I think LeBron will keep this level of play for 3~4 more years

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Re: I think LeBron will keep this level of play for 3~4 more years 

Post#101 » by NY 567 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:09 pm

LeBrons size and skill will keep him elite as long as he stays healthy. He has lost a lot off of his vertical but has kept most of his speed and quickness, which imo is a lot more important. He always takes it easy in the regular season, which means he has a lot more to give for the playoffs. The guy is a freak of all freaks, all of his contemporaries from his draft class are all retired yet he's still arguably the best player in the NBA. I don't need to like him to recognize his greatness.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#102 » by NY 567 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:12 pm

walk with me wrote:The drugs are good enough... everyone from the 03-05 draft classes are falling apart, retiring, suffering from being too broken down to be in the league. Lebron meanwhile is locked and loaded for another finals run like he’s 31 years old....

He’s entering his 17th season and has like 60k total minutes lol. Lebron fans so naive.

Drugs is such a cop out argument. Firstly, there is no proof. Secondly, let's say for the sake of argument that he is on drugs. Are you gonna tell me Wade wasn't either? What has he been doing for the last few years? How about Dwight Howard? LeBron is a genetic outlier, spends millions of dollars taking care of his body, and leaves some in reserve during the regular season. I'm not saying he is or isn't on drugs, rather that this is a tired and weak argument.
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,401

Post#103 » by TheNG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Vladimir777 wrote:
walk with me wrote:The drugs are good enough... everyone from the 03-05 draft classes are falling apart, retiring, suffering from being too broken down to be in the league. Lebron meanwhile is locked and loaded for another finals run like he’s 31 years old....

He’s entering his 17th season and has like 60k total minutes lol. Lebron fans so naive.

So he has access to drugs that the other millionaire basketball players from those 03-05 draft classes don't? I don't buy that.

He's the only one that has access to the Chinese drugs with the top DNA manipulations :wink:
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#104 » by NBAFan93 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:34 pm

IgorK wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
IgorK wrote:
Did you seriously just imply Russell is an elite passer..? :lol:

Has led the league in box creation, has a +9 passer rating.

Isn't an elite passer.

I guess you go by assists, where again, he's led the league in assists.

Not talking from a pure statistics standpoint. Rusell's vision and passing ability is good but it's nowhere near LeBron's level. Let's all calm down now.

So when pure statistics favor Westbrook, they don’t matter. When pure statistics can be used to point out flaws in Westbrook game - they mean everything.

Westbrook has been one of the best passers in the league the past 3 seasons - especially the last two seasons. How people can’t accept that shows their bias against him.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#105 » by BallerTalk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Sooo...Playoff Mode extended?
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#106 » by walk with me » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:05 pm

NY 567 wrote:

Drugs is such a cop out argument. Firstly, there is no proof. Secondly, let's say for the sake of argument that he is on drugs. Are you gonna tell me Wade wasn't either? What has he been doing for the last few years? How about Dwight Howard? LeBron is a genetic outlier, spends millions of dollars taking care of his body, and leaves some in reserve during the regular season. I'm not saying he is or isn't on drugs, rather that this is a tired and weak argument.

Lebron looks like he’s 28

Dwight is washed and a bench player

It’s not a cop out. You’re just naive. You probably would have said Sammy Sosa and McGuire were generic outliers when they were belting 80 HRs a year lol
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,401

Post#107 » by TheNG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:20 pm

If I was a Lakers fan, I'd sure hope LeBron will not keep this level of play for 3~4 more years. Last year was a disaster...
He better activate the Western Conference playoff mode instead the Eastern Conference playoff mode this time.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#108 » by IgorK » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:20 pm

NBAFan93 wrote:
IgorK wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Has led the league in box creation, has a +9 passer rating.

Isn't an elite passer.

I guess you go by assists, where again, he's led the league in assists.

Not talking from a pure statistics standpoint. Rusell's vision and passing ability is good but it's nowhere near LeBron's level. Let's all calm down now.

So when pure statistics favor Westbrook, they don’t matter. When pure statistics can be used to point out flaws in Westbrook game - they mean everything.

Westbrook has been one of the best passers in the league the past 3 seasons - especially the last two seasons. How people can’t accept that shows their bias against him.

I'm a HUGE Westbrook fan, bub. Love his fire and tenacity. But to me his statistics don't mean much when he's not carrying his team deep in the playoffs.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#109 » by zimpy27 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:37 pm

LeBron will have better impact stats for the next 3 seasons than he did last season.

Last season he changed his game a lot and he knew pretty early that the team was not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

His touch around the rim fell off because he spent much more time training his deep 3 game than his finishing game.

His defense has fallen off for a few regular seasons but he picks it up in the playoffs. Just like Kawhi.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#110 » by freethedevil » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:46 pm

IgorK wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
IgorK wrote:

I'm a HUGE Westbrook fan, bub. Love his fire and tenacity. But to me his statistics don't mean much when he's not carrying his team deep in the playoffs.

-> Was the best player when okc nearly made the final in 2016
-> the thunder outscored the rockets whenever he was on the court in 2017

So unless you're penalizing him for how his teammates play without him, he's been a superstar throughout his prime.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#111 » by freethedevil » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 pm

zimpy27 wrote: Just like Kawhi.

His defense sucked in the finals and the first round. :-?
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,231

Post#112 » by Ainosterhaspie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:46 am

walk with me wrote:
NY 567 wrote:

Lebron looks like he’s 28

No he doesn't. And he hasn't for years. His physical decline is significant and obvious. He's not remotely close to the specimen he was in 2013 much less 2009.

Return to The General Board