Sixers two-way center Norvel Pelle has 5 blocks in the 4th quarter

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,890

Sixers two-way center Norvel Pelle has 5 blocks in the 4th quarter 

Post#1 » by miamiheat319 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:07 am

Read on Twitter

If this is more suited for the Sixers board, obviously feel free to move it. But I just thought it’s something cool to share. Definitely not a feat you see every day
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Re: Sixers two-way center Norvel Pelle has 5 blocks in the 4th quarter 

Post#2 » by fianchetto » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 am

good C depth on this team, and great quarter by Pelle. I'm excited for the sixers this year and personally have them in the finals if embiid can stay healthy and get home court in the ecf somehow
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by old skool » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:27 am

While it is better to play well in a preseason game than to play poorly, ...... it is preseason.

And then if it is the 4th quarter of a preseason game, it is the epitome of garbage time. Players that are on the roster bubble playing their hardest to make a team or impress their next potential employer, while vets forced to finish the game playing at about 50% speed.

Not a knock on anybody, but you can't tell much from the 4th quarter of a preseason game.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#4 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:27 am

Missed the game tonight, but that’s awesome. I had season tickets to the Blue Coats (our G League affiliate) last year and got a chance to see a lot of Pelle. Not a polished offensive player but can definitely be a serviceable backup big.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#5 » by Chris76 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Missed the game tonight, but that’s awesome. I had season tickets to the Blue Coats (our G League affiliate) last year and got a chance to see a lot of Pelle. Not a polished offensive player but can definitely be a serviceable backup big.

He is similar to Nerlens Noel.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,402

Post#6 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:47 am

old skool wrote:While it is better to play well in a preseason game than to play poorly, ...... it is preseason.

And then if it is the 4th quarter of a preseason game, it is the epitome of garbage time. Players that are on the roster bubble playing their hardest to make a team or impress their next potential employer, while vets forced to finish the game playing at about 50% speed.

Not a knock on anybody, but you can't tell much from the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

I guess you can't tell from dleague stats either because he blocked 3 shots a game in 23 minutes. Again, it's the dleague, so who knows if he can block a shot in the nba regular season.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,724

Post#7 » by HotelVitale » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:53 am

old skool wrote:While it is better to play well in a preseason game than to play poorly, ...... it is preseason. And then if it is the 4th quarter of a preseason game, it is the epitome of garbage time. Players that are on the roster bubble playing their hardest to make a team or impress their next potential employer, while vets forced to finish the game playing at about 50% speed. Not a knock on anybody, but you can't tell much from the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

Ya, bro, he's basically irrelevant to the team and no one's talking about how awesome he'll be. Watch the video, it's fun. That's the point here.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#8 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:35 am

Philly is all booked up on the roster, but for somebody like Atl...
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,930

Post#9 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:35 am

Good on him! Unfortunately the Sixers are riddled with center depth (2 all stars and O'Quinn) hopefully he can catch on as a 3rd stringer somewhere.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,629

Post#10 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 am

The bench’s reaction is hilarious
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,112

Post#11 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 am

old skool wrote:While it is better to play well in a preseason game than to play poorly, ...... it is preseason.

You sound fun.
SwingOnThis
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#12 » by SwingOnThis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Chris76 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Missed the game tonight, but that’s awesome. I had season tickets to the Blue Coats (our G League affiliate) last year and got a chance to see a lot of Pelle. Not a polished offensive player but can definitely be a serviceable backup big.

He is similar to Nerlens Noel.

Minus the being a complete *** part.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,573

Post#13 » by Shaka_Zulu » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:25 pm

miamiheat319 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is more suited for the Sixers board, obviously feel free to move it. But I just thought it’s something cool to share. Definitely not a feat you see every day
That 4th block was so amazing lol, real nuh huh Mutumbo type of complete shut down block.
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,195

Post#14 » by antonac » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:46 pm

his positioning was actually good, if it had been garbage time lunges then it would be absolutely pointless but at least you can say he was playing really good inside defense.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:52 pm

What’s the story with this guy? 26 years old. Didn’t appear to play college ball after being the 51st ranked player in his class. Where has he been?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#16 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Doesn't even surprise me with him. Even as a rookie and never playing an official game, he's probably one of the top shot blockers currently in the NBA. Issue he's going to have to work on to stick in the NBA is showing that he can be that same shot blocker without ramping up his already insane foul rate. Highly likely he's going to be on the opening day roster.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#17 » by LloydFree » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:Doesn't even surprise me with him. Even as a rookie and never playing an official game, he's probably one of the top shot blockers currently in the NBA. Issue he's going to have to work on to stick in the NBA is showing that he can be that same shot blocker without ramping up his already insane foul rate. Highly likely he's going to be on the opening day roster.

Naa. He's going to the G-league until at least December 15th. The 76ers have 14 guaranteed contracts, plus Trey Burke, with only 4 million in space before luxury tax. They're not cutting any guaranteed contracts before the deadline.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#18 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:13 pm

LloydFree wrote:[vine][/vine]
Bologna Smasher wrote:Doesn't even surprise me with him. Even as a rookie and never playing an official game, he's probably one of the top shot blockers currently in the NBA. Issue he's going to have to work on to stick in the NBA is showing that he can be that same shot blocker without ramping up his already insane foul rate. Highly likely he's going to be on the opening day roster.

Naa. He's going to the G-league until at least December 15th. The 76ers have 14 guaranteed contracts, plus Trey Burke, with only 4 million in space before luxury tax. They're not cutting any guaranteed contracts before the deadline.

He's on a two-way deal. Teams can up to 15 regular contracts and two two-way guys.

Return to The General Board