China and the NBA [day11]: Lebron weighs in on Morey's tweet

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Lebron speaks

Reasonable take. I have no problems with what he said.
11%
Wasn't that bad. We all are hypocrites and more or less put money above all else.
13%
Horrible take. Will have long lasting damages to his brand.
76%

Total votes: 272

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Re: China and the NBA [day11]: Lebron weighs in on Morey's tweet 

Post#681 » by Snakebites » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:28 am

Been a while since I felt the need to really dislike Lebron.

Man, this is like slipping on a nice warm sweater that I haven't worn in a long time.
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#682 » by L3GEND4RY » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:28 am

Sark wrote:Image

noooooooooo :lol:

Signature by freshcontrast
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#683 » by Clay Davis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:30 am

Pennebaker wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Carlos_Danger wrote:I tolerated the horse-**** political crap out of LeBron, Kerr, et al. because (1) I don't mix my politics with my entertainment, and (2) I gave the benefit of the doubt and just assumed they had good intentions and were merely among the many mislead and whipped up into furor/fear by our absurd partisan media. I saw it happen on my "side" of the spectrum when people were blubbering about President Obama being a secret Muslim communist usurper.

My NBA viewing habits won't change because I still won't mix my politics with my entertainment, but I really don't want to hear jack-**** out of LeBron or any other high profile NBA players and coaches about mean ol' Donald Trump or mean ol' bathroom laws because now I know for a fact they're gutless opportunists who feign courage and standing up for what's right in the face of mostly imagined/hysterical "oppression" WHEN IT'S EASY TO DO SO, but have shown completely opposite TRUE colors when faced with actual tyranny and authoritarianism.

LeBron James is free to do what's best for business. But spare me any further virtue signaling, because now I know you're a phony.

Lebron James and Donald Trump are both ignorant hypocrites.

I mean you have Lebron portraying himself as some social activist when in reality he only cares about his personal wealth and prestige and you have Trump openly praising totalitarian regimes like China, Saudi Arabia, and Russia, while at the same time attacking all major western democracies.

Well if you consider that there are 1.4 billion people in China who are currently being demonized around the world, then LeBron is still a social activist, and a brave one at that, because he's going against popular sentiment (i.e. China = evil).

But Americans feel threatened by China. We dont like that they're becoming a superpower. The strength of their military bothers us. We dont like that their system has been economically successful beyond anyone's wildest dreams. And we want to see them fail miserably. That's essentially where the public sentiment is coming from. But we dont actually care about the rights of people in Hong Kong. We want to see China fail because we fear them. We're insecure and trying to make it a moral issue. But we have no moral leg to stand on either.
Yes, I am so jealous of China with its concentration camps, ghost cities, 10k GDP per capita, and organ harvesting. Boo, you caught me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#684 » by 13th Man » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 am

MoneyMo wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

Gee I wonder why a black athlete would want to get involved in this :roll:

There's going to be goofs everywhere especially on message boards where they can remain anonymous. Even in real life, there will be goofs, just look at Antifa. Interestingly, a lot of first hand accounts from Hong Kong liken the protesters to Antifa-like rioters, a minority group of trouble-makers. I'm not a CCP apologist, just stating what I've been reading here and elsewhere. You have to take everything you see and read with a grain of salt, the tweet also called Lebron's comment fair so take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, the point is that you guys are putting stock into nothing of relevance. A-holes are everywhere especially on message boards in am time of turmoil, are you really that shocked and naïve to think that these guys represent the entire Hong Kong community?
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,581

Post#685 » by BloodNinja » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:35 am

Vader wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:Well if you consider that there are 1.4 billion people in China who are currently being demonized around the world, then LeBron is still a social activist, and a brave one at that, because he's going against popular sentiment (i.e. China = evil).

But Americans feel threatened by China. We dont like that they're becoming a superpower. The strength of their military bothers us. We dont like that their system has been economically successful beyond anyone's wildest dreams. And we want to see them fail miserably. That's essentially where the public sentiment is coming from. But we dont actually care about the rights of people in Hong Kong. We want to see China fail because we fear them. We're insecure and trying to make it a moral issue. But we have no moral leg to stand on either.

This is pure truth about white Americans, who destroyed millions of lives to get the oil or soil. LeBron did not follow the warmonger propaganda. He will be a true hero in history book. .

He did just that by aligning himself with China lol
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#686 » by Chandan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:42 am

rockmanslim wrote:Bill Plaschke pulling no punches.

yeah it's ridiculous that james thinks "waiting a week to tweet" was the solution. Here is a guy complaining about morey not thinking of others. Does he not see the hypocrisy?
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#687 » by Chandan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:50 am

13th Man wrote:
MoneyMo wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

Gee I wonder why a black athlete would want to get involved in this :roll:

There's going to be goofs everywhere especially on message boards where they can remain anonymous. Even in real life, there will be goofs, just look at Antifa. Interestingly, a lot of first hand accounts from Hong Kong liken the protesters to Antifa-like rioters, a minority group of trouble-makers. I'm not a CCP apologist, just stating what I've been reading here and elsewhere. You have to take everything you see and read with a grain of salt, the tweet also called Lebron's comment fair so take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, the point is that you guys are putting stock into nothing of relevance. A-holes are everywhere especially on message boards in am time of turmoil, are you really that shocked and naïve to think that these guys represent the entire Hong Kong community?

That is laughable. It goes to show you how much lengths the pro-bejing idiots would go to suppress the protests. Honestly it's condescending how much of an idiot does she think westerners are. Does she think picking out a few racist messages from a message board would distract people of the real issues and hand?
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#688 » by DaddyCool19 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:57 am

"If MLK had a sneaker deal, we still be on the back of the bus"

Dave was right
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#689 » by TwoStarz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:14 am

Chandan wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:Bill Plaschke pulling no punches.

yeah it's ridiculous that james thinks "waiting a week to tweet" was the solution. Here is a guy complaining about morey not thinking of others. Does he not see the hypocrisy?

Lebron has been a hypocrite his whole career...can’t believe people are just seeing this. Could tell from the start everything that comes out of this mans mouth reeks fake to me.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#690 » by Domejandro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:17 am

I am busy enjoying discussing the debate with friends and family right now, so I'll deal with reports later. This is over with, I've had enough; this thread is full of personal attacks, questionable commentary (a lot of it racial), and poor conduct.

Return to The General Board