Kendrick Perkins: “Players I talk to Never Say Anything Good About Rick Carlisle “

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Re: Kendrick Perkins: “Players I talk to Never Say Anything Good About Rick Carlisle “ 

Post#81 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:36 pm

A head coaches job isn't to be liked, he needs to be respected.
Why so serious?
ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Re: Kendrick Perkins: “Players I talk to Never Say Anything Good About Rick Carlisle “ 

Post#82 » by ZB9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Rondo lol
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,219

Post#83 » by Archerbro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Pan Jia Yuan wrote:Given that the jury's still out on the Porzingis trade Cuban's FO basically made only one good decision in the past 8 years (drafting Luka), and that's not an exaggeration.
What exactly can you achieve with the likes of Have it all Ellis and Pothead Mayo?

I'll say this much: It would be very interesting to see what Carlisle is capable of with an actual contender.

But: Cuban and his FO have done crap since breaking up a championship roster the moment they won it all. That's btw the reason why Carlisle is still their head coach. Because they know they ****ed up.

Ellis was actually a pretty good move by Dallas.

It's always hard to give the credit here whether to the coach or Monta, but Carlisle used him correctly to make him look like an all star (borderline one).
That 14 team by Dallas was so sneaky good. 15 just got derailed by the rondo trade and eventually Monta ended up being an issue too; i still wonder if Rondo was to blame for Monta at the end there. Monta was great before he arrived.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#84 » by NY 567 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Kendrick Perkins? What, was Ryan Hollins not available or something? Who gives a ****
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#85 » by GrindCityHustle » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 pm

This is still more a result of Cubans fault of creating a toxic culture more than Carlisle at the end of the day. He got that championship and thought he was now God by proxy. To top it off he didn't even want to pay the players who got him there their fair market value. Cuban probably keeps Carlisle around because he doesn't challenge him and Carlisle just wants job security. That's probably the real take.

I like what Dallas is doing now. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#86 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Kenrick is such a snitch lol i love it.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#87 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Archerbro wrote:Ellis was actually a pretty good move by Dallas.

It's always hard to give the credit here whether to the coach or Monta, but Carlisle used him correctly to make him look like an all star (borderline one).
That 14 team by Dallas was so sneaky good. 15 just got derailed by the rondo trade and eventually Monta ended up being an issue too; i still wonder if Rondo was to blame for Monta at the end there. Monta was great before he arrived.

I love me some Monta, I really do. But if that's all you got in 8 years after winning a 'ship, 8 years without winning a single playoff series, then we need to sit down and talk.

Means: the problem is obvious here, and it has nothing to do with Carlisle, it's all about the FO.
An FO that benefitted greatly from the most loyal superstar in sports history but wasn't able to make any good decisions on its own in almost decade.

Some ppl incl. me are probably surprised that Carlisle put up with this crap for so long. There must've been some other interesting offers along the way.
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#88 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:23 pm

Altering my language a bit, but piss off Perkins. This screams Rajon "I quit on the Mavs in the middle of the playoffs" Rondo propaganda.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Re: Kendrick Perkins: “Player I talk to Never Say Anything Good About Rick Carlisle “ 

Post#89 » by dan-man » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Carlisle is a sacred cow. People are afraid to say anything negative about him. Meanwhile, he's on the road to a likely 4th straight sub 35 win season.

Maybe five years ago he was seen as arguably the second best coach in the league.

He’s definitely been exposed since.

Exposed, by under achieving w/all that talent? :cry:
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#90 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 pm

That is because modern NBA players don't want to be coached. They just want to team up with their buddies and win championships with overwhelming talent
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Re: Kendrick Perkins: “Player I talk to Never Say Anything Good About Rick Carlisle “ 

Post#91 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Carlisle is a sacred cow. People are afraid to say anything negative about him. Meanwhile, he's on the road to a likely 4th straight sub 35 win season.

Maybe five years ago he was seen as arguably the second best coach in the league.

He’s definitely been exposed since.

Nope. He'd only be "exposed" if they failed to meet the expectations of those rosters each season. Not the case.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,474

Post#92 » by DaPessimist » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:44 pm

Coaches and players don't need to be buddies. In fact, if your players really like you, you're probably not a great coach.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,457

Post#93 » by Swish1906 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 am

GrindCityHustle wrote:This is still more a result of Cubans fault of creating a toxic culture more than Carlisle at the end of the day.

What toxic culture and why it would influence the performance of the players?
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,083

Post#94 » by MrGoat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:52 am

Perkins is a clown and obviously biased here, but there may be something to the idea that Carlisle's reputation among players isn't that great. There are smaller markets that have had better success than Dallas at attracting free agents over the last few years. Maybe some of that is because of Carlisle's reputation

I don't think anyone sane blames anyone but Rondo for the way that ended. But he's not the only player who has wanted out of Dallas. Nerlens Noel turned down a 70M offer to stay in Dallas and signed his QO, horrible business decision on his part but I'm sure he's another player who has nothing but bad things to say about Dallas.

The one that really bothers me is what happened with Dennis Smith Jr. though. DSJ asked for a trade about 4 games before he was included in the Porzingis trade. From the outside people were assuming that DSJ didn't like losing touches to Luka, but having carefully watched it unfold I can tell you that's actually not what happened. Matthews, Barnes, and Jordan were all in contract years. Matthews and Barnes were taking more shots and overall hogging the ball more than they should have been, directly at Dennis' expense. DeAndre played some of the laziest defense I've ever seen that season and only cared about padding his rebounding stats. Rick let it keep happening, and he seemed to have a different standard for the older veteran players and Dennis had the tightest leash. If I was Smith's agent I would have told him to request a trade just like he did. This offseason DSJ showed up in Dallas to Dirk's charity baseball game which surprised some people, he said he's still good friends with all of his former teammates still on the Mavs. Didn't hear him say anything nice about Rick though
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,296

Post#95 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 am

Isn't Perk one of Rondo's best friends? What a clown.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,457

Post#96 » by Swish1906 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:26 am

MrGoat wrote:. But he's not the only player who has wanted out of Dallas. Nerlens Noel turned down a 70M offer to stay in Dallas and signed his QO, horrible business decision on his part but I'm sure he's another player who has nothing but bad things to say about Dallas.

lol. Thats a quote from his mother:

"He told me two weeks ago he's willing to sign for four years with Dallas, but they're not giving him much money for four years," Dorcina said. "He told me he was asking for about $22 million a year, but Dallas refused to give it to him.

"He told me, 'If Dallas gives me $20 million, I'm going to be there because they love me there. I said, 'Yeah, I love it there, too.'"

Yeah sure he has nothing but bad things to say about Dallas now after HE turned down a great offer with the entire league shaking his head why he wanted more. Seriously, the biggest thing he is regretting is NOT playing in Dallas right now...

The one that really bothers me is what happened with Dennis Smith Jr. though. DSJ asked for a trade about 4 games before he was included in the Porzingis trade. From the outside people were assuming that DSJ didn't like losing touches to Luka, but having carefully watched it unfold I can tell you that's actually not what happened. Matthews, Barnes, and Jordan were all in contract years. Matthews and Barnes were taking more shots and overall hogging the ball more than they should have been, directly at Dennis' expense. DeAndre played some of the laziest defense I've ever seen that season and only cared about padding his rebounding stats. Rick let it keep happening, and he seemed to have a different standard for the older veteran players and Dennis had the tightest leash. If I was Smith's agent I would have told him to request a trade just like he did. This offseason DSJ showed up in Dallas to Dirk's charity baseball game which surprised from people, he said he's still good friends with all of his former teammates still on the Mavs. Didn't hear him say anything nice about Rick though

Carlisle benches guards if they dont play the right way and cant run the offense. DSJ had all the freedom in year one, Rick gave him a LOT of freedom as rookie. In his 2nd year he kept sucking in running the offense, even when Rick gave him the ball all the time and let Luka play off the ball. They also saw that Brunson gets the job done and that Luka is the future ballhandling superstar. So the Mavs saw that DSJ has no future with the team and DSJ saw that he wont have one in the role he plans for himself (the leading scoring guard). Rick was all season long praising DSJ for improved defense and improved off the ball skills but he still wanted out.

So yeah, its of course all on Rick. After the trade the Mavs backcourt included two rookies with Luka and Brunson. So its not evil Rick giving rookies a hard time and not trusting them in general
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,378

Post#97 » by durden_tyler » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 am

Swish1906 wrote:Perkins is an attention seeking Idiot

Rondo is an Idiot

Rondo and Perkins are friends.

i like this take better. Why are we still listening to Perkins?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#98 » by grindtime22 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 am

When Perkins talks, you have to realize where it is coming from. It is usually pretty easy to see where and who his "sources" are. KD, Lebron, Rondo..... it usually isn't very hard to figure it out. It is pretty easy to see the line to Perkins on this one.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#99 » by Air Apparent » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:52 am

the only person that likes perkins is kevin durant, call him his "vet", and we all hate kevin durant, so we all hate you too perk
basketball is a team sport
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#100 » by Indomitable » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:36 am

Hindenburg wrote:Not even sure how Perk keeps getting these tv gigs. He's horrible. He's got a vocabulary and public speaking skills of a 3rd grader. Feels like they bring him in for hot takes only.

Hey, stop insulting 3rd graders.
:banghead:

Return to The General Board