Kings Offer Buddy Hield 4-yr/$92M Contract Extension; He Wants 4-yr/$110M

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Buddy Love sign the extension?

Yes, he’ll give in and sign it
23%
No, he’ll wait and become an UFA next Summer
77%

Total votes: 125

gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Re: Kings Offer Buddy Hield 4-yr/$92M Contract Extension; He Wants 4-yr/$110M 

Post#61 » by gorz » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:06 am

Harry Garris wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I think that's low for Hield he's the 3rd or 4th best shooter in the league behind Klay, Steph and KD depending how you rank Hield vs KD.

I think 4 years at $105 is more close, Kings shouldn't be cheap or else they might lose Hield for nothing.

Yeah he's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. The problem is he's not really that great at anything else. He at least so far has been much more of a very solid complimentary player than a star, and in my opinion, paying non-stars max money is almost always a huge mistake. Kings shouldn't go any higher than their original offer.

Hes better than jamal murray so yes he worth every bit of that money and more.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#62 » by DrWood » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 am

Hield SHOULD not only go for the money, but go to a team that isn't as dysfunctional as the Kings.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#63 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:31 am

DrWood wrote:Hield SHOULD not only go for the money, but go to a team that isn't as dysfunctional as the Kings.

How has the Kings been dysfunctional over the past couple years? They seem to be a pretty stable and well run team since getting rid of Cousins.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#64 » by DrWood » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:34 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
DrWood wrote:Hield SHOULD not only go for the money, but go to a team that isn't as dysfunctional as the Kings.

How has the Kings been dysfunctional over the past couple years? They seem to be a pretty stable and well run team since getting rid of Cousins.

Getting lucky on some draft picks doesn't make them stable.
They had planned to play Hield off the bench to open last season, and he only got his chance because of injuries. If I were him, I'd get as far away as I could.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Post#65 » by pillwenney » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:40 am

Gotta love RealGM. If some of you guys GMed a team, it would have 0 players on it, because you'd lowball everybody and then let everybody walk.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#66 » by Pinkyring » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:46 am

pillwenney wrote:Gotta love RealGM. If some of you guys GMed a team, it would have 0 players on it, because you'd lowball everybody and then let everybody walk.

Its not about letting everybody walk but there are few players that truly move the needle and those are guys that deserve a max, everybody else it's better to trade than to have an overpaid roster of non all stars. Why would a team use 25% of their cap on buddy, it doesnt make sense.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,492

Post#67 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:29 am

pillwenney wrote:Gotta love RealGM. If some of you guys GMed a team, it would have 0 players on it, because you'd lowball everybody and then let everybody walk.
Hield has one good year and refuses to go lower than a max contract but ok
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,492

Post#68 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:31 am

DrWood wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Getting lucky on some draft picks doesn't make them stable.
They had planned to play Hield off the bench to open last season, and he only got his chance because of injuries. If I were him, I'd get as far away as I could.
They were going to bring him off the bench because he struggled when he started. BB was much better and Hield only started because of BB being injured
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#69 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:32 am

TheProfessor wrote:Yeah sac screwed up there cap structure, how can you Hield only 2 more million than barnes. Thats insulting. Honestly 110m is a steal because some dumb team will throw 130 at him. Probably the knicks.

He can play PF?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#70 » by sackings916 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:35 am

Pinkyring wrote:

Its not about letting everybody walk but there are few players that truly move the needle and those are guys that deserve a max, everybody else it's better to trade than to have an overpaid roster of non all stars. Why would a team use 25% of their cap on buddy, it doesnt make sense.

To think the only guys that should get max deals are the “few who truly move the needle” is just not realistic with the current market and how teams are built.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#71 » by Pinkyring » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:10 am

sackings916 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

To think the only guys that should get max deals are the “few who truly move the needle” is just not realistic with the current market and how teams are built.

Thats fine, take a look at the look at the teams that are paying borderline all stars max money and see how far they've went, id rather split 25m mil between a joes harris and another solid role player than give it to a buddy hield who will never be a perennial all star. Ive never understood why the Andrew Wiggins and john walls of the world donr just get traded, why pay them? The clippers are a great example, they got damn good value for moving a low tier all star like tobias harris instead of overpaying him. More teams should do that
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#72 » by Sulico » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:13 am

Let him go, let him go
He worth 16 per and not a cent more
Let him go, let him go
Can't do anything but stretch the floor
On defense shooting guards should play
Buddy can't do thaaat
And it's not like he pass the ball anyway.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#73 » by DaddyCool19 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:50 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Hield has one good year and refuses to go lower than a max contract but ok

The 4 year max from a non Sacramento team is 124M if the cap goes up as projected.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#74 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:06 am

Wow, from these latest comments by Hield it sounds like the negotiations have permanently taken a turn for the worst. The way shooters are getting paid, if Khris Middleton gets 5/$170M there’s no way Buddy shouldn’t get at least $25M per year . Vlade is being stingy here

Read on Twitter
?s=21

There are a lot of NBA owners who would have cashed this dude out even after just 1 good season . If I’m Buddy I might have to find my way to a team willing to pay me - this could be his last big contract .

Iirc Hield donates a lot of money helping to fix up his community back in the Bahamas. Generally speaking, guys who had his kind of upbringing are not gonna play around when it comes to securing their bag.. no sir
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#75 » by Gooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:36 am

Harry Garris wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I think that's low for Hield he's the 3rd or 4th best shooter in the league behind Klay, Steph and KD depending how you rank Hield vs KD.

I think 4 years at $105 is more close, Kings shouldn't be cheap or else they might lose Hield for nothing.

Yeah he's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. The problem is he's not really that great at anything else. He at least so far has been much more of a very solid complimentary player than a star, and in my opinion, paying non-stars max money is almost always a huge mistake. Kings shouldn't go any higher than their original offer.

Yeah, but he is so good as a 3 point shooter that he has a lot of gravity on offense, and it opens op so much space for others. You look at guys like Kyle Korver and JJ Redick, and they put so much fear into opponents. Buddy can do the same, and he is more complete than both those guys.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#76 » by Gooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 am

Illmatic12 wrote:Wow, from these latest comments by Hield it sounds like the negotiations have permanently taken a turn for the worst. The way shooters are getting paid, if Khris Middleton gets 5/$170M there’s no way Buddy shouldn’t get at least $25M per year . Vlade is being stingy here

Read on Twitter
?s=21

There are a lot of NBA owners who would have cashed this dude out even after just 1 good season . If I’m Buddy I might have to find my way to a team willing to pay me - this could be his last big contract .

Iirc Hield donates a lot of money helping to fix up his community back in the Bahamas. Generally speaking, guys who had his kind of upbringing are not gonna play around when it comes to securing their bag.. no sir

As soon as there appears to be a little hope, Kings have to mess it up. It must be frustrating to be their fan.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#77 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:45 am

People with the reason comparing Hield with 85/4 overpaid Barnes, and why Buddy is worth around 110/4 if his numbers from 2018-19 season are for real.

But I don't get why so many posters comparing Hield case with Denver Nuggets Jamal Murray? OK, they belong to the same rookie class, and that is all. You can't compare 26 old players with a 21y old prospects case just comparing their numbers. Jamal Murray is 170/5 max worthy talent with reasonable projected notable improvement and better consistency than last season already since his first max contract year (since 2020-21 season).
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#78 » by Indomitable » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:50 am

HoopsterJones wrote:I wonder if Nerlens Noel has any advice for these guys who aren’t franchise players betting on themselves.

Yeah actually have an NBA skill. He does unlike Noel.
:banghead:
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#79 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am

THE J0KER wrote:People with the reason comparing Hield with 85/4 overpaid Barnes, and why Buddy is worth around 110/4 if his numbers from 2018-19 season are for real.

But I don't get why so many posters comparing Hield case with Denver Nuggets Jamal Murray? OK, they belong to the same rookie class, and that is all. You can't compare 26 old players with a 21y old prospects case just comparing their numbers. Jamal Murray is 170/5 max worthy talent with reasonable projected notable improvement and better consistency than last season already since his first max contract year (since 2020-21 season).

Khris Middleton is 28yo and just got 5 yrs/$170M.
Tobias Harris is 27yo and got 5/170M

Hield’s agent could easily argue that there is at least one team out there who would pay him that number or just below.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#80 » by Indomitable » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:55 am

Pinkyring wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Yea he aint worth it, i dont even understand why teams attempt to hand out these deals, hield really isn't better than seth curry as they're both 3 point shooters, hield is younger for now but I'd much rather pay seth 8 than hield 25

There have been some dumb takes on this board and then there is this comment. Isn’t better than Seth curry? Lmao wow

What exactly is he better at? Do tell. He has a higher rebound percentage because he's taller

He is a better shooter with volume, better rebounder, and possess more upside on defense. On top of being younger.
:banghead:

Return to The General Board