Spencer Dimwittie is being hustled by crypto conmen

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,293

Spencer Dimwittie is being hustled by crypto conmen 

Post#1 » by Black Jack » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 am

Just had to get this thread out here. It's sad watching a guy like Spencer Dimwiddie who has a contract to make like 30 freaking million dollars get conned by digital snake oil salesmen. He's ALREADY RICH. There's no need to sell investment. And the idea of fans buying digital shares of players' salaries is horrible.

Anyway why does he need the money upfront? What digital asset is there actually being generated? There's already a thing called futures, I'm sure if he wants to go to Goldman or whoever they will pay him up front some sort of futures contract for his future earnings. Crypto adds NOTHING to this other than the possibility of being robbed blind by someone who hacks your cellphone by phonejacking or hacking your PC.

The last thing players need is people with a financial incentive to bet against them. Think it through, if they financialize their revenue stream they will end up with a Soprano coming to break their leg to make sure their short on the guy's asset makes money. It's just a horrid idea. Plus, what is he going to put the money into after selling his crypto asset? You got it, 9/10 he's gonna plow it all into more cryptos :crazy:

I'm in silicon valley and no contrary to his twitter bio he's not a tech guy with a jumper. He's athlete #2,038,175 that's gonna lose money to shady business hustlers, in this case cryptocurrency conmen. the League tried to save him but he's apparently going to go ahead anyway. He doesn't have the technical credentials to be swimming in these waters with the sharks.

At this rate the guy is gonna get some sort of massive smackdown from the league. He's acting like an idiot - smells like A.B. to me to go ahead with the scheme after the NBA told him not tow.

I hope this thread gets his attention. Spencer. You are being a DIM WITTIE. Stop being a sucker dude.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Re: Spencer Dimwittie is being hustled by crypto conmen 

Post#2 » by Reeko » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:42 am

I'M OUT HERE MAKIN POWER MOVES!! YOU BROKE!
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#3 » by chitownsalesmen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 am

Imagine posting on realgm and unironically thinking an nba player will actually read your post.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,293

Post#4 » by Black Jack » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 am

chitownsalesmen wrote:Imagine posting on realgm and ironically thinking an nba player will actually read your post.

Actually I've seen info about NBA people reading RealGM. It's not some fever dream.

Either way...that's a trivial part of my post and there's zero chance even if the guy reads this thread that he'll change his mind. If you read Dimwidie's twitter feed it's clear he's totally brainwashed by whoever is hustling him and he's going to plow ahead with this hair-brained scheme until Silver is forced to step in and sanction him.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Saint_Killa
Rookie
And1: 2,005

Post#5 » by Saint_Killa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 am

Who is Dimwittie bruh, and why u overthinking about this so much lol...
Never stop believin
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#6 » by Lalouie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:32 am

basketball players are overpaid. they know it and they feel bad about it and yearn to spread their wealth. it's smart of the conmen to find someone who makes so much undeserved money that he don't care how he throws it away
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#7 » by Pennebaker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 am

Nah, he'll be fine.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,638

Post#8 » by C_Money » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:33 am

I feel like you have to have a business degree to even know WTF is going on with this story. I’ve never been more confused in my life.
HeartDonor
Rookie
And1: 3,765

Post#9 » by HeartDonor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:44 am

I like that he's being innovative. Better than he go broke buying shoes/cars/jewelry like the rest of em.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#10 » by Antinomy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:28 am

This whole thing has bad idea written all over it.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#11 » by Triple7 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 am

Dimwittie :lol:
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#12 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 am

Maybe he can get Kyrie to mentor him
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#13 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am

It’s a terrible idea and the NBA saved him from himself. And then someone with half a head probably explained the entire concept of cryptocurrency to him.
SWYM
Senior
And1: 828

Post#14 » by SWYM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 am

Bahahaha

The suckers buying tokens think they're getting an equity piece of the cash flows from his contract when in actuality you only got a shiny token.

That time you post a rant trying to save Spencer from himself when in reality he's conning everyone buying his tokens.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,379

Post#15 » by robbie84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 am

Has he released details yet?
It could be a great idea. Just because he's releasing a digital asset form of investing in him doesn't mean it's a crypto currency. Jesus some of you are ignorant.
This post reeks of someone who's been hustled themselves lol.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Post#16 » by magee » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Look. He’s set. He’s investing in the future for himself. How he spends his paycheck is the same way we all spend our paychecks: to make the best for ourselves and for others around us. If it works out, he paves the way. If no, he can say he tried and continue to be who he is.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#17 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Biting the hand that feeds you will end well, I'm sure.
I'll downgrade Dimwittie in my fantasy sports crypto pool.

For more details, see:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spencer-dinwiddie-announces-dream-fan-shares-platform-for-investing-in-athletes-300926182.html

NEW YORK, Sept. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- NBA athlete, legend, and philanthropist Spencer Dinwiddie today announced DREAM Fan Shares, his new and innovative investment platform. Launching this fall, DREAM Fan Shares will be a portal for suckers and fans who want to invest in the potential success of athletes and stars. DREAM Fan Shares will enable athletes, artists, and influencers still living with their parents to gain more control over their own financial futures by providing them with earlier access to capital.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#18 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah as soon as I saw the "breakdown" of this I couldnt stop laughing. This isn't going to work like he thinks it will.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#19 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:38 pm

So for someone who's smarter than me, in a perfect world Dinwiddie is making his contract essentially a stock, and I can buy into it with my crypto currency?

1. Why would I/how would I gain profit? (Thoroughly confused on that part)
2. Does his future salary go to pay the earnings?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#20 » by CelticsLV » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Crypto tokens is a dream come true for scammers. The buyers gain no ownership of anything and are not entitled to any kind of profits. The entity that issues those tokens also has no legal obligations to ever buy back those tokens. Penny stocks and startups are childs play compared to crypto tokens.

Return to The General Board