Predict the worst six teams in the league

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,440

Re: Predict the worst six teams in the league 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Lalouie wrote:phx
chi
cha
cavs
nyk
mem

take the 6 worst last year and ask if any other team will drop that far, or did any of the 6 add a superstar to get a bump.
the bulls, knicks, phx, and cavs were SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE than the other teams

I'll be surprised if the Bulls are. I wouldn't be that surprised if they compete for the 8th seed. They have decent talent and guard depth. I think Satoransky, LaVine, Porter, Markkanen and Carter is a nice lineup and then they have Thaddeus Young. It might depend on how good their young depth is with Dunn, Coby White, Gafford, Kornet, etc.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#42 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
You can tell who actually watches/studies the Miami Heat by reading some of these posts. We just beat the Hawks by more than 20+ points without a few of our key players and now they're better than us :crazy:?

Wow. You won a preseason game by 20+? That’s some pretty impressive stuff. Seems like Miami is heading for 60 wins and an EC title this season based on that ......

So we should ignore all preseason data? .

Correct. Now you can finally get somewhere.

Players and coaches aren’t trying to win games, not even remotely trying. Veteran players aren’t doing anything except trying not to get hurt while they play token minutes or don’t play at all. Teams are playing 3rd stringers, Rookies, D league players and players who won’t even make the team for most of the 2nd half and by this point in the preseason, entire games. And that last group is the only players who actually try because they have something at stake. But that’s also the same group of players who won’t be playing much when the real games start.

Using an argument like ‘your team is 0-3 in preseason’ might be the dumbest debate point a person could use. Please don’t do it again, it only makes you look foolish.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,358

Post#43 » by HoopsterJones » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 pm

melo4three wrote:knicks will be closer to best six than worst six teams

So you’re predicting the Knicks make the playoffs?
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#44 » by babyjax13 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
You can tell who actually watches/studies the Miami Heat by reading some of these posts. We just beat the Hawks by more than 20+ points without a few of our key players and now they're better than us :crazy:?

Wow. You won a preseason game by 20+? That’s some pretty impressive stuff. Seems like Miami is heading for 60 wins and an EC title this season based on that ......

So we should ignore all preseason data? The Hawks who've looked awful in preseason and were awful last year are all of a sudden going to become better than the Heat with the addition of Reddish who looks like an early bust candidate and DeAndre Hunter.

The Jazz are 0-3 in preseason and have also been blown out multiple times. I'm not worried about Atlanta, I think they will be competitive with if not better than all the teams I named.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#45 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:02 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

So we should ignore all preseason data? The Hawks who've looked awful in preseason and were awful last year are all of a sudden going to become better than the Heat with the addition of Reddish who looks like an early bust candidate and DeAndre Hunter.

The Jazz are 0-3 in preseason and have also been blown out multiple times. I'm not worried about Atlanta, I think they will be competitive with if not better than all the teams I named.

I never said that all preseason data is accurate.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#46 » by Lalouie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:02 pm

is this a question of record or just the eyeball test?
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:18 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

So we should ignore all preseason data? .

Correct. Now you can finally get somewhere.

Players and coaches aren’t trying to win games, not even remotely trying. Veteran players aren’t doing anything except trying not to get hurt while they play token minutes or don’t play at all. Teams are playing 3rd stringers, Rookies, D league players and players who won’t even make the team for most of the 2nd half and by this point in the preseason, entire games. And that last group is the only players who actually try because they have something at stake. But that’s also the same group of players who won’t be playing much when the real games start.

Using an argument like ‘your team is 0-3 in preseason’ might be the dumbest debate point a person could use. Please don’t do it again, it only makes you look foolish.

So you're telling me that preseason victories are 100% random? The Bucks and 76ers being 4-0 in preseason has nothing to do with them being good teams? I guess that it's also pure coincidence that the Cavaliers, Bulls and Hornets who figure to be bad teams this season are also bad this preseason. Players and coaches are trying to win games while testing out lineups and evaluating. Coaches would rather win than lose in preseason so what are you talking about? I can tell you right now that my team isn't playing 3rd stringers more than 50% of the time. The ROTY odds makers must be really stupid for adjusting odds based on preseason play. Again, I'm not saying that preseason is a great barometer for the regular season but are you seriously going to sit there and say that one of last season's worst teams who's now losing games by a LEAGUE WORST AVERAGE of -22.0 is going to make the playoffs?
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#48 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:24 pm

So.....Do we have a consensus on who the worst are?
I see several of the same teams, but who can we ALL agree are top 3? Or should I say worse 3.

Edit: Looks like
Cavs
Griz
Hornets

Not in that order, but top 3.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,469

Post#49 » by Ball4life32 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Crives wrote:I don’t know how you put the hawks over the suns... I get it LOL suns... but they really overhauled their roster and are moving the culture in the right direction with a Monty/Jones

I feel the Suns are much deeper, If I ranked the top 12 players between both team...

1. Booker
2. Trae/Ayton
3. Collins
4. Rubio
5. Bridges
6. Oubre
7. Saric
8. Huerter
9. Baynes
10. Tyler Johnson
11. Frank Kaminsky
12. Parker

Not including the 4 rookies.. who knows where they end up...

I mean the Suns haven’t cracked 24 wins in 3 years under Booker. Hawks 29 wins last year and finished the season 20-27 (and were tanking) with a rookie backcourt and 2nd year PF. I like Suns FA pickups better but wouldn’t be shocked either way who had more wins. Disagree with the list as well....Huerter made 2nd team all rookie over Bridges & is 2 years younger but somehow way lower.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#50 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:You can tell who actually watches/studies the Miami Heat by reading some of these posts. We just beat the Hawks by more than 20+ points without a few of our key players and now they're better than us :crazy:?

In fairness though .. preseason, right?

You're 0-3 in preseason and got blown out multiple times. It's only preseason but lets not pretend that the Hawks are now a playoff team.

I said that? Weird.

Wait, what's that sound? Sounds like goal post moving.

:roll:
king01 :king:
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:42 pm

kg01 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
In fairness though .. preseason, right?

You're 0-3 in preseason and got blown out multiple times. It's only preseason but lets not pretend that the Hawks are now a playoff team.

I said that? Weird.

Well, you said "In fairness though .. preseason, right?". That indicates that you disagree with my opinion which is that preseason does matter. Nice try, though.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#52 » by JXL » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Washington, Charlotte, Cleveland, Phoenix, Memphis, and a toss-up with Knicks/T-Pups/Bulls, so I'll go Knicks, although I feel they'll be better than the Bulls.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#53 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Washington, Cleveland, Knicks, Pistons, Suns and Timberwolves or Griz
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
kg01
General Manager

Post#54 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

I said that? Weird.

Well, you said "In fairness though .. preseason, right?". That indicates that you disagree with my opinion which is that preseason does matter. Nice try, though.

So, in fairness, you believe Carsen Edwards will win the MVP this year then?

:)
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 pm

kg01 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
I said that? Weird.

No.
kg01
General Manager

Post#56 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

No.

But ... preseason highlights, bro.

:wink:
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#57 » by BVB24 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Cavs, Knicks, Hornets, Suns, Grizzlies, Wizards
PG24
Junior
And1: 252

Post#58 » by PG24 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Bet on yourself and believe in yourself if everybody doesn't believe in you. F--k everybody else. What do they know? If you have a passion and you want to put the work into something, then chase it. If it means something to you, chase it.

- Kevin Garnett
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#59 » by JXL » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:Washington, Cleveland, Knicks, Pistons, Suns and Timberwolves or Griz

I think the Pistons are closer to the 8th seed than the 6th worst.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#60 » by Raps1103 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 pm

melo4three wrote:knicks will be closer to best six than worst six teams

I don’t get this joke!? Is it funny just to assert nonsense that everyone knows is false?

Lemme try...
Melo will win MVP this year ... was that funny too ?

Return to The General Board