Skip Bayless: "Anthony Davis playing with LeBron disqualifies him from winning MVP"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Re: Skip Bayless: "Anthony Davis playing with LeBron disqualifies him from winning MVP" 

Post#21 » by Lalouie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:27 am

thebigbird wrote:Skip has made a tv career out of hating on LeBron. It's honestly impressive.

he's more of a non-believer than a hater but it comes across the same. i don't know why but non-believers are thought of as haters, as if you have to be one or the other.

a non-believer can still acknowledge the greatness, but just not as the be all and end all,,,,like of say shannon who throws petals before lebron's feet
Lalouie
RealGM

Re: Skip Bayless: "Anthony Davis playing with LeBron disqualifies him from winning MVP" 

Post#22 » by Lalouie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:31 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:seriously though can anyone explain why skip's wife looks like him with makeup and a wig on?

no she doesn't if you take off dem blinders. she's more like she should be sarah jessica parker's MOTHER,,,,which might be even more damning. she's nice though. that was a nice interview. it almost got teary-eyed on the set there.

but listen, you wake up, go to the bathroom mirror and stare at your mug for Xyrs. you're gonna like someone who is similar to you.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,967

Post#23 » by thebigbird » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:49 am

Lalouie wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Skip has made a tv career out of hating on LeBron. It's honestly impressive.

he's more of a non-believer than a hater but it comes across the same. i don't know why but non-believers are thought of as haters, as if you have to be one or the other.

a non-believer can still acknowledge the greatness, but just not as the be all and end all,,,,like of say shannon who throws petals before lebron's feet

I would say skip is much more than a non-believer. He's so petty and takes so many digs at him. I don't think he actually believes the things he says. He's just like an actor reading from a script, and his role is the LeBron hater.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#24 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:55 am

No matter how good AD plays, Lebron is still the true leader on the team so, imo, Skip is right. Most of the team influence is Lebron because that has always been how he operates. The offense will go through Lebron even if it features AD as the main option. AD just isn't alpha to Lebron and should not be MVP as long as James is on the team.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#25 » by Lalouie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 am

thebigbird wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

I would say skip is much more than a non-believer. He's so petty and takes so many digs at him. I don't think he actually believes the things he says. He's just like an actor reading from a script, and his role is the LeBron hater.

his role may very well be scripted, so to speak. i'm guessing he started out being anti lebron and then production found the value in his takes and not so much "scripted" but started planning for it. every panel show does it. what,,,are they supposed to all agree?

skip acknowledge's lebron's greatness, he just doesn't drink the whole cooler. and if i'm in such a debate group and everyone loves lebron, yes if i'm taking the opposite stance i'm going to hunt and peck
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#26 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 am

Lalouie wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

his role may very well be scripted, so to speak. i'm guessing he started out being anti lebron and then production found the value in his takes and not so much "scripted" but started planning for it. every panel show does it. what,,,are they supposed to all agree?

skip acknowledge's lebron's greatness, he just doesn't drink the whole cooler. and if i'm in such a debate group and everyone loves lebron, yes if i'm taking the opposite stance i'm going to hunt and peck

Imo skip is kinda even keeled with lebron, except when shannon calls lbj the goat.
Also idk how much a fan you can be of a guy who knocked your team out of the finals.
Even then, he didnt have that much bad to say about lebron.
Skip will say lbj is a nice, respectable guy.
His back and forths with skip regarding lbj Goat status is his main area of contention.

Also skip has been in media since before i was born so he didnt make a career out of bashing lebron.
C3H6N6O6
Analyst
And1: 3,898

Post#27 » by C3H6N6O6 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:25 am

I agree. Both LeBron and AD are disqualified just like both Wade and LeBron were pretty much disqualified for 2010-11 season.
One of AD or LeBron has to be injured for a good portion of the season for one of them to win MVP.
Same thing happened with KD and Curry.
Only after Wade's injury in 2011 finals was LeBron able to get back in the real mvp race for 2011-12 season.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#28 » by Drygon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,543

Post#29 » by Jcity08 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 pm

He's right and wrong. Anthony Davis isn't ruled out of an MVP nod but Lebron probably will be a factor in the narrative for AD getting MVP.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: Skip Bayless: 

Post#30 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:54 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:seriously though can anyone explain why skip's wife looks like him with makeup and a wig on?
I love me some me
- T.O.

Some say married people start to be lookalikes after awhile.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Skip Bayless: 

Post#31 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:02 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
I love me some me
- T.O.

Some say married people start to lookalike after awhile.

Well they are family and live the same lifestyle, probably have a lot of the same values, logics, stuff like that where assimilation becomes to happen.

Return to The General Board