[Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

User avatar
Yogatti
Pro Prospect
Posts: 924
And1: 1,747
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#161 » by Yogatti » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:24 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
"Curry added KD because why the hell not?" See the problem. You can't accuse Curry and then defend Kawhi... That's blatant hipocrisy.


Curry added KD after he choked a 3-1 lead in the finals. Begged Kevin Durant to join him so he doesn’t get embarrassed again

Kawhi added Paul George after winning a title.


I'd love to see the evidence of that. Oh wait there isn't any? Didn't think so :lol: Baseless narratives out the ass.


THe evidence is Kevin Durant joining team and Wardell handing the keys to franchise to him
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,994
And1: 28,181
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#162 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:26 pm

Yogatti wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
So don’t make him out as some kind of all-time great when he doesn’t even have a FMVP. And it’s not only MJ that thinks this way. The Warriors owner agreed with him when MJ said it right in his face.


This is the definition of a straw man argument. Please point out in any of these posts in this thread by me where Im making the argument that Curry is an all time great. My entire push back this entire time is the absurd notion that Curry is sitting out the season because he is afraid that he will get exposed that he cant carry a team.

There is a massive middle ground between, being able to carry a team without being exposed and all time great. Again still waiting for the list of players that can carry their team.


That’s pretty much what happened in the first 4 games this season. All of them were blowouts proving Curry can’t carry a team


495 games prior to KD vs 3.5 games this season. Ya Id also go with the 3.5 game sample size as well...
nikster
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,486
And1: 4,046
Joined: Sep 08, 2013

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#163 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:26 pm

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Yogatti wrote:And he added Paul George because why the hell not?


"Curry added KD because why the hell not?" See the problem. You can't accuse Curry and then defend Kawhi... That's blatant hipocrisy.


Curry added KD after he choked a 3-1 lead in the finals. Begged Kevin Durant to join him so he doesn’t get embarrassed again

Kawhi added Paul George after winning a title.

So if Curry won the title it would have been cool to add KD?

And if Kawhis bounce doesn't drop against 76ers, or if KD doesn't go down, and Raptors lose it wouldn't have been okay to add PG?
nikster
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,486
And1: 4,046
Joined: Sep 08, 2013

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#164 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:27 pm

Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
Kawhi left a championship team. When’s the last time a superstar FMVP left a team after winning a title. NEVER

And he added Paul George because why the hell not?

Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen. Lebron has Wade and Kyrie Irving. Kevin DUrany joined the Warriors.

And don’t even get me started on the team Larry Bird and Magic Johnson had in the 80s

Curry: "he's so soft he wants no part of a team unless it's stacked"

Kawhi: "of course he wants to play on a stacked team, why the hell not"

And somehow you won't even see the irony


Kawhi didn’t choose to join the Raptors. He was banished to Toronto. He went there, didn’t pout or whine like Kyrie and AD did. He played hard and won a championship.

Okay so he played for stacked teams his whole career, then finally has a choice in free agency and once again creates a stacked team....
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 12,817
And1: 14,262
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#165 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:27 pm

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
Curry added KD after he choked a 3-1 lead in the finals. Begged Kevin Durant to join him so he doesn’t get embarrassed again

Kawhi added Paul George after winning a title.


I'd love to see the evidence of that. Oh wait there isn't any? Didn't think so :lol: Baseless narratives out the ass.


THe evidence is Kevin Durant joining team and Wardell handing the keys to franchise to him


More baseless bull **** :noway: A lot of logical fallacies, such as your assumption that KD joining the Warriors means Curry begged for it to happen. Nope. Beyond that, Curry still had the keys to the franchise as he was still their leading scoring option during their time together and is the one still wearing a Warriors uniform. KD himself said it was still Curry's team while he was there.

Anyway I'm tapping out again. I just wanted to try and demonstrate to you why your logic made no sense, in hopes that maybe you would improve your critical thinking.
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

The Legend of George Marcus
User avatar
Eddy_JukeZ
RealGM
Posts: 13,822
And1: 9,362
Joined: Oct 05, 2013
         

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#166 » by Eddy_JukeZ » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:28 pm

The constant statement of how Curry was going to get exposed this year is some of the biggest nonsense I've ever seen.

You guys know he did win a title before KD and led the Warriors to 73-9 and had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever right?
Bank Shot
RealGM
Posts: 12,462
And1: 6,232
Joined: Jun 24, 2007
Location: NYC

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#167 » by Bank Shot » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:28 pm

The Warriors' dynasty really did a number on some people. Geez. So, so much salt.

It's Bucher, so this means nothing. Guy straight up makes stuff up.
2019-2020 TOP 150, SLEEPERS, PROJECTIONS, AND PUNTING GUIDES NOW UP!!!
For Rankings, Sleepers, and Team Building advice visit:

http://www.EliteFantasyBasketball.com
User avatar
Yogatti
Pro Prospect
Posts: 924
And1: 1,747
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#168 » by Yogatti » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:29 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
I'd love to see the evidence of that. Oh wait there isn't any? Didn't think so :lol: Baseless narratives out the ass.


THe evidence is Kevin Durant joining team and Wardell handing the keys to franchise to him


More baseless bull **** :noway: A lot of logical fallacies, such as your assumption that KD joining the Warriors means Curry begged for it to happen. Nope. Beyond that, Curry still had the keys to the franchise as he was still their leading scoring option during their time together and is the one still wearing a Warriors uniform. KD himself said it was still Curry's team while he was there.

Anyway I'm tapping out again. I just wanted to try and demonstrate to you why your logic made no sense, in hopes that maybe you would improve your critical thinking.


Why add another MVP to your team if you had the keys to your franchise then.
User avatar
Yogatti
Pro Prospect
Posts: 924
And1: 1,747
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#169 » by Yogatti » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:30 pm

nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:Curry: "he's so soft he wants no part of a team unless it's stacked"

Kawhi: "of course he wants to play on a stacked team, why the hell not"

And somehow you won't even see the irony


Kawhi didn’t choose to join the Raptors. He was banished to Toronto. He went there, didn’t pout or whine like Kyrie and AD did. He played hard and won a championship.

Okay so he played for stacked teams his whole career, then finally has a choice in free agency and once again creates a stacked team....


They weren’t stacked when Lebron swept them in the playoffs
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,994
And1: 28,181
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#170 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:32 pm

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:The constant statement of how Curry was going to get exposed this year is some of the biggest nonsense I've ever seen.

You guys know he did win a title before KD and led the Warriors to 73-9 and had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever right?


Ya but the 3.5 game sample size of this season trumps all of that. Dont you know that.
NY2k1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,953
And1: 359
Joined: Dec 21, 2011

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#171 » by NY2k1 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:35 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Wow people still going with the whole "Curry would get exposed without a super team" narrative I see. This is for the guy that

Took the laughingstock that was the GS Warriors to the playoffs multiple times and a 50+ win season with Mark Jackson as his coach. The guy that took 1st year starter Draymond Green and only Klay Thompson as his other all star and Harrison Barnes as one of his starters to a 67 win season in which he won the MVP and GS won the freaking championship that year. Then followed that up with winning a record 73 wins in the regular season, winning the first ever unanimous MVP and going to game 7 of the finals that year.

His resume before KD ever joined and before GS ever had a "super team"

3x all nba (2x 1st team)
2x MVP (first ever unanimous)
Champion
2x Western conference champion
3x all star

Ya that dude needed this year to prove he can carry his own team. Man some of the arguments on this place has gotten so far from actual evidence based and so far to over the top First Take-esque level of narrative based only, its kind of hard to watch.


I've come to realize that some people here will believe whatever they want to fit their own narrative, even if it's so far from reality.
Peregrine01
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,673
And1: 1,346
Joined: Sep 12, 2012

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#172 » by Peregrine01 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:39 pm

Dupp wrote:Dude protecting his legacy at all costs. Weak.


It’s not all up to the player. Jordan sat out pretty much all of the 86 season. Actually, he wanted to play much earlier but the Bulls made him sit out to try to get a high draft pick. The Bulls were bad but not bad enough in a 23 team league, got swept by the Celtics in the playoffs and ended up with the 9th pick.
User avatar
JShuttlesworth
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,056
And1: 5,064
Joined: Dec 09, 2013
Location: 6ix 6ide
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#173 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:40 pm

Imagine a broken hand causes you to miss 8 months of basketball....what a joke.

Thats 51, 69, and 4 games played respectively over the last 3 years. The injuries that Steph battled with early in his career are back in full force.
NY2k1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,953
And1: 359
Joined: Dec 21, 2011

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#174 » by NY2k1 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:43 pm

Yogatti, please take your L and go home - lol

I hope to god you're just trolling and not actually just THIS stupid.
User avatar
NeoWarriors
Veteran
Posts: 2,639
And1: 1,281
Joined: Aug 25, 2015
Location: San Jose, CA
       

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#175 » by NeoWarriors » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 9,303
And1: 8,132
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#176 » by GhostOfChicago » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:55 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Me reading this thread and all the Curry hot takes of how he has been exposed how he cant carry a team without KD

Image


He won a championship as the #1 option. It's indeed a wild take.
Image
The best there ever was. The best there ever will be.
Bank Shot
RealGM
Posts: 12,462
And1: 6,232
Joined: Jun 24, 2007
Location: NYC

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#177 » by Bank Shot » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:57 pm

Bucher turning out to be wrong is a very shocking develoment. What a completely unforseen turn of events.
2019-2020 TOP 150, SLEEPERS, PROJECTIONS, AND PUNTING GUIDES NOW UP!!!
For Rankings, Sleepers, and Team Building advice visit:

http://www.EliteFantasyBasketball.com
nikster
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,486
And1: 4,046
Joined: Sep 08, 2013

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#178 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:02 pm

Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
Kawhi didn’t choose to join the Raptors. He was banished to Toronto. He went there, didn’t pout or whine like Kyrie and AD did. He played hard and won a championship.

Okay so he played for stacked teams his whole career, then finally has a choice in free agency and once again creates a stacked team....


They weren’t stacked when Lebron swept them in the playoffs

Okay lol, 58 win team addresses its biggest weaknesses by getting Gasol and Green and on top of that adding a superstar.

earlier your talking up Russell Draymond and a bunch of scrubs as if thats a good supporting cast
User avatar
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
Posts: 21,622
And1: 15,841
Joined: Aug 03, 2008
Location: Formerly Mats272-Goat until I found Sofia The First...
 

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#179 » by Sofia » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:02 pm

I’m sure he googles his own name, so let me just say

Eat **** Bucher. Never stop being always wrong.

I’m still waiting for the NBA to bring in the $50k minimum contracts like Bucher said was guaranteed to be happening back when the lockout happened.
TEAM FINNA
Sofia wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:I’ll just say it... you’re a top 5 worst poster on this site

I’m top 3 at worst
NatiboyB
Pro Prospect
Posts: 761
And1: 232
Joined: Jun 15, 2013

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#180 » by NatiboyB » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:03 pm

Bank Shot wrote:Bucher turning out to be wrong is a very shocking develoment. What a completely unforseen turn of events.


I don’t trust Rick Bucher but would the Warriors really come out this early and say he was out for the season or would it be more reasonable for them to say we will reevaluate at a later date and make a determination.
Plus I’m sure they have ticket packages they are still trying to sell.

Return to The General Board