KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

User avatar
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sophomore
Posts: 115
And1: 160
Joined: Sep 28, 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium
   

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#61 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:59 am

I don't know what people are watching but Kuzma's value is much more than that of just a mere shooter. His cuts, length and ability to drive keeps defenses scrambling. Not just that, he's also not a defensive liability like people say. His youth, cheap contract, length, upside, shooting stroke etc are extremely valuable. The guy along with Dwight led the Lakers comeback last game against the Bulls. He was exceptional there. Some really pathetic takes here.

As for KCP though.... HOT trash... Imagine having an actual shooter jnstead of KCP. Lakers would be blowing out teams.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
C0bR
Senior
Posts: 705
And1: 353
Joined: Jan 16, 2013

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#62 » by C0bR » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:49 am

Kuzma has always been hot garbage. If he was drafted by Charlotte nobody would know that he exists. He merely leveraged LA instragram fame into minutes on a garbage team.
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 43,105
And1: 28,762
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#63 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:02 am

Kuzma was the most overrated prospect in the league the past few years. He was on a bad team racking up points on low efficiency while playing no defence. But the media had already declared him a future HOFer because he played for the Lakers.
User avatar
stoo
Senior
Posts: 587
And1: 331
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#64 » by stoo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:02 am

kuz will be a trade asset this year
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzliesPelicansSuns
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,941
And1: 2,487
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#65 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:KCP has never been good.

I don't know why the hell the Lakers resigned him. Stupid move.

Kuz isn't bad he was just severely overrated by Lakers fans. He can still be a good role player.

But people were trying to say he was gonna be a potential all star. He was never that good.


The stupid part was giving KCP a no-trade clause. That hurt us last year and Pelinka did it again.

Kuzma is an instant scorer but he needs more games to get to game condition. This is just his 3rd game and still on minutes restriction. The guy missed a ton of preseason and more than half of the RS recovering from an injury. It’s not fair to judge him right now.

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
freethedevil
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,086
And1: 2,099
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#66 » by freethedevil » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:08 pm

PockyCandy wrote:Kuzma is coming back from an injury that sidelined him for the entire preseason. He's rusty and will improve.

But KCP.............yeesh.

He was a negative defener who doesn't create for teammates and scores in middling effiency before his injury. What makes you think any of that is changing? If you can get a good 3 and d wing for him, do it, your perimiter is your achilles heel
Triple M
Head Coach
Posts: 7,107
And1: 699
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: 1994 of an Alternate Universe World Seres Parade
         

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#67 » by Triple M » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:51 pm

Dr Aki wrote:the lakers just held the heat to 35% shooting (17% from 3pt) and this all y'all can talk about?


I was surprised to see this thread because the Lakers are playing well with a 7 gm winning streak. Usually, this would pop up after a loss or a few losses
alexb618
Rookie
Posts: 1,132
And1: 856
Joined: Mar 07, 2005
Location: +618
 

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#68 » by alexb618 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:07 pm

kuzma looks like a soundcloud rapper, if his game doesnt improve maybe thats what he might end up doing
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,941
And1: 2,487
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#69 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:11 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:I don't know what people are watching but Kuzma's value is much more than that of just a mere shooter. His cuts, length and ability to drive keeps defenses scrambling. Not just that, he's also not a defensive liability like people say. His youth, cheap contract, length, upside, shooting stroke etc are extremely valuable. The guy along with Dwight led the Lakers comeback last game against the Bulls. He was exceptional there. Some really pathetic takes here.

As for KCP though.... HOT trash... Imagine having an actual shooter jnstead of KCP. Lakers would be blowing out teams.


Yup. The Lakers kept Kuzma because of his upside and contract size.

As for KCP, he got a 2 year contract, why doesn’t he focus on defense like Avery Bradley and don’t chuck shots up. That’s his value. Then only take open 3s when Bron or AD throws it out.

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,941
And1: 2,487
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#70 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:13 pm

Triple M wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:the lakers just held the heat to 35% shooting (17% from 3pt) and this all y'all can talk about?


I was surprised to see this thread because the Lakers are playing well with a 7 gm winning streak. Usually, this would pop up after a loss or a few losses


Crazy potential with this team. The offense is sputtering but we are on a 7 game win streak. Imagine when the offense starts clicking. We are going to blow a few teams out by 30.

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Pharmcat
RealGM
Posts: 46,330
And1: 4,912
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#71 » by Pharmcat » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:16 pm

Kcp is just garbage ...waste of valuable cap space money
Image
LipSkinMatter
Senior
Posts: 688
And1: 953
Joined: Apr 24, 2019
       

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#72 » by LipSkinMatter » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:22 pm

chitownsalesmen wrote:
IgorK wrote:KCP is notorious for slow starts with us.

Kuz.. boy I sure hope it's the 'coming back from injury' issue. I never cared for his game - as someone above said, he's just another Clarkson in my view (empty stat stuffer, not winner)



Yeah I never understood the idea that Kuzma was some how more valuable then Ingram or Ball. Ingram especially just has soooo much higher potential.


Ingram was always more valuable than Kuzma, hence why NO wanted Ingram over Kuzma.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,761
And1: 20,967
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#73 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:31 pm

Don Ford wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.


Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...


Kuzma is in his 3rd year in the league. He averaged 16 pts on 45%/37%/71% his first year and 19 pts on 46%/30%/75% his second year. On the other hand, Lou Williams averaged 2 pts his first year and 4 pts his second year. The point is that you're assuming that Kuzma is a finished product after two years in the league, just like people were last year with Ingram and the year before with DLO and we see how that turned out.

And , yes, Lou is a better player at this point than Kuzma but you making it sound like the comparison is ridiculous shows how much you underrate Kuzma. These were their numbers last year.

Lou - 20 PPG / 43% FG / 36% 3pt / 88% FT
Kuz - 19 PPG / 46% FG / 30% 3pt / 75% FT


:lol:

Lou Will came straight out of High School, why are you comparing his early career stats vs a guy who went to college for 3 years?
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,941
And1: 2,487
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#74 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:40 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Don Ford wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...


Kuzma is in his 3rd year in the league. He averaged 16 pts on 45%/37%/71% his first year and 19 pts on 46%/30%/75% his second year. On the other hand, Lou Williams averaged 2 pts his first year and 4 pts his second year. The point is that you're assuming that Kuzma is a finished product after two years in the league, just like people were last year with Ingram and the year before with DLO and we see how that turned out.

And , yes, Lou is a better player at this point than Kuzma but you making it sound like the comparison is ridiculous shows how much you underrate Kuzma. These were their numbers last year.

Lou - 20 PPG / 43% FG / 36% 3pt / 88% FT
Kuz - 19 PPG / 46% FG / 30% 3pt / 75% FT


:lol:

Lou Will came straight out of High School, why are you comparing his early career stats vs a guy who went to college for 3 years?


Lou NBA career:

4th year: 12.8 PPG / 44 FG / 29 3PT / 79 FT
5th year: 14 PPG / 53 FG / 34 3PT / 82 FT


What he is saying is how about we give Kuzma more time to recover from his injury and improve his game on offense and defense as he is projecting higher and the Lakers FO love his game.

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
tsirigoj
Junior
Posts: 407
And1: 138
Joined: Apr 18, 2014
     

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#75 » by tsirigoj » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:54 pm

A lot of the mistakes Kuz made weren't "I'm just back from injury mistakes.

He was walking with the ball, goaltended one of AD's shots that was going in, turning the ball over at an alarming pace, blowing defensive assignments, and sometimes passing when he was wide open for a shot (and other times shooting when he should have passed).

You may say he needs to get the "feel for the game" back, but c'mon, it's not like he was out that long.
User avatar
chitownsalesmen
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 446
Joined: Apr 16, 2012

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#76 » by chitownsalesmen » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:59 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
chitownsalesmen wrote:
IgorK wrote:KCP is notorious for slow starts with us.

Kuz.. boy I sure hope it's the 'coming back from injury' issue. I never cared for his game - as someone above said, he's just another Clarkson in my view (empty stat stuffer, not winner)



Yeah I never understood the idea that Kuzma was some how more valuable then Ingram or Ball. Ingram especially just has soooo much higher potential.


Ingram was always more valuable than Kuzma, hence why NO wanted Ingram over Kuzma.


I mean too me, I always had Ingram over Kuzma, but a lot of people I know were saying Kuzma had more value then Ingram.
You either pimping the system, or gettin' pimped by the system.
We don't want a piece of the pie we want control of the kitchen.
LipSkinMatter
Senior
Posts: 688
And1: 953
Joined: Apr 24, 2019
       

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#77 » by LipSkinMatter » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:03 pm

chitownsalesmen wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
chitownsalesmen wrote:

Yeah I never understood the idea that Kuzma was some how more valuable then Ingram or Ball. Ingram especially just has soooo much higher potential.


Ingram was always more valuable than Kuzma, hence why NO wanted Ingram over Kuzma.


I mean too me, I always had Ingram over Kuzma, but a lot of people I know were saying Kuzma had more value then Ingram.


I think that's because Ingram needs the ball in his hands a decent amount to be effective and that was never happening with LeBron and Davis on the team.
Don Ford
Veteran
Posts: 2,889
And1: 800
Joined: Jun 04, 2008
     

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#78 » by Don Ford » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:48 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Don Ford wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...


Kuzma is in his 3rd year in the league. He averaged 16 pts on 45%/37%/71% his first year and 19 pts on 46%/30%/75% his second year. On the other hand, Lou Williams averaged 2 pts his first year and 4 pts his second year. The point is that you're assuming that Kuzma is a finished product after two years in the league, just like people were last year with Ingram and the year before with DLO and we see how that turned out.

And , yes, Lou is a better player at this point than Kuzma but you making it sound like the comparison is ridiculous shows how much you underrate Kuzma. These were their numbers last year.

Lou - 20 PPG / 43% FG / 36% 3pt / 88% FT
Kuz - 19 PPG / 46% FG / 30% 3pt / 75% FT


:lol:

Lou Will came straight out of High School, why are you comparing his early career stats vs a guy who went to college for 3 years?


Fair enough. But Lou was also 30 years old before he averaged as many points as Kuzma did in his first year at age 23.
LakersSoul
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,941
And1: 2,487
Joined: Jul 03, 2016

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#79 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:56 pm

tsirigoj wrote:A lot of the mistakes Kuz made weren't "I'm just back from injury mistakes.

He was walking with the ball, goaltended one of AD's shots that was going in, turning the ball over at an alarming pace, blowing defensive assignments, and sometimes passing when he was wide open for a shot (and other times shooting when he should have passed).

You may say he needs to get the "feel for the game" back, but c'mon, it's not like he was out that long.


You mean Kuzma wasn’t sharp?

These three games were his first taste of nba action since last season. He had no preseason and no team workouts because of the injury. What are you talking about?

"LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
God Squad
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,469
And1: 836
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Toronto
 

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#80 » by God Squad » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:56 pm

Kuzma definitely a player and useful. But KCP is terrible. Avery Bradley has also been a positive surprise.

Return to The General Board