Predict the All Star rosters this year

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: Predict the All Star rosters this year 

Post#21 » by Crives » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 am

JB2 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Crives wrote:East:
Embiid/Horford
Giannis/Blake/Siakam
Middleton/TJWarren
Beal/Simmons/Lavine
Kyrie/Kemba

West:
Jokic/Gobert
AD/KAT
Kawhi/PG/Luka
Harden/Book
Steph/Lillard/Murray

TJ Warren! Bold bold prediction.

leaving off LeBron and Buter is even more bold

They probably deserve it... but Lebron ain’t getting my vote after his China comments.. and Butler was a dbag to Minnesota.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,107

Post#22 » by JB2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 am

Crives wrote:
JB2 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
TJ Warren! Bold bold prediction.

leaving off LeBron and Buter is even more bold

They probably deserve it... but Lebron ain’t getting my vote after his China comments.. and Butler was a dbag to Minnesota.

"probably"
Heat4lyf
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#23 » by Heat4lyf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:06 am

Embiid/ vucevic
Giannis/ griffin/ siakam
Butler/ middleton
Irving/ beal
Simmons/ walker/ young

Curry/lillard/westbrook
Harden/george
Leonard/ Luka
Lbj/ Davis
Jokic/ KAT/ Gobert
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#24 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:47 am

West:

--- 100% Locks* ---

AD
LeBron
Kawhi
Harden
Steph

PG
Jokic
KAT
Dame

--- Bubble ---

Westbrook (Still a huge star, Houston will be good again, if his shooting is improved he should be a lock, could also be a sneaky disaster with his stubborness even though D'Antoni is the point guard whisperer)
Doncic (Got a lot of love last year, might need more wins to get the nod)
Fox (Forgot about him initially... too good. He's gonna make another leap. It's his time)

------

First in line replacements:

Aldridge (Somehow will actually be an all-star even though Spurs fans wont vote for him. Will cause Luka or D'Aaron or Donnie to lose their spot and everyone will hate it.)
Mitchell (could easily make the leap. He's got the support now. Does he shine or blend into the stew? Either way it will be winning basketball)
KP (As soon as Dallas can do 2 all-stars worth of winning in the west he's a perennial all-star)

Injured (otherwise locks): Klay
Snubs: Dray, DeRozan, Rudy, Booker (They have to sniff 500 one time before he gets taken seriously), DLo, CP (Still a great. He's put out to pasture though), Jrue, CJ
Not yet: Zion (This guy might be a run away fan favorite. Almost definitely won't actually be an all-star. The buzz will be deafening if he in any way starts to deliver), Lonzo (I believe), JJJ, Bagley, Dejounte
Maybe never: Murray (He is Jokic's Kris Middleton to Giannis. Will be an all-star at some point and you won't like it.), Ingram

------

East:

--- 100% Locks* ---

Embiid
Giannis
Butler
Simmons
Kyrie

Kemba
Spicy P

--- Bubble ---

Tatum (Does he course correct or are we still in the dip?)
Beal (Should be a lock, like last year has to work against the stench of the Wiz)
Blake (Early-twilight Blake is still so damn good when on the floor. Sometimes I forget Detroit is a team)
Lowry (The raps are pros, hard to imagine them with less than 50 wins... Lowry's the glue)
Dipo (Weird injury not sure how he comes back. Was making a top 15 push before going down repeatedly... who knows?)

------

First in line replacements: Middleton (This is the weirdest one. Second best player on a top 2 team in the conference. Should be a lock. Almost definitely will be an allstar and prove me wrong. Not excited about it in the least)
Vooch (Orlando will do enough winning in the abysmal east. They're solid. A good well balanced roster that plays defense. Vooch is simply the first name you draw out of the hat)
Injured (otherwise locks): KD
Snubs: Tobi, Haywood, Caris, Love (Out to pasture with CP. Needs to get traded into meaningful basketball)
Not yet: Lauri, Trae, Collins
Maybe never: Lavine, Aaron Gordon, Jaylen Brown

---
* - barring injury
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,021

Post#25 » by JN61 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:49 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:West: Curry, Harden, Lebron, Kawhi, AD...Jokic, Lillard, KAT, Doncic, KP, Booker, Green
East: Irving, Beal, Butler, Giannis, Embiid...Simmons, Griffin, Vucevic, Siakam, Middleton, Lavine, Markkanen

Markkanen could be solid bet for dark horse appearances if bulls win enough games.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
21 TD
Junior
And1: 131

Post#26 » by 21 TD » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:47 pm

21 TD wrote:Not necessarily who I'd likely pick, but health willing, who I think it'll be . . .

East: Walker, Irving, Griffin, Butler, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Vucevic, Embiid, Simmons, Lowry, Siakam, Beal.

West: Jokic, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, George, Scumbag, Davis, James, Towns, Lillard, Aldridge, Gobert.

I knew Aldridge would be a popular pick to fall out, but the Spurs' depth, continuity and back loaded schedule likely means they have a better record than most non-Spurs fans project.

Lowry and Westbrook are age/athleticism related declines to keep an eye on, while Griffin and George are durability related ones.

Time to update. Again, not necessarily who I'd likely pick, but who I think it's trending towards being . . .

East: Brown/Tatum, Walker, Irving, Brogdon/Sabonis, Butler, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Embiid, Simmons, Lowry, Siakam, Beal.

West: Doncic, Jokic, Harden, Westbrook, George, Scumbag, Davis, James, Towns, Lillard, Booker, Gobert/Mitchell.
aussiewill
Rookie
And1: 179

Post#27 » by aussiewill » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am

Wow, some y'all haven't been watching this year with some of these nominations...

West

F/C- Lebron, AD, Kawhi, PG, Jokic, KAT, Ingram
G- Luka, Harden, Murray, Westbrook, Lillard
Unlucky- Mitchell and Ingram

East

F/C- Embiid, Siakim, Giannis, Tatum, Sabonis, Butler
G- Trae, Beal, Kemba,Irving, Simmons, Brogdon
Unlucky- Drummond and
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#28 » by Richard4444 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am

Davis, Jokic, Towns
LeBron, Ingram (Gobert)
George, Leonard
Harden, Mitchell, Booker (Jrue)
Luka, Dame,

Embiid, Vooch (Drummond)
Giannis, Siakam, Sabonis,
Butler, Tatum (Hayward)
Beal, Brogdon (Simmons)
Kemba, Trae, Lowry
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,335

Post#29 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 am

Multiple people have Lavine and Markkenen...I'd be shocked if the Bulls got two All-Stars with one of the worst records in the NBA.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#30 » by Yunsen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:03 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Multiple people have Lavine and Markkenen...I'd be shocked if the Bulls got two All-Stars with one of the worst records in the NBA.

Look when the majority of posts were made.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,335

Post#31 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:11 am

Yunsen wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Multiple people have Lavine and Markkenen...I'd be shocked if the Bulls got two All-Stars with one of the worst records in the NBA.

Look when the majority of posts were made.

Ahh, didn't notice that. Even so, most people knew the Bulls would be bad haha.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#32 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:08 am

Ingram has played tremendously this year. Very much so all-star level:

26/7/4/1/1 on 59.4%TS

Not saying he definitely makes it of course.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,449

Post#33 » by mtcan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 am

Simmons? Nah...he isn't an all-star this year. Putting up 12 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds with zero shooting isn't all-star worthy.

East All-Stars:
Kyrie/VANVLEET
Beal/Kemba
Butler/Tatum/Middleton
Giannis/SIAKAM/Blake
Embiid/Turner

Pay attention to Fred VanVleet...as the defacto starting point guard in Toronto...putting up 19 points and 7 assists and making winning plays. He's having a much better season than Ben Simmons.

West All-Stars:
Harden/Westbrook/Lillard
Kawhi/Doncic
Lebron/George
AD
Jokic/Towns/Gobert
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,317

Post#34 » by PistolPeteJR » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:12 am

mtcan wrote:Simmons? Nah...he isn't an all-star this year. Putting up 12 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds with zero shooting isn't all-star worthy.

East All-Stars:
Kyrie/VANVLEET
Beal/Kemba
Butler/Tatum/Middleton
Giannis/SIAKAM/Blake
Embiid/Turner

Pay attention to Fred VanVleet...as the defacto starting point guard in Toronto...putting up 19 points and 7 assists and making winning plays. He's having a much better season than Ben Simmons.

West All-Stars:
Harden/Westbrook/Lillard
Kawhi/Doncic
Lebron/George
AD
Jokic/Towns/Gobert

No way Kawhi starts over Luka if this thing is selected correctly, if voting ended today.

Luka
Harden
LeBron
AD
Jokic
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Post#35 » by asdfgh » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 am

21 TD wrote:
21 TD wrote:Not necessarily who I'd likely pick, but health willing, who I think it'll be . . .

East: Walker, Irving, Griffin, Butler, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Vucevic, Embiid, Simmons, Lowry, Siakam, Beal.

West: Jokic, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, George, Scumbag, Davis, James, Towns, Lillard, Aldridge, Gobert.

I knew Aldridge would be a popular pick to fall out, but the Spurs' depth, continuity and back loaded schedule likely means they have a better record than most non-Spurs fans project.

Lowry and Westbrook are age/athleticism related declines to keep an eye on, while Griffin and George are durability related ones.

Time to update. Again, not necessarily who I'd likely pick, but who I think it's trending towards being . . .

East: Brown/Tatum, Walker, Irving, Brogdon/Sabonis, Butler, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Embiid, Simmons, Lowry, Siakam, Beal.

West: Doncic, Jokic, Harden, Westbrook, George, Scumbag, Davis, James, Towns, Lillard, Booker, Gobert/Mitchell.

Irving? Ever since he got injured, the Nets have been a lot better. Allen or Dinwiddie should be All-Stars before Irving.
Middleton? Lowry? They've barely played this year. Simmons? He's not an All-Star. Westbrook, I'm not sure about either.
Also how is VanVleet not on your list?
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#36 » by K4P » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:19 am

mtcan wrote:Simmons? Nah...he isn't an all-star this year. Putting up 12 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds with zero shooting isn't all-star worthy.

East All-Stars:
Kyrie/VANVLEET
Beal/Kemba
Butler/Tatum/Middleton
Giannis/SIAKAM/Blake
Embiid/Turner

West All-Stars:
Harden/Westbrook/Lillard
Kawhi/Doncic
Lebron/George
AD
Jokic/Towns/Gobert

Brogdon would definitely make it over van vleet in that case
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#37 » by spicy6 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 am

asdfgh wrote:
21 TD wrote:

Irving? Ever since he got injured, the Nets have been a lot better. Allen or Dinwiddie should be All-Stars before Irving.
Middleton? Lowry? They've barely played this year. Simmons? He's not an All-Star. Westbrook, I'm not sure about either.
Also how is VanVleet not on your list?

Agreed also lillard and george shouldnt be in either as of now. Lillards team is below .500 and isnt in the playoffs and george currently is struggling and hasnt played many games yet.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#38 » by Sakkreth » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:18 am

Van Vleet and Sabonis deserve it so far out of those who aren't mentioned much.
Eric Millegan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,306

Post#39 » by Eric Millegan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:24 am

This is who I think will make it in February, not who I'd vote for now.

West:

Harden
Doncic
LeBron
AD
Mitchell
KAT
Jokic
Kawhi
PG13
Lillard
Melo
Booker

East:

Siakam
Dinwiddie
Giannis
Butler
Embiid
Kemba
Brogdon
Tristan Thompson
Trae
Simmons
Beal
Tatum
Sabonis
Check out "Around the NBA with Chris & Eric” on Underdog Podcasts.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#40 » by ThatBoyNick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:41 am

Lillard / Westbrook
Harden / Booker / Mitchell
Luka / Leonard
LBJ / George
Davis / Towns / Jokic

vs

Irving / Walker / Young