How Good Is Bradley Beal?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: How Good Is Bradley Beal? 

Post#21 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Up-And-Coming wrote:Harden
Klay
Beal
Dipo

Slightly better and more reliable than Dipo

I like Dipo better because of his athletic ability; but you are right. Beal is more consistent.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#22 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Klay
Beal
Dipo

I prefer healthy Dipo comfortably over Beal and Klay. Hopefully we get to see healthy Dipo again soon.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#23 » by Up-And-Coming » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Klay
Beal
Dipo

I prefer healthy Dipo comfortably over Beal and Klay. Hopefully we get to see healthy Dipo again soon.

I get ya but I disagree. Dipo has really only had one full season at All-Star level and iirc it was in a contract year.

Beal is the more reliable shooter imo at all levels and Dipo’s athleticism will diminish especially after several injuries
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#24 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:32 pm

1 of the best finishers @ the rim in the LG look it up, underrated.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,339

Post#25 » by BodieB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 am

One of the most polished players in the league. I think he'll get a ring at some point as a major contributor and should be a productive player into his mid 30's barring injuries.
LoveTheNBA23
Senior
And1: 678

Post#26 » by LoveTheNBA23 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:43 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Klay
Beal
Dipo

I get ya but I disagree. Dipo has really only had one full season at All-Star level and iirc it was in a contract year.

Beal is the more reliable shooter imo at all levels and Dipo’s athleticism will diminish especially after several injuries

That’s the version he is talking about which I agree is a better player than Beal. Who knows if we see healthy Dipo again or that version but he was a better slasher, defender and was a pretty good shooter that year. That version of Dipo was such a well rounded player.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#27 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:28 am

The guy is underrated as hell. I would only take Harden over him. He's right in that group of elite scoring guards like Klay, Dipo and CJ.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,468

Post#28 » by Pelly24 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:42 am

LoveTheNBA23 wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

That’s the version he is talking about which I agree is a better player than Beal. Who knows if we see healthy Dipo again or that version but he was a better slasher, defender and was a pretty good shooter that year. That version of Dipo was such a well rounded player.

True, but I'm not sure we have a good bassline for what healthy peak Oladipo looks like. There's something to be said for someone who's gottan 22+ on above average efficiency for three years and has continually trended upward. I'm not sure what's going to be normal for Dipo, but I do think people were eager to put him in an echelon he maybe hadn't truly proved to belong in after that one year as a top 15 player. I think Beal is a better scorer than Dipo has ever been, though. I see him getting 27/6/5 this season on 58 TS%.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#29 » by giberish » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:01 am

lilfishi22 wrote:The guy is underrated as hell. I would only take Harden over him. He's right in that group of elite scoring guards like Klay, Dipo and CJ.

With everybody healthy an in-form I'd rank SG's as:

Harden
Olidipo
Butler
Holiday
Klay
Beal

Granted Olidipo and Klay will be below that this year (and you might call Butler a SF). I have Beal lower because his defense is quite poor, especially compared to Olidipo/Butler/Holiday. (yes, Harden's defense is also poor, but IMO not worse then Beal and his offense is top by such a large margin to keep him #1).
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#30 » by Sulico » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 am

He is good basic numbers player, he can put fans in the stadium seats, win some popularity awards like all-star or all-nba, and he does have some skills.
But he is not impact player, all advanced metrics and impact stats show that he is just slightly above average.
He will get paid max money because he can score 25 PPG if you give him 20 shots per game, and because of that his team would never go far in the playoffs.
He is max player and 1st option on playoffs contender, but on a championship team he is 4th-5th best player paid something like 15-18 mil/year
bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 895

Post#31 » by bovice » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:41 am

Beal is better than Klay. Klay just fits the Warriors team better. If you are given the option to build a team around Klay or Beal, you gotta pick Beal.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#32 » by TheBoi10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 am

Impact stats (RPM, PIPM) say he's overrated
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

Post#33 » by Karate Diop » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 am

When you factor in attitude, shot selection, etc.... Klay is better.
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#34 » by TheProfessor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am

Second tier allstar, top 20ish player.
the7boss
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#35 » by the7boss » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am

Second banana to a true superstar on a championship team.

Can you sin a title with Lebron and Beal? Davis and Beal? Jojo and Beal? Kawhi and Beal?

I say yes
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,194

Post#36 » by lambchop » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:03 am

He's a beast imo
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#37 » by ballup » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:11 am

Karate Diop wrote:When you factor in attitude, shot selection, etc.... Klay is better.
What? Aside from the Wall spat, there hasn't been any issues with Beal. Questioning Beal's shot selection makes no sense considering how well balanced his shot chart is and how well he shoots everywhere on the court.

Then comes Klay's injury. ACL tears take 2 seasons to get back to full form and it robs players of lateral quickness, something Klay needs to shift directions off the ball

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board