Mavs looking legit

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will the Mavs make the 2020 playoffs?

Yes, Mavs will make the playoffs
68%
No, Mavs will not make the playoffs
15%
I'm not sure if the Mavs will make the playoffs
17%

Total votes: 356

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,417

Re: Mavs looking legit 

Post#481 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:45 am

GeorgeMarcus' advanced stats looking super legit.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Post#482 » by Archx » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 am

Lalouie wrote:is this an epiphany for carlisle?

does carsisle retweak the offense for when luka comes back
or
does the offense revert back to the luka runs everything offense
or
will luka change on his own after watching his mavs

They play the same, just Brunson took over Doncic's duties. But that's also a problem. You could see it in the 4th Q vs MIA and BOS. They really lacked that extra superstar power that they get with Luka. Because they were out of ideas when teams started pressuring them, and no one can also draw fouls like Luka on this team. So he is vital to this team's success and i can't see them changing anything when he gets back. They shouldn't really.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,872

Post#483 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:GeorgeMarcus' advanced stats looking super legit.

1st, never encourage George. :D

2nd, not really. We already knew how good the Mavs bench was able to play without Luka. This says nothing negative about Luka at all. It just shows that Rick Carlisle knows how to get good offense out of a turnip and it doesn't take a genius to say let's try zone against Philly and see if they can solve it. They could not.

But everyone needs to calm down with this being a referendum on Luka.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,677

Post#484 » by Swish1906 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:53 am

Put Luka in the Philly game and they are blowing them out...
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,286

Post#485 » by Coach Carter » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 am

I don't know if it's because of cuban, but prior to drafting luka, i had a feeling this organisation will bounce bk and now they look a real threat to the la teams. Wouldn't be crazy to think a chip is coming in the next 2-3 years.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,872

Post#486 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 am

Coach Carter wrote:I don't know if it's because of cuban, but prior to drafting luka, i had a feeling this organisation will bounce bk and now they look a real threat to the la teams. Wouldn't be crazy to think a chip is coming in the next 2-3 years.

I mean Cuban is an above average owner imo--willing to spend, way ahead of the curve on analytics, hires the best people and lets them do their job and doesn't make changes just to make changes.

But this team was going nowhere and fast without Luka. They had no good veterans and their only young player of note was DSJ who has proven to be a total bust. And if 3 organizations hadn't of absolutely lost their minds in the 2018 draft they'd still be nowhere.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#487 » by jehosafats » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:42 am

Compared to the moves other teams were making they were an afterthought. They looked like a middling chemistry experiment, similar to Phoenix or Boston, not a contender. Now they're beating good teams with their best player on the bench. Always a good sign.

Return to The General Board