Wall out for entire 2019-2020 season

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: Wall out for entire 2019-2020 season 

Post#21 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Looks like Wall needs the entire season to fully recover from his ruptured Achilles.

Good news is he's not putting any additional wear and tear on his body, and at age 29, is still young.

Do you think John Wall (when ready) will return to all-star form in the NBA?

I'm not sure he should have been an all star before.

:-?

He hasn't been an all star quality player for the past 2 seasons, hell I don't think he's been objectively good in the past 2 seasons. Albeit, a lot of that is due he's been playing on a bum achilles for the past 2 seasons.

They key moving forward is, does he play like he has the past 2 seasons once he comes back...or worse... I have a hard time believing he will have elite speed or quickness... and it isn't like he has a reliable jumper to rely on like Durant... His 40 mil a year contact is gonna have 25-28 mil a year of dead weight if he's only as good as he's been the last two seasons.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#22 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:John Wall hasn’t been ruled out for the season. There’s already talk that he could return by All-Star break

His injury is not as severe as initially reported either. In case people don’t know, he didn’t rupture his Achilles all the way like what happened to KD/Boogie. It was only a partial tear, and it wasn’t on his dominant (right) foot

If Wall has injured his left Achilles he’d be done for, but he almost always explodes off of his right which is going to be a saving grace.

What happened to the DPE that the Wizards applied for in July? I can't find if the league approved or denied it.

They haven’t given a ruling yet. Prob means the NBAs independent doctors who examined Wall feel like he may come back this season.

My guess, the league doesnt want the Wizards playing possum and pretending Wall has been ruled out just so they can get a free exception. So they’re monitoring the situation more closely bc it looks suspicious to them

Wall has been back working out and doing basketball drills since Vegas summer league, even with conservative estimates he doesn’t look like someone who’s going to be out all season:

Thanks.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#23 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:01 pm

nuposse04 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I'm not sure he should have been an all star before.

He hasn't been an all star quality player for the past 2 seasons, hell I don't think he's been objectively good in the past 2 seasons. Albeit, a lot of that is due he's been playing on a bum achilles for the past 2 seasons.

They key moving forward is, does he play like he has the past 2 seasons once he comes back...or worse... I have a hard time believing he will have elite speed or quickness... and it isn't like he has a reliable jumper to rely on like Durant... His 40 mil a year contact is gonna have 25-28 mil a year of dead weight if he's only as good as he's been the last two seasons.

Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying but the person I quoted said "he wasn't sure Wall should have been an all-star before".

To me he was saying Wall NEVER should have been an all-star. Period
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#24 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:

Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying but the person I quoted said "he wasn't sure Wall should have been an all-star before".

My exact words were I"m not sure.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#25 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:

Out of curiosity, why aren't you sure?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#26 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying but the person I quoted said "he wasn't sure Wall should have been an all-star before".

I've never been a fan of his game, and the massive stats never seemed to make the team better. Watching him go out with injury and the team win more games with some guy most didn't hear of at PG kind of backed my thoughts up. I can't prove this statistically more than an opinion from granted, a smaller sample size of games watched to feel strongly enough about it to say "he shouldn't have been one in the first place".
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#27 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:My exact words were I"m not sure.

I've never been a fan of his game, and the massive stats never seemed to make the team better. Watching him go out with injury and the team win more games with some guy most didn't hear of at PG kind of backed my thoughts up. I can't prove this statistically more than an opinion from granted, a smaller sample size of games watched to feel strongly enough about it to say "he shouldn't have been one in the first place".

If you're basing this on a limited sample size, then yeah, I can see why you might have that opinion.

The Wiz are definitely better with Wall on the floor.

A healthy Wall that is.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#28 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:07 pm

I think he'll finish out his contract on a roster.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#29 » by shangrila » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 am

The High Cyde wrote:No, I don't think he'll return to all-star form. That's the worst injury you can have in this sport, and for a point guard that's basically a death sentence. We'll see, it'll be tougher for him since he was never a good shooter in the first place though.

I'd add that it's worse for him given his reliance on his speed/athleticism. He was never going to age gracefully like Chris Paul has to begin with and this injury will only bring forward his decline.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#30 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 am

jirrit wrote:Wow, I really don't get why Beal would resign knowning theyre tied to John Wall whose peak is 100% over.

Maybe he just wanted to lock up that amount of money.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to The General Board