KAT: Don't sleep on the Wolves; Perk: I’m sleeping, with the AC on 60° and the box fan blowing in my face

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Re: KAT: Don't sleep on the Wolves; Perk: I’m sleeping, with the AC on 60° and the box fan blowing in my face 

Post#21 » by WolfAddict » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Perk just trying to be funny - I laughed... a bit

Honestly, I don't think we're going to push for playoffs, but I do like some of the things they've done.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Re: KAT: Don't sleep on the Wolves Perk: I’m sleeping, with the AC on 60° and the box fan blowing in my face 

Post#23 » by Zeitgeister » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:04 am

Biased_Fan6425 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:It's a funny quote by Perkins, but the Wolves have geared up quite nicely on the defensive end around Towns.

Covington, Layman, Okogie, Culver, Bell.

Who? :lol:

You don't know who Robert Covington is?
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,240

Re: KAT: Don't sleep on the Wolves; Perk: I’m sleeping, with the AC on 60° and the box fan blowing in my face 

Post#24 » by Funcrusher » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:06 am

Hindenburg wrote:Perk lowering the bar for sports journalism day by day

:lol:
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,240

Re: KAT: Don't sleep on the Wolves Perk: I’m sleeping, with the AC on 60° and the box fan blowing in my face 

Post#25 » by Funcrusher » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:10 am

Zeitgeister wrote:
Biased_Fan6425 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:It's a funny quote by Perkins, but the Wolves have geared up quite nicely on the defensive end around Towns.

Covington, Layman, Okogie, Culver, Bell.

Who? :lol:

You don't know who Robert Covington is?

can't blame him, he's only been on this board for 8 years
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#26 » by Baski » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 am

Perk is right. Every year it's the same with these young guys and every year they fall flat on their faces. Talk is cheap
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#27 » by Foye » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:45 am

We are a Towns injury away from being the worst team in the league.

Even with Towns 35 wins seem optimistic.

Between Wiggins, Teague and Dieng we have half of our salary cap wasted for utterly mediocre players. And that's a friendly comment.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,369

Post#28 » by Nuntius » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:24 am

Eh, Perk comes across as a blowhard, to be honest. The Wolves aren't great right now, especially given the tough competition that they're going to be facing in the West, but they aren't a weak team either. They are a middle of the table squad.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,369

Post#29 » by Nuntius » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 am

Foye wrote:Between Wiggins, Teague and Dieng we have half of our salary cap wasted for utterly mediocre players. And that's a friendly comment.

The issue with Teague isn't just that he is mediocre. It's that he doesn't seem to care at all. He played for the Pacers in 16-17 and the situation was exactly the same. He didn't seem to care all that much either. This was one of the few seasons where the Pacers looked disinterested on the court and as a fan it was one of our least fun teams to watch.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:17 am

I honestly like the Timberwolves more than most. Obviously, heir issue is that their big money players outside of Karl Towns are totally useless. But I like the direction they took with their small salary players. They just picked up defensive minded, unselfish players to play off Towns, who's probably one of the top 5 offensive players in the game. Picking up Bell, Layman and Vonleh to go along with Okogie and Culver gives them 5 complimentary players to go around Towns and Covington. They just got to wise up and trade Wiggins for whatever shorter contract they can get, and get a better leader at PG.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#31 » by chrisab123 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 am

The Wolves have pissed away more talent than anyone. Wiggins should have been better. KAT should have taken that next step. Butler should have been paid. It goes on and on. I like the team but it sucks that they haven't been able to progress.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#32 » by LloydFree » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am

chrisab123 wrote:The Wolves have pissed away more talent than anyone. Wiggins should have been better. KAT should have taken that next step. Butler should have been paid. It goes on and on. I like the team but it sucks that they haven't been able to progress.

Wiggins has always been fool's gold. He's never been good. Has nothing to do with the Timberwolves. Their only mistake with him, was not recognizing what he is, before giving him the extension.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#33 » by chrisab123 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 am

LloydFree wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:The Wolves have pissed away more talent than anyone. [Wiggins should have been better[/b]. KAT should have taken that next step. Butler should have been paid. It goes on and on. I like the team but it sucks that they haven't been able to progress.

Wiggins has always been fool's gold. He's never been good. Has nothing to do with the Timberwolves. Their only mistake with him, was not recognizing what he is, before giving him the extension.

I mean he probably could have been developed much better but you can't force someone to put the work in. But a more stable organization could at least get him to buy in to becoming better than Rudy Gay 2.0.
Wolf of Ball St
Junior
And1: 519

Post#34 » by Wolf of Ball St » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am

Foye wrote:We are a Towns injury away from being the worst team in the league.

Even with Towns 35 wins seem optimistic.

Between Wiggins, Teague and Dieng we have half of our salary cap wasted for utterly mediocre players. And that's a friendly comment.

100% true and so unfortunate. I really do think KAT is on the cusp of a huge season, really do think he could average close to 30-12-5. The thing is, even though they improved their role players (their bench is surprisingly solid), Wiggins and Teague are so bad. And you can’t overcome near $50M in wasted salary on two subpar starters (and this isn’t even mentioning the Dieng albatross).

I’m afraid it’ll probably be another year of wasted talent. Wish Minny would be the team D-Lo, D. Book and KAT were hinting at joining, but we all know that won’t happen.

- signed, a sad but realistic wolves fan.
SamSepiol
Rookie
And1: 3,614

Post#35 » by SamSepiol » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am

I laughed. But it’s funny they’re getting anyone as an “analyst” these days. I’m seeing Dan OrvLOUSY and Mark Sanchez talking football. And now Perk/Ryan Hollins being a common staple on ESPN.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#36 » by UcanUwill » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:57 am

Rendei wrote:I don't know, that sounds really cold actually. Not the best sleeping conditions.

What is 60 degrees whatever Perk is talking in celsius?
JVFRMN
Freshman
And1: 110

Post#37 » by JVFRMN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:04 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Rendei wrote:I don't know, that sounds really cold actually. Not the best sleeping conditions.

15,55°C
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#38 » by Foye » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Foye wrote:Between Wiggins, Teague and Dieng we have half of our salary cap wasted for utterly mediocre players. And that's a friendly comment.

The issue with Teague isn't just that he is mediocre. It's that he doesn't seem to care at all. He played for the Pacers in 16-17 and the situation was exactly the same. He didn't seem to care all that much either. This was one of the few seasons where the Pacers looked disinterested on the court and as a fan it was one of our least fun teams to watch.

Agreed. One of the worst decisions by Thibs was to replace Rubio with Teague although Rubio had just played well for the second half of the season after losing his mother at the start of the year.

Rubio/Butler could've been a fairly good defensive duo. On offense, Rubio - unlike Teague - always provided some easy baskets for KAT and Wiggins - which might have led to Wiggins not declining as much under Thibs.

Not saying it would've changed too much - but I believe the whole Butler situation wouldn't have been that devasting.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,437

Post#40 » by Rendei » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:03 pm

JVFRMN wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

15,55°C

I mean, I set my heat higher than that in the winter when I'm trying to save money. And now I have to deal with a fan too? FOH.

Return to The General Board