So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter??

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
Posts: 11,796
And1: 6,445
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#221 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:54 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I did, good win by the Nuggets.

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.


You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.


I'm in Europe, I rarely watch games live, I usually watch them in the morning. Yeah, I watched it. The problem is that you think center defense is all about rim protection. Jokic is a bad rim protector, but he is not a bad defender. He just isn't, and virtually all advanced stats point to that. Is he great, or even as good as those advanced stats would make you believe? Probably not, but he is still above average overall. There is a lot that goes into defense, you can be bad at certain aspects and still come out as average or even above average overall, and Jokic is the best example of this.
CptCanada
Senior
Posts: 703
And1: 677
Joined: Apr 21, 2017
Location: Toronto
       

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#222 » by CptCanada » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:57 am

What is with all the hate for Thicc Boi's?
User avatar
mcmurphy
Rookie
Posts: 1,106
And1: 675
Joined: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Milan-Italy
   

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#223 » by mcmurphy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:48 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.


I'm in Europe, I rarely watch games live, I usually watch them in the morning. Yeah, I watched it. The problem is that you think center defense is all about rim protection. Jokic is a bad rim protector, but he is not a bad defender. He just isn't, and virtually all advanced stats point to that. Is he great, or even as good as those advanced stats would make you believe? Probably not, but he is still above average overall. There is a lot that goes into defense, you can be bad at certain aspects and still come out as average or even above average overall, and Jokic is the best example of this.


I think these guys that speak ever of rim protections are very young guys...
team defense is not only rim protection otherwise it could not be explained because the defense of Dallas would be trash when Porzingis is on-court (the worst DefRg between starters and blocking 2.7 bpg) and when is off-court the DefRtg lowered by 12 points.
MrGoat
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 61
Joined: Aug 14, 2019
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#224 » by MrGoat » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:04 am

Read on Twitter


6-2 and just beat Embiid
User avatar
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sophomore
Posts: 117
And1: 165
Joined: Sep 28, 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium
   

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#225 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:14 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Wagonband wrote:Was the title of the thread really changed because the word "fat" is offensive to some? WOW

Hahaha - I'd love to know who the fatty is that reported it!


Seriously, which snowflake was that? Criticism is a good thing! Good lord, we're actively trying to counter evolution and ensuring our extinction.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Alatan
Veteran
Posts: 2,716
And1: 2,198
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#226 » by Alatan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:04 pm

In todays news: Jelly boy triumphs again! Sixers fans in shambles...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,458
And1: 5,579
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#227 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:41 pm

If Jokic is out of shape what does that say about Embiid who played 10 less minutes last night and was not nearly as effective in the 4th quarter?
User avatar
Sgt Major
Rookie
Posts: 1,061
And1: 1,784
Joined: Nov 09, 2018
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#228 » by Sgt Major » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:47 pm

Sixers fan gibbering for days about Jokic having to be benched at the end of close games on defensive possessions. His Groundness hits a game-winning shot, draws a foul on the second best C in the league, scores 16 in the 4th quarter. He probably decided it's time to give at least a half-arsed effort.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
User avatar
RSP83
Analyst
Posts: 3,104
And1: 1,423
Joined: Sep 14, 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
       

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#229 » by RSP83 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:29 pm

who cares, he's really good
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 11,733
And1: 10,738
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#230 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:48 pm

he wouldn't be so fun to watch if he wasn't fat.
Drygon
Rookie
Posts: 1,077
And1: 1,934
Joined: Dec 18, 2018

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#231 » by Drygon » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:24 pm

This criticism is moronic tbh.

Jokic played some of the most NBA minutes last year, I think he even played 65 minutes at point during last season. And yet, it's constantly brought up how "doughy" and "unathletic" he look, even though Jokic is an MVP caliber player.
User avatar
stoo
Senior
Posts: 587
And1: 331
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#233 » by stoo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:02 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I did, good win by the Nuggets.

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.


You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.


Jokic 38 mins, +18 2stl 2blk 1to 4pf
Embiid 28 mins -10 0stl 1blk 8to 6pf

It is high time Embiid gets in shape after few years of waiting for him and constant load management. Is he ever going to achieve being available and productive when it matters?
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzliesPelicansSuns
User avatar
TheDominator273
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,441
And1: 771
Joined: Jul 08, 2015
       

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#234 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:18 pm

Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.
jpengland
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,396
And1: 4,522
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
   

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#235 » by jpengland » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:22 pm

Drygon wrote:This criticism is moronic tbh.

Jokic played some of the most NBA minutes last year, I think he even played 65 minutes at point during last season. And yet, it's constantly brought up how "doughy" and "unathletic" he look, even though Jokic is an MVP caliber player.


But what could he achieve if he was in shape...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,458
And1: 5,579
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#236 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:01 pm

jpengland wrote:
Drygon wrote:This criticism is moronic tbh.

Jokic played some of the most NBA minutes last year, I think he even played 65 minutes at point during last season. And yet, it's constantly brought up how "doughy" and "unathletic" he look, even though Jokic is an MVP caliber player.


But what could he achieve if he was in shape...


He is in shape, just because you have a view of what being in shape means that does not make it reality.
User avatar
stoo
Senior
Posts: 587
And1: 331
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#237 » by stoo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:33 pm

TheDominator273 wrote:Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.


In Jokic's defense, thruout his whole career he is playing more minutes than almost any other nba player
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzliesPelicansSuns
TheBallsDeeper
Pro Prospect
Posts: 987
And1: 1,098
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
       

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#238 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 am

stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.


Jokic 38 mins, +18 2stl 2blk 1to 4pf
Embiid 28 mins -10 0stl 1blk 8to 6pf

It is high time Embiid gets in shape after few years of waiting for him and constant load management. Is he ever going to achieve being available and productive when it matters?

I agree with the comment on Embiid, just not sure what it has to do with Jokic?
Sharkboy242
Senior
Posts: 630
And1: 813
Joined: Feb 19, 2017
   

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#239 » by Sharkboy242 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.


Jokic 38 mins, +18 2stl 2blk 1to 4pf
Embiid 28 mins -10 0stl 1blk 8to 6pf

It is high time Embiid gets in shape after few years of waiting for him and constant load management. Is he ever going to achieve being available and productive when it matters?

I agree with the comment on Embiid, just not sure what it has to do with Jokic?

Read on Twitter
spikeslovechild
Head Coach
Posts: 7,390
And1: 3,477
Joined: Dec 16, 2013
Location: Right here waiting for you

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#240 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 am

TheDominator273 wrote:Those defending Jokic by pointing to him playing more minutes than Embiid seem to forget that Embiid's conditioning is also criticized.


Image
LeFraud: I have this platform, and I'm somebody that has a voice of command, and the only way for us to get better as a society and for us to get better as people is love. And that's the only way we're going to be able to conquer something as one.

Return to The General Board