So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#221 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:54 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I did, good win by the Nuggets.

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.

You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.

I'm in Europe, I rarely watch games live, I usually watch them in the morning. Yeah, I watched it. The problem is that you think center defense is all about rim protection. Jokic is a bad rim protector, but he is not a bad defender. He just isn't, and virtually all advanced stats point to that. Is he great, or even as good as those advanced stats would make you believe? Probably not, but he is still above average overall. There is a lot that goes into defense, you can be bad at certain aspects and still come out as average or even above average overall, and Jokic is the best example of this.
CptCanada
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#222 » by CptCanada » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:57 am

What is with all the hate for Thicc Boi's?
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#223 » by mcmurphy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:48 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.

I'm in Europe, I rarely watch games live, I usually watch them in the morning. Yeah, I watched it. The problem is that you think center defense is all about rim protection. Jokic is a bad rim protector, but he is not a bad defender. He just isn't, and virtually all advanced stats point to that. Is he great, or even as good as those advanced stats would make you believe? Probably not, but he is still above average overall. There is a lot that goes into defense, you can be bad at certain aspects and still come out as average or even above average overall, and Jokic is the best example of this.

I think these guys that speak ever of rim protections are very young guys...
team defense is not only rim protection otherwise it could not be explained because the defense of Dallas would be trash when Porzingis is on-court (the worst DefRg between starters and blocking 2.7 bpg) and when is off-court the DefRtg lowered by 12 points.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,247

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#224 » by MrGoat » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:04 am

Read on Twitter

6-2 and just beat Embiid
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#225 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:14 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Wagonband wrote:Was the title of the thread really changed because the word "fat" is offensive to some? WOW

Hahaha - I'd love to know who the fatty is that reported it!

Seriously, which snowflake was that? Criticism is a good thing! Good lord, we're actively trying to counter evolution and ensuring our extinction.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#226 » by Alatan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:04 pm

In todays news: Jelly boy triumphs again! Sixers fans in shambles...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#227 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:41 pm

If Jokic is out of shape what does that say about Embiid who played 10 less minutes last night and was not nearly as effective in the 4th quarter?
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,067

Post#228 » by Sgt Major » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:47 pm

Sixers fan gibbering for days about Jokic having to be benched at the end of close games on defensive possessions. His Groundness hits a game-winning shot, draws a foul on the second best C in the league, scores 16 in the 4th quarter. He probably decided it's time to give at least a half-arsed effort.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,901

Post#229 » by RSP83 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:29 pm

who cares, he's really good
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#230 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:48 pm

he wouldn't be so fun to watch if he wasn't fat.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#231 » by Drygon » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:24 pm

This criticism is moronic tbh.

Jokic played some of the most NBA minutes last year, I think he even played 65 minutes at point during last season. And yet, it's constantly brought up how "doughy" and "unathletic" he look, even though Jokic is an MVP caliber player.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#233 » by stoo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:02 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I did, good win by the Nuggets.

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.

Jokic 38 mins, +18 2stl 2blk 1to 4pf
Embiid 28 mins -10 0stl 1blk 8to 6pf

It is high time Embiid gets in shape after few years of waiting for him and constant load management. Is he ever going to achieve being available and productive when it matters?
NotSinceWilt
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#234 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:18 pm

Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#235 » by jpengland » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:22 pm

Drygon wrote:This criticism is moronic tbh.

Jokic played some of the most NBA minutes last year, I think he even played 65 minutes at point during last season. And yet, it's constantly brought up how "doughy" and "unathletic" he look, even though Jokic is an MVP caliber player.

But what could he achieve if he was in shape...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#236 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:01 pm

jpengland wrote:
Drygon wrote:This criticism is moronic tbh.

But what could he achieve if he was in shape...

He is in shape, just because you have a view of what being in shape means that does not make it reality.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#237 » by stoo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:33 pm

TheDominator273 wrote:Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.

In Jokic's defense, thruout his whole career he is playing more minutes than almost any other nba player
NotSinceWilt
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#238 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 am

stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:

It is high time Embiid gets in shape after few years of waiting for him and constant load management. Is he ever going to achieve being available and productive when it matters?

I agree with the comment on Embiid, just not sure what it has to do with Jokic?
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,796

Post#239 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

I agree with the comment on Embiid, just not sure what it has to do with Jokic?

Read on Twitter
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#240 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 am

TheDominator273 wrote:Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.

Return to The General Board