthurt and has a fragile mind. new york media/social media will eat him alive.

Just so you know, you come off much more butthurt than anyone here.

how?

becuase i'm saying it's a joke durant is saying it's cool to play in brooklyn when this started happening this year?

again it's one thing to say nets are run well top to bottom and have a better future, that's accurate and it's another to say the knicks the past 15-20 have been a joke, but brooklyn has been on the rise when it's total inaccurate.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NjtoBk201
Senior

Post#45 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:21 pm

WarriorGM wrote:I don't get why KD ends up burning bridges.

Because why keep the bridge to the Knixs intact ?

Remember they didnt want KD so should he care about them
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#46 » by Danny1616 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:22 pm

KD is not the highest IQ guy.

The key reason is the Knicks management.

It's not the "cool" thing.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#47 » by Kampuchea » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:28 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
kamaze wrote:

The image of Dolan is the issue, but considering he doesn't do anything with the team anymore we are rolling with Perry. If Dolan was active we would have been trying to trade 10 picks & Mitch Robinson and Fizdales wife for AD so we can treadmill it again. (See Melo trade). Would be nice if Dolan never opened his mouth again though, even as I am happy he doesn't manage the team anymore. We are making much better decisions with him out of it.

He still has his right-hand man Steve Mills working for him after all of this failure. What does that tell you? They are still the same old Knicks. Nothing has changed. They just find new ways to fool the fans into believing that this time, it's different.

Can't agree with that. We would have historically went and signed Hardaway, Noah and/or some other trash to lengthy deals. Or made some absurd offers for AD.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#48 » by Brofessor24 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:28 pm

Danny1616 wrote:KD is not the highest IQ guy.

It doesn't seem like he followed the Knicks when he was younger.

If he didn't root for the franchise when he was younger, it's not surprising to me that he still doesn't think highly of it nowadays.

IMO that is a perfectly valid reason.
Drygon
Veteran

Post#49 » by Drygon » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:32 pm

Brofessor24 wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:KD is not the highest IQ guy.

It doesn't seem like he followed the Knicks when he was younger.

If he didn't root for the franchise when he was younger, it's not surprising to me that he still doesn't think highly of it nowadays.

IMO that is a perfectly valid reason.

KD is just being honenst about what most people (especially from the younger generation) thinks about lolknicks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with KD's statement.

Vince Carter was still 4 years away from being born last time the Knicks won a 'ship.

If it wasn't for NYC and the Garden, they'd be the Charlotte Hornets.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,696

Post#50 » by WarriorGM » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:33 pm

NjtoBk201 wrote:

It's professional basketball. One moment you're on one team the next another. Who would have thought Rondo, Dwight Howard, Isaiah Thomas and Derrick Rose would become teammates with LeBron? Someday in the future the Knicks might be a tempting destination for KD. It's unwise for him to speak derogatorily about any possible future employer.
Drygon
Veteran

Post#51 » by Drygon » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:36 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:

It's professional basketball. One moment you're on one team the next another. Who would have though Rondo, Dwight Howard, Isaiah Thomas and Derrick Rose would become teammates with LeBron? Someday in the future the Knicks might be a tempting destination for KD. It's unwise for him to speak derogatorily about any possible future employer.

I mean, players who suffered an Achilles ruptured are out from NBA in 2 years.

And since KD has mentioned about retiring early, I doubt he goes to lolknicks.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,586

Post#52 » by MemphisX » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:38 pm

bisme37 wrote:I think I must be old because basing your professional career on being cool is kinda sad to me. Kids these days!

Are you in the entertainment industry? Most people base their career on doing something they love or money. He was going to be doing what he loves for a lot of money anywhere. So what else was he supposed to base it on? Family? Maybe. Outside interests? Most probable. Or maybe he wanted to play with his friends and Kyrie wanted to be close to home after his granddad died, so they went with Brooklyn.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
NjtoBk201
Senior

Post#53 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:39 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:

It's professional basketball. One moment you're on one team the next another. Who would have thought Rondo, Dwight Howard, Isaiah Thomas and Derrick Rose would become teammates with LeBron? Someday in the future the Knicks might be a tempting destination for KD. It's unwise for him to speak derogatorily about any possible future employer.

and if that day comes i am POSITIVE the Knix would accept KD with open arms...regardless of whatever venom he spits on their downtrodden franchise
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,648

Post#54 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:40 pm

The Knicks were tanking last year, and ended the season with the worst record in the NBA.

That's why we didn't any max free agents. They want to go to a winning situation. That's why KD and Kyrie went to Brooklyn, and that's why Chris Bosh and LeBron joined D-Wade in Miami.

I hate KD as much as anyone (not because he went to Brooklyn since I never wanted him on the Knicks) but there's some truth to what he's saying. The Knicks brand is a little stale and old-fashioned. But that's not the reason we didn't sign KD and Kyrie. Winning is.
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#55 » by ZemGOAT » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:40 pm

KD my favorite player now
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,922

Post#56 » by lakerz12 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:44 pm

KD has a point, but to be fair the Knicks are still more attractive than 80%+ of the league because of their location/market size.

They might be below the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, and maybe a couple others right now, but they will always be relevant because of where they are and their history.

They just need a new owner. And a new team culture. And then 1 superstar :D
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,118

Post#57 » by picc » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
picc wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks have more wins than the nets the past decade, and the last time the nets were relevant was the early 2000's.

it became cool to be a net last february, but they went ahead and traded the guy that carried them to the playoffs.

in summary, durant is butthurt and has a fragile mind. new york media/social media will eat him alive.

Just so you know, you come off much more butthurt than anyone here.

how?

becuase i'm saying it's a joke durant is saying it's cool to play in brooklyn when this started happening this year?

again it's one thing to say nets are run well top to bottom and have a better future, that's accurate and it's another to say the knicks the past 15-20 have been a joke, but brooklyn has been on the rise when it's total inaccurate.

I dont have a dog in the fight bro.

Just letting you know how you looking.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,648

Post#58 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:46 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
kamaze wrote:

That's just factually wrong, and I find it a little disingenuous to push this simplistic and attention-grabbing narrative.

The front office has committed publicly to building through the draft and to keeping their draft picks. That alone is a complete 180 in terms of team building and basketball philosophy. The Knicks finally tanked and got their highest draft pick since Patrick Ewing. They have possibly the youngest team in the NBA. They don't have bad contracts.

People can learn from their mistakes, and it appears that Steve Mills has. I hope you do too.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,869

Post#59 » by Jadoogar » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:46 pm

when was the last time the Knicks were relevant? Since 2001, they have made the playoffs 4 times and only won one series. Not much to brag about.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,518

Post#60 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:49 pm

Jadoogar wrote:

when was the last time the Knicks were relevant? Since 2001, they have made the playoffs 4 times and only won one series. Not much to brag about.

did you even hear what durant said?

he said the younger generation only remembers the knicks as the laughing stock, they don't remember them being good and that's why free agents don't want to go there but brooklyn is a cool team.

my point was the nets have sucked as much as the knicks, and the last time they were relevant was as long as the last time the knicks were relevant.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to The General Board