Why did it take a knee injury for the Pelicans to realize Zion needs to start losing weight?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Re: Why did it take a knee injury for the Pelicans to realize Zion needs to start losing weight? 

Post#21 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:23 am

Yogatti wrote:Shouldn't this be addressed since day 1? Everyone was saying Zion has to lose weight or else he'll suffer an injury. Apparently Pelicans didn't think it was necessary

Are you completely speculating or is there an actual report that the pelicans want him to lose weight now?
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,162

Re: Why did it take a knee injury for the Pelicans to realize Zion needs to start losing weight? 

Post#22 » by AdagioPace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 am

making Zion losing weight means going against the general "hype" after all, against what people want to see: "a flying meaty tank". Everybody involved will need to downgrade their expectations, long term, unless they make a deal with the devil...
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
reflex35
Rookie
And1: 672

Post#23 » by reflex35 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:35 am

I think they were pretty quick with the realisation comparing to Nuggets (Joker)
Different games but Nikola is probably just plain lazy with all the talent he has.
As for Zion it's not only Pels, Nike is saying the same.. And these guys don't want to "loose" their business because of weight issues and therefore should push Zion to drop some weight ( which in the end will be good for him too)
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,797

Post#24 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:40 am

Capn'O wrote:Is it possible that they were aware at a prior point?

And didn't want to say it until the point was made for them?

Can't be easy telling your guys they are overweight.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,527

Post#25 » by dhsilv2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:45 am

mowcrowbar wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
Or his natural build is to be like 350 pounds and he’s already thinner than what he’d be w/ a normal lifestyle. He may need to actually diet if he wants to be thinner. Who knows.

And I really don’t think Charles Barkley looked this heavy early in his career.

Chuck was this heavy in college...dunno about in the nba. I never noticed if he was. Then again zion is built differently

I think Chuck had lean muscle, while Zion seems to be a compact ball of muscle.

Chuck just always had more body fat than even Zion. Chuck was far too explosive to have some kind of "long and lean" muscle.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#26 » by THE J0KER » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:28 pm

If you compare Zion Williamson Weight/Height with Weight/Height of all other active NBA players you will realize he is just another NBA player.

Or not?

JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#27 » by JellosJigglin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Zion naturally carries a lot of muscle. He would have to completely lay off the weightlifting and focus mostly on cardio to slim down. I'm betting he'd still retain most of his muscle without even lifting weights. But I don't think he needs to lose that much weight since he doesn't seem "fat". Maybe just 10-15 pounds.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#28 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:36 pm

The fat shaming in this thread though.

Lol just kidding
Forum permissions