Morey should resign ASAP after seeing this

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Morey should resign ASAP after seeing this 

Post#41 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:48 pm

If someone where to vandalize that mural I wouldn’t complain
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#42 » by evilpimp972 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:Am I the only one who mistook Harden for Rick Ross initially ?

Man boobs
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,588

Post#43 » by dc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Replacing the mural is pretty sad when you think about it . It’s his team though

I don't mind him moving on and putting a new one in. I don't even care about Morey not being there because I think only players/coaches should be in such murals.

But Fertitta putting himself their twice, including a photo of him with his entire freaking family, is just tacky and blowhard worthy.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#44 » by The_Hater » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Why stop at Morey quitting. MDA should also quit and Harden, RWB and Capela should all stop playing and demand trades.

There’s no level of overreaction that should be considered to crazy here....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
000078ude54
Pro Prospect
And1: 551

Post#45 » by 000078ude54 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Those back-to-back titles are all the Rockets have, so they should probably continue to honor it in some way.

Changing the mural isn't really the issue. It's Fertitta showcasing himself and his family, which has nothing to do with the team.

It's the Houston Rockets, not the Houston Fertittas. Even Ballmer, who is a force of nature, knows how to stay in the background and let the players be the focus.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,218

Post#46 » by Clemenza » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 pm

I can't see Morey getting another job anywhere. Business wise he's still an executive who seems to have cost the Rockets and the league millions of dollars.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#47 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:19 pm

ShotCreator wrote:
bran muffin wrote:I see nothing wrong with the change.

The old mural was living in the past. It features players and accomplishments from 30 years ago. The new one emphasizes the present with people are currently with the team.

His family is in it. And he’s in it twice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The owner and his family take up half of the mural. lmao. Fertitta is front and center with the biggest image. This is totally effed up in a hilarious way - unless you're a Rockets fan. No ego to see there, folks. rofl.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#48 » by Lalouie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 pm

fritters was on a show a few weeks ago to talk about the rockets. i think specifically how will westbrook fit. he gave some imbecilic homer answer. an owner doesn't have to know anything, just manage well, but fritter sounded like a steve ballmer with a 2nd grade education
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#49 » by flow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Lucky Clover wrote:
chuck_wagon44 wrote:Before Fertitta:

After Fertitta:

Owner doesn't give 2 craps about winning or the franchise history of winning.

This is terrible for them and shows why Morey should resign as soon as possible and work for another team or another league (NFL)

Maybe the Houston Texans can hire him since they need a GM?

Eh... It's about time the Rockets turned the page. Rockets fans especially talk about the championship years like the holy grail. They happened 25+ years ago now -- let it go. It's not as if the banners for them were taken down. I'm sure there are other parts of the Toyota Center that still honor those teams. It's about the now. Fertitta is a businessman and he cares more about the money aspect of owning an NBA franchise. Morey would get swallowed up in the NFL -- it's not at all the same as the NBA and analytics only helps you so much there.

As a businessman, he should know that its important to keep franchise "glory years" tied into the current team as much as possible. Fans want that. Keeps them connected.

Even Gores in Detroit knows that. He has the bad boys and '04 teams back for ceremonies all the time. And reminders of them can be found all throughout the arena.

Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#50 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 pm

flow wrote:
Lucky Clover wrote:
chuck_wagon44 wrote:Before Fertitta:

After Fertitta:

Owner doesn't give 2 craps about winning or the franchise history of winning.

This is terrible for them and shows why Morey should resign as soon as possible and work for another team or another league (NFL)

Maybe the Houston Texans can hire him since they need a GM?

Eh... It's about time the Rockets turned the page. Rockets fans especially talk about the championship years like the holy grail. They happened 25+ years ago now -- let it go. It's not as if the banners for them were taken down. I'm sure there are other parts of the Toyota Center that still honor those teams. It's about the now. Fertitta is a businessman and he cares more about the money aspect of owning an NBA franchise. Morey would get swallowed up in the NFL -- it's not at all the same as the NBA and analytics only helps you so much there.

As a businessman, he should know that its important to keep franchise "glory years" tied into the current team as much as possible. Fans want that. Keeps them connected.

Even Gores in Detroit knows that. He has the bad boys and '04 teams back for ceremonies all the time. And reminders of them can be found all throughout the arena.

Im laugh if the rocket don’t win championship in harden era . At them same time shake my head
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#51 » by California Gold » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
flow wrote:
Lucky Clover wrote:

Im laugh if the rocket don’t win championship in harden era . At them same time shake my head

It would be Harden's fault. Guy has been given more than enough talent to go out and win and so far he's come up short.
BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Post#52 » by BNM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:04 pm

ShotCreator wrote:

The old mural was living in the past. It features players and accomplishments from 30 years ago. The new one emphasizes the present with people are currently with the team.

Of the 13 people visible in the new mural, over half of them (7) are Fertitta (twice) and his kids. That seems incredibly self-indulgent, but also a bizarre way to promote an NBA team. Does he really think the fans coming to the arena are paying to see him and his kids? Does he think one single paying fan gives an actual **** what he looks like? Not sure if that makes him narcissistic, insecure, or perhaps both. That looks more like the Fertitta family Christmas card that something you'd have on display at a professional sports arena.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#53 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm

BNM wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:

Of the 13 people visible in the new mural, over half of them (7) are Fertitta (twice) and his kids. That seems incredibly self-indulgent, but also a bizarre way to promote an NBA team. Does he really think the fans coming to the arena are paying to see him and his kids? Does he think one single paying fan gives an actual **** what he looks like? Not sure if that makes him narcissistic, insecure, or perhaps both. That looks more like the Fertitta family Christmas card that something you'd have on display at a professional sports arena.

Xmas card. lol. That's perfect. The whole thing is basically one big, outrageous flex.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,140

Post#54 » by og15 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:36 pm

Lucky Clover wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
flow wrote:

It would be Harden's fault. Guy has been given more than enough talent to go out and win and so far he's come up short.

More then enough would be having Durant's GS teammates as his teammates.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,588

Post#55 » by dc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 pm

BNM wrote:Of the 13 people visible in the new mural, over half of them (7) are Fertitta (twice) and his kids. That seems incredibly self-indulgent, but also a bizarre way to promote an NBA team. Does he really think the fans coming to the arena are paying to see him and his kids? Does he think one single paying fan gives an actual **** what he looks like? Not sure if that makes him narcissistic, insecure, or perhaps both. That looks more like the Fertitta family Christmas card that something you'd have on display at a professional sports arena.

This x100000. You don't even see guys like Mark Cuban, Lightyears Lacob or Dan Snyder doing this stuff. Even the most pompous owners would know that just looks tacky and out of totally out of place. He's better off just putting that family portrait at a Rainforest Cafe.

At the end of the day, it's his team and it's nothing more than a mural. He's not hurting anyone doing this, but holy cow if that doesn't say something about his narcissism/insecurity.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#56 » by shangrila » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:05 pm

While I agree with the first part, this new mural seems overly tacky and ego-stroking. Why is Fertitta's face all over it? I get he's the owner but it's not like he really has anything to do with the on court product.

It's giving me the old Charlotte Bobcats owner vibes. A bit sad for Houston fans as I think Tillman will end up dragging that franchise down.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#57 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:10 pm

He ShOUlD ResIGn RigHT AWaY AftEr SeEINg ThE BANnER CHanGe TEH OWNeR MadE

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
chuck_wagon44
Senior
And1: 625

Post#58 » by chuck_wagon44 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:25 pm

BVB24 wrote:The Rockets in black uniforms just doesn’t look right. Stick to the classic red, white, & yellow. You know, your team colors.

The owner likes to wear black and wants the team to wear them too. Im not even kidding about this. Rocket fans can confirm this.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#59 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Lucky Clover wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
flow wrote:

I didn’t say it would be . But the owner has harden era of players on his family on the mural instead of championship rocket team .
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#60 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:19 am

IgorK wrote:The man paid $2.2B for the franchise. He can put Elvira kissing Popeye on his murals if he wishes.

I don't think anyone here is arguing whether or not he has a right to do it. We are all in agreement he has that right. The point of discussion is how the new mural portrays him and the Rockets' brand.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to The General Board