Would you rather have Luka or Zion?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Luka or Zion

Poll ended at Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 am

Luka
75%
Zion
25%

Total votes: 256

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Would you rather have Luka or Zion? 

Post#81 » by Pinkyring » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:07 pm

As a fan or an owner? As a fan luka, wings have more values than undersized bigs, as an owner definitely zion, white euros aren't typically marketable, zion will generate far more revenue
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,921

Post#82 » by MagicMatic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Luka no contest.

And I’m a fan of Zion.
rickbrunson
Junior
And1: 294

Post#83 » by rickbrunson » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:49 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
rickbrunson wrote:Luka, because he’s European, and smarter.

What a terrible post. In a single sentence you managed to present an illogical argument (the average Euro NBA player is worse than the average non Euro, so that’s not an advantage), a baseless premise (you have no reason to believe Luka is smarter/didn’t attempt to present one), and shameless unbridled racism to tie it all together.

If your post wasn’t some poor attempt at humor then I feel sorry for you. For you to convince yourself of something so laughably narrow-minded and self-serving means you’ve probably been your own worst enemy your entire life.

Yeah, I guess it’s the shameless, unbridled racism in my narrow mind, like you said.

Or maybe it’s because I’m originally European and enjoy seeing players from my area doing well. And I know Luka is smarter, because I’ve actually met both of them and it was pretty obvious.

But way to go. You assumed I said he was smarter BECAUSE he was European, which I didn’t. I’m glad you’re around to invent racism when there isn’t enough supply for your demand.

You win, oh great white knight of the internet.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#84 » by SecondTake » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:52 am

Zion is a much better player. Luka is maybe a top 30 player right now. Zion is top 10 right now and he's likely to go down as a multiple mvp and champion. It's no contest.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#85 » by RB34 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 am

If you could guarantee me health I’d pick Zion otherwise I’m going Luka.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#86 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 am

rickbrunson wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

What a terrible post. In a single sentence you managed to present an illogical argument (the average Euro NBA player is worse than the average non Euro, so that’s not an advantage), a baseless premise (you have no reason to believe Luka is smarter/didn’t attempt to present one), and shameless unbridled racism to tie it all together.

If your post wasn’t some poor attempt at humor then I feel sorry for you. For you to convince yourself of something so laughably narrow-minded and self-serving means you’ve probably been your own worst enemy your entire life.

Yeah, I guess it’s the shameless, unbridled racism in my narrow mind, like you said.

Or maybe it’s because I’m originally European and enjoy seeing players from my area doing well. And I know Luka is smarter, because I’ve actually met both of them and it was pretty obvious.

But way to go. You assumed I said he was smarter BECAUSE he was European, which I didn’t. I’m glad you’re around to invent racism when there isn’t enough supply for your demand.

Unfounded accusations of racism are one of my biggest pet peeves. It draws further attention to a divide that doesn't exist. But then I see actual displays of racism like the one in your post, and for a moment I understand what drives the new wave crusade of the SJW's.

I doubt you have a firm grasp of their respective intellects just because you met them both (assuming that's true). But regardless, if your post doesn't mean what I interpreted it to mean, you should seriously consider rephrasing it.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,239

Post#87 » by Funcrusher » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:35 am

rickbrunson wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

"it was pretty obvious," he says, as if that statement on it's own is ample evidence Luka is "smarter." Like, we're just supposed to take your word Zion's not as intelligent? Also don't see how intelligence has anything to do with what they do on the court, unless it's BBall IQ, which I know for DAMN sure Zion has in spades. So what was the point of this post exactly?
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#88 » by Pg81 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 am

SecondTake wrote:Zion is a much better player. Luka is maybe a top 30 player right now. Zion is top 10 right now and he's likely to go down as a multiple mvp and champion. It's no contest.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app

:crazy:
Yeah, no.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019

Return to The General Board