Better Team: 76ers or Heat?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's Better, The 76ers or Heat?

76ers
61%
Heat
27%
Equal
3%
I don't know
9%

Total votes: 240

Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Re: Better Team: 76ers or Heat? 

Post#101 » by Snotbubbles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Zman80000 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Wrong twice.

Those are this year's numbers. 76ers with Embiid on the court and the Heat with Butler on the court. Also, these are per 100 possessions numbers so they aren't "raw".

If you're so confident in the 76ers offense why don't we have a wager? If the Heat end up with a higher offensive efficiency than the 76ers when the season ends, you put in your signature "Feel_The_Heat15 is an excellent analyst"?

Small sample size.
Good Boy is correct.
If the Heat have a better record when they both have played 41 games. I'll agree the Heat are better.
But, it's laughable to even go here, based on this small of a sample size.

But, you are making me laugh, so carry on you lovable gigantic homer.

Why isn't the sample size too small to state that the 76ers are better than the Heat?

It is. This thread should be closed.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man

Post#102 » by Snotbubbles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:43 pm

CoP wrote:
dautjazz wrote:I dont know but man some Philly fans were cocky as hell to start the year. I think they are a little worse than last year.

Many people said the Sixers might struggle with 4th quarter scoring with Butler and Redick gone, but a lot of Sixers fans didnt want to hear it. They said Richardson is better than Redick, Harris would step up and they have Horford

Sixers are 24th in 4th quarter scoring thus far this season: https://on.nba.com/2WuMyHj

In the 3 games the Sixers had all their starters, they averaged 26.0 4th quarter points (good for 18th in the league). However, they also have only given up 20.7 4th quarter points which gives them a 5.3 differential (good for 1st in the league).

It's kind of pointless to try and make judgments on teams this early in the game. I'm more concerned with how they match up against the Celtics (pretty well it seemed) or Bucks or Raptors than how their 4th quarter scoring is after 11 games when they haven't ran a full squad out there for most of those games.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#103 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
CoP wrote:
dautjazz wrote:I dont know but man some Philly fans were cocky as hell to start the year. I think they are a little worse than last year.

Many people said the Sixers might struggle with 4th quarter scoring with Butler and Redick gone, but a lot of Sixers fans didnt want to hear it. They said Richardson is better than Redick, Harris would step up and they have Horford

Sixers are 24th in 4th quarter scoring thus far this season: https://on.nba.com/2WuMyHj

In the 3 games the Sixers had all their starters, they averaged 26.0 4th quarter points (good for 18th in the league). However, they also have only given up 20.7 4th quarter points which gives them a 5.3 differential (good for 1st in the league).

It's kind of pointless to try and make judgments on teams this early in the game. I'm more concerned with how they match up against the Celtics (pretty well it seemed) or Bucks or Raptors than how their 4th quarter scoring is after 11 games when they haven't ran a full squad out there for most of those games.

Many teams haven't been healthy to start the season. The Celtics are without Hayward, Winslow, Jones Jr. and James Johnson for the Heat have been out for more than half the season, Middleton for the Bucks will be out for a while and the Raptors are without Lowry and Ibaka currently. Out of the top 5 teams in the East, the 76ers are probably the healthiest team so you can't complain about not having all your starters.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,343

Post#104 » by CoP » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
CoP wrote:

It's not pointless. I agree that it's still early in the season, but it is a valid early-season indicator of some potential issues that several posters brought up with the Sixers' offseason changes, supported by 4th quarter production last year (Butler and Redick were big contributors) and analyzing who would provide that 4th quarter production this season. Horford has helped fill that gap, but considering the early-season production of Harris and Richardson, the analysis has merit.

Given your logic, no analysis of any team or player should be made at this early point in the season. Which means RealGM should shut down until the All Star break, or something.

Also, 18th in the league with all their starters isn't that good, considering that you're measuring the Sixers with all their starters vs. 29 other teams with and without all starters. The Sixers were 11th in 4th quarter scoring last season overall, which includes with and without all starters.

The differential is a good point, although again it is measuring the Sixers with all their starters vs. all other teams with and without starters. So it's not a valid comparison. Overall the Sixers are 17th in 4th quarter +/- with -0.5. If you hone in just on how starters perform, then the Sixers are 11th with 0.6 (Source: https://on.nba.com/350WYRZ). All that said, the Sixers' defense looks great and I think the team's championship hopes will ride on how well it can perform in the playoffs.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#105 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Heat. They have a team with an actual PG or 2 even. Much better shooters at every position but maybe center depending on who is starting.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by Snotbubbles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
CoP wrote:Many people said the Sixers might struggle with 4th quarter scoring with Butler and Redick gone, but a lot of Sixers fans didnt want to hear it. They said Richardson is better than Redick, Harris would step up and they have Horford

Many teams haven't been healthy to start the season. The Celtics are without Hayward, Winslow, Jones Jr. and James Johnson for the Heat have been out for more than half the season, Middleton for the Bucks will be out for a while and the Raptors are without Lowry and Ibaka currently. Out of the top 5 teams in the East, the 76ers are probably the healthiest team so you can't complain about not having all your starters.

So we're comparing Justice Winslow, Derrick Jones and James Jones to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons? Guys like Hayward, Middleton and Lowry are a little better, but none are even close to the on floor impact of Embiid. Embiid is a top 10 player in the league. C'mon man, a little common sense here.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man

Post#107 » by Snotbubbles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:50 pm

CoP wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
CoP wrote:Many people said the Sixers might struggle with 4th quarter scoring with Butler and Redick gone, but a lot of Sixers fans didnt want to hear it. They said Richardson is better than Redick, Harris would step up and they have Horford

It's not pointless. I agree that it's still early in the season, but it is a valid early-season indicator of some potential issues that several posters brought up with the Sixers' offseason changes, supported by 4th quarter production last year (Butler and Redick were big contributors) and analyzing who would provide that 4th quarter production this season. Horford has helped fill that gap, but considering the early-season production of Harris and Richardson, the analysis has merit.

Given your logic, no analysis of any team or player should be made at this early point in the season. Which means RealGM should shut down until the All Star break, or something.

Also, 18th in the league with all their starters isn't that good, considering that you're measuring the Sixers with all their starters vs. 29 other teams with and without all starters. The Sixers were 11th in 4th quarter scoring last season overall, which includes with and without all starters.

The differential is a good point, although again it is measuring the Sixers with all their starters vs. all other teams with and without starters. So it's not a valid comparison. Overall the Sixers are 17th in 4th quarter +/- with -0.5. If you hone in just on how starters perform, then the Sixers are 11th with 0.6 (Source: https://on.nba.com/350WYRZ). All that said, the Sixers' defense looks great and I think the team's championship hopes will ride on how well it can perform in the playoffs.

You can analyze, but you did so without context. Also, when you are analyzing using statistics, you have to have a relevant sample size. 3 games isn't that. So again, you can analyze all you want, but the numbers you are using have little to no merit at this point. Analyze away.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,343

Post#108 » by CoP » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
CoP wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:

You can analyze, but you did so without context. Also, when you are analyzing using statistics, you have to have a relevant sample size. 3 games isn't that. So again, you can analyze all you want, but the numbers you are using have little to no merit at this point. Analyze away.

Thanks. In my opinion, a relevant and realistic sample size for the Sixers must include games that Embiid misses. I'd argue that there's less context in cherry-picking only games when Embiid is playing, simply because he has a history of regularly missing games. In each of the last 2 years he's missed more than 20% of games.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:

So we're comparing Justice Winslow, Derrick Jones and James Jones to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons? Guys like Hayward, Middleton and Lowry are a little better, but none are even close to the on floor impact of Embiid. Embiid is a top 10 player in the league. C'mon man, a little common sense here.

Embiid was out for 3 games and Simmons was out for 2. You're making it seem like your team is suffering from injuries. Also, Butler was out for 3 games too.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#110 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 am

Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:04 am

youngcrev wrote:Image

Still got a better record than the 76ers and we didn't lose to 2 under .500 teams back to back this season. 76ers were playing like this was game 7 season of the Finals whIle we had fun playing like this was preseason. The enjoyment of this win won't last long for you.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#112 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:08 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Still got a better record than the 76ers and we didn't lose to 2 under .500 teams back to back this season. 76ers were playing like this was game 7 season of the Finals whIle we had fun playing like this was preseason. The enjoyment of this win won't last long for you.

Thank you, oh wise fortune teller.

9-1 with Embiid and Simmons in the lineup, and our only loss went OT. I guess we can predict roughly 90% winning from here on out.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Tanks1
Junior
And1: 260

Post#113 » by Tanks1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 am

:lol: :lol: love the comments in this thread.......

How you feel now?

10, 9, 8, 76ers!!!!!!
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#114 » by Black Mage » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:19 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Better hope that's not how the young guys took this game. Jimmy McBuckets doesn't tolerate loafers, keep it up and the Heat will have a bigger problem than getting their brains beaten in by the Sixers.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#115 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:22 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

:lol:
You had to know something was coming after tonight for this dumb ass thread.

I hold no ill-will towards the Heat. Enjoy Jimmy and a possible 2nd round appearance.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:23 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

9-1 with Embiid and Simmons in the lineup, and our only loss went OT. I guess we can predict roughly 90% winning from here on out.

Magically, all of your team's weaknesses disappeared tonight. It's obvious that 76ers players just wanted this more because they were playing the Heat. 2 more games this regular season and I doubt only 1 player on our team will be able to make 3s again in the next 2 games.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:28 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Magically, all of your team's weaknesses disappeared tonight. It's obvious that 76ers players just wanted this more because they were playing the Heat. 2 more games this regular season and I doubt only 1 player on our team will be able to make 3s again in the next 2 games.

Our weaknesses have been playing without our best players. It's clear how dangerous the team is when healthy/active.

Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:29 am

youngcrev wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

:lol:
You had to know something was coming after tonight for this dumb ass thread.

I hold no ill-will towards the Heat. Enjoy Jimmy and a possible 2nd round appearance.

76ers had all the advantage tonight. Road game and we had 2 rotation players missing.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:32 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Our weaknesses have been playing without our best players. It's clear how dangerous the team is when healthy/active.

This was literally your best game of the season and our worst. Lets see how well you perform against the Raptors in 2 days.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:35 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

This was literally your best game of the season and our worst. Lets see how well you perform against the Raptors in 2 days.

Yes, looking forward to it. I predict the dynamic duo makes it 10-1.

Also, it might not be a coincidence that your worst game was against the Sixers... Food for thought

Return to The General Board