Tyler hero has 14 points in 11 minutes ...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Re: Tyler hero has 14 points in 11 minutes ... 

Post#41 » by clyde21 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:03 pm

Sign5 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
It doesn’t matter who. Spo is old school, a rookie is not going to have a huge role unless its playing defense.

lol there's no way Spo is gonna keep Drip on the bench, he's too good
You dont know Spo. Did the same thing to Beasley, Winslow and Bam to a lesser degree.

Beasley did had mental issues but i genuinely believe he could have been a lot better than he turned out if Spo didnt put him on heavy leash. Beasley would score 10 in a row then get benched for missing one defensive assignment. Sure they wanted to drill defense into his head but he constantly got out rhythm from benching. Winslow similar story of limited minutes and Bam (under Whiteside although Spo did favor Bam more tbh).I also remember It took him a while to fully utilize Whiteside. Spo is just very stubborn with new young players.

Bam played 20 mpg as a rook under Spo, and Herro is even more ready...i'll be surprised if Herro avgs less than 25mpg.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,625

Post#42 » by Sign5 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Sign5 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
lol there's no way Spo is gonna keep Drip on the bench, he's too good
You dont know Spo. Did the same thing to Beasley, Winslow and Bam to a lesser degree.

Beasley did had mental issues but i genuinely believe he could have been a lot better than he turned out if Spo didnt put him on heavy leash. Beasley would score 10 in a row then get benched for missing one defensive assignment. Sure they wanted to drill defense into his head but he constantly got out rhythm from benching. Winslow similar story of limited minutes and Bam (under Whiteside although Spo did favor Bam more tbh).I also remember It took him a while to fully utilize Whiteside. Spo is just very stubborn with new young players.

Bam played 20 mpg as a rook under Spo, and Herro is even more ready...i'll be surprised if Herro avgs less than 25mpg.
Mainly because Whiteside was injured a lot of that year and as i stated he actually favored Bam(his pnr D & passing ability). At the same hewas initially reluctant to play him MORE when it was clear Bam was Heat's C of the future. Herro will get good minutes but don't be surprised if its less than what they should be though.
arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#43 » by arh1109 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:07 pm

His shot looks nice, had one nice drive on Bellineli. He will probably get decent shot at getting minutes. Dragic is only getting older. He'll need some work at defense.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#44 » by Lalouie » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:09 pm

hansbrough?
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,181

Post#45 » by rate_ » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:08 pm

:o
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#46 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Lalouie wrote:hansbrough?

wat
Bright
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#47 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:15 pm

goodboy wrote:
Lalouie wrote:hansbrough?

wat

definitely the wrong thread.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,803

Post#48 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm

I don't agree with any idea that he wont play minutes. Yes, Beasley and Winslow saw irregular minutes but they both were quite reckless as rookies and really didn't understand what they could, and could not, do on the court. Bam was more NBA ready and understood his role. Herro is much more refined than Beasley or Winslow coming out, and there is one thing that is almost certain to translate, his shooting. Even if Spo doesn't want him creating his own shot, he will get minutes as a shooter who knows how to keep moving the ball.

25mpg is his floor IMO.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:41 pm

I would hope that Ty gets minutes if nothing else to give the Heat elements they don't readily have. Yes Jimmy will provide some ISO punch but there should be more than one playmaker in the lineup and Dragic looks to be nearing if not past his expiration date. They definitely need Ty's shooting in the lineup and he doesn't appear to be a guy adverse to moving the ball and repositioning for the better look which brings gravity in itself considering how good of a shooter he is off the catch and bounce. Only thing he needs to do is meet the Miami Heat standard for conditioning and defense. If he can do those things I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be afforded the minutes necessary to show off.

Sidenote: as much as I love watching Herro play, it saddens me as a Svi Mykhailiuk fan because this is EXACTLY what I envisioned from him.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
NjtoBk201
Senior
And1: 558

Post#50 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Heat4lyf wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Spo is the coach. Herro will only play limited minutes in the regular season. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

He will score 6 points in a row and then be benched for 20 minutes :lol:

is your coach Kenny Atkinson ?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 pm

NjtoBk201 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Spo is the coach. Herro will only play limited minutes in the regular season. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

that's interesting. I actually like what Kenny has done and think he's under the radar coaching wise. Are Nets fans not on the side of Atkinson?
Watch More Basketball

NjtoBk201
Senior

Post#52 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Marcus wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:

that's interesting. I actually like what Kenny has done and think he's under the radar coaching wise. Are Nets fans not on the side of Atkinson?

i'm not sure about REALGM but the Nets population on twitter hate Kennys rotations.

He regularly pulled guys with hot hands to stick to his minute allocation plan he sets....he will also leave someone on the court that is playing horridly(ie. Trevion Graham or Demarre Carrol) again to stick to his pre-determined minute plan....I feel like he directly coached us out of 3-5 wins last season
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,673

Post#53 » by dorkestra » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Herro reminds me a lot of Devin Booker.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#54 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:19 pm

NjtoBk201 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:

i'm not sure about REALGM but the Nets population on twitter hate Kennys rotations.

He regularly pulled guys with hot hands to stick to his minute allocation plan he sets....he will also leave someone on the court that is playing horridly(ie. Trevion Graham or Demarre Carrol) again to stick to his pre-determined minute plan....I feel like he directly coached us out of 3-5 wins last season

you think he's got the chops to handle star player/personalities the likes on Kyrie and KD?
Watch More Basketball

NjtoBk201
Senior

Post#55 » by NjtoBk201 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Marcus wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

you think he's got the chops to handle star player/personalities the likes on Kyrie and KD?

Sure....I think all the players respect his basketball mind

as a disciplinarian I think he is personable enough to maintain a healthy relationship with them but he is also not afraid to hold them accountable....a good balance in my opinion
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#56 » by Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 pm

NjtoBk201 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
NjtoBk201 wrote:

Sure....I think all the players respect his basketball mind

as a disciplinarian I think he is personable enough to maintain a healthy relationship with them but he is also not afraid to hold them accountable....a good balance in my opinion

good. i'm tuned in for it. like I said I like him as a coach. Hopefully he can handle that new level of burden and responsibility.
Watch More Basketball

yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,718

Post#57 » by yannisk » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 am

Bonnie TYLER- I Need a HERO

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#58 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Meh. Carsten Edwards just had 26 points in 5 minutes.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to The General Board