Kings showing buyers' remorse over Harrison Barnes' new contract

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,688

Re: Kings showing buyers' remorse over Harrison Barnes' new contract 

Post#81 » by jehosafats » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 am

Barnes was promising early in his career. Somewhere along the line he got to gumming up the works. His contracts look like canker sores the moment they see the big money does nothing to change his game.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Re: Kings showing remorse over Harrison Barnes' new contract 

Post#82 » by Sactowndog » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Image

I've given Vlade a ton of credit on here the last couple years. But ya that was beyond a stupid contract to hand out. Didn't make any sense when they gave it to him, didn't look any better at the end of free agency like some said it would. Now it completely screws them over with stuff like this. How in the hell are they going to say Hield is only worth a couple more million than Harrison freaking Barnes. How can they expect Bogdan to sign for 3/4 of what Barnes did when everyone knows Bogdan is the far superior player. That was a dumb contract.

With regards to Bogs contract, the Kings would be willing to go over what they are able to sign him for, so how is that even part of what your cooking up?
Bogs eligible extension isn’t where his value is so that is why he won’t sign it, they can’t go over it. You know this as well so I’m interested as to why it’s part of your Barnes contract rant?

That is true and you're right, Barnes contract or not he would've most likely waited till free agency. Bad point by me.

With that said though, don't think the Kings can afford Barnes contract, a new Hield contract, and match a Bogdan contract, with having to plan for Fox's contract as well.

You do remember Barnes contract declines right? By the time they have to pay Fox it is in the low teens as a percentage of the cap.
reflex35
Rookie
And1: 672

Post#83 » by reflex35 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 am

grindtime22 wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Not only Bogdan, Hield walks, disgruntled stars like Fox and even Bagley will all leave the team due to the Barnes fiasco.
You lose a key piece and it is enough to dismantle the entire team. Unless they can dump him to the Knicks, Kings are done.

I think you are right - one chip can make all dominos fall.

People probably don't understand and I have not watched Bogdan playing outside KINGS..
They have to look at for example Serbia national team this summer.
Bogdan is a guy who can take over games if needed. He might not be your next superstar but he is an extremely valuable piece who in certain nights can become a 30 pts scorer and take last second shots. This guy has a belief in himself and can take over games.

Hields as well. 20 pts a night. 42-43% from three....

Like I mean how in right state of mind Kings think that they can pay Barnes that amount of money and downball Bogdan (as what they are offering him is an insult) and not pay Hields at least the same or more???

:lol: An insult to Bogdan? You know they offered him the max they could offer right? I guess they could simply offer him nothing, but seeing if he wants to get the guaranteed money doesn't seem insulting.

Bogdan is not worth the max, let's not go to the extremes. He is simply worth more than Kings are offering. And this will be proven when he walks away and get's a lot better offer.
As for Kings they have the right to do what they want to do. But with that in mind we all know that Kings are always at the bottom and will remain there by looking at their actions now.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#84 » by stoo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 am

Lakers need shooter :)
NotSinceWilt
Smirkin Dirk
Junior
And1: 736

Post#85 » by Smirkin Dirk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:27 am

I wanted to like Barnes so much But he's such a robotic basketball player. He can only do a few things at once.

His first 2 years in Dallas he was an iso ball player. Lots of mid range elbow stuff. Low efficiency, low FTAs, middling 3 point accuracy.

Doncic comes, and he's forced to become a spot up shooter. He does that well, but the rest of his game completely craters.

And through it all, he was a replacement level player. He is just not worth what the Mavs and Kings paid/pay him.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#86 » by grindtime22 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 am

reflex35 wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
I think you are right - one chip can make all dominos fall.

People probably don't understand and I have not watched Bogdan playing outside KINGS..
They have to look at for example Serbia national team this summer.
Bogdan is a guy who can take over games if needed. He might not be your next superstar but he is an extremely valuable piece who in certain nights can become a 30 pts scorer and take last second shots. This guy has a belief in himself and can take over games.

Hields as well. 20 pts a night. 42-43% from three....

Like I mean how in right state of mind Kings think that they can pay Barnes that amount of money and downball Bogdan (as what they are offering him is an insult) and not pay Hields at least the same or more???

:lol: An insult to Bogdan? You know they offered him the max they could offer right? I guess they could simply offer him nothing, but seeing if he wants to get the guaranteed money doesn't seem insulting.

Bogdan is not worth the max, let's not go to the extremes. He is simply worth more than Kings are offering. And this will be proven when he walks away and get's a lot better offer.
As for Kings they have the right to do what they want to do. But with that in mind we all know that Kings are always at the bottom and will remain there by looking at their actions now.

Apparently you have no grasp of the current contract situation with Bogdan. They have already offered him the max allowed right now. It is a different situation than most rookie contracts end up in, because he didn't arrive in the traditional way. He isn't on a rookie scale contract. They can not offer him more than the 51.4 million. They can't offer him 4 year 80 million, or 4 years 65 million, or 4 years 100 million. They can only do that next summer when he becomes a free agent. It is not possible to offer him more than 51.4 in an extension this summer. That is NBA extension rules, not the Kings being cheap.

Return to The General Board