MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

Who is your pick for the 2019-20 MVP?

Giannis
59%
James
33%
Harden
3%
Leonard
0%
Doncic
0%
Jokic
1%
Tatum
1%
Davis
0%
Butler
No votes
Siakam/Westbrook
1%

Total votes: 227

Bandit King
Starter
And1: 812

Re: MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened 

Post#1341 » by Bandit King » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:24 pm

COVID-19 MVP and DPOY!
Paxson for GM for life!
HotRocks34
General Manager
And1: 10,079

Post#1342 » by HotRocks34 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Race looks over unless the season resumes and LeBron makes a large move while Giannis stumbles.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257654/Media-Straw-Poll-Has-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-As-Overwhelming-Pick-For-MVP

Giannis Antetokounmpo remains the clear favorite to win MVP in a straw poll of 70 media members conducted by ESPN.

Antetokounmpo earned 60 of the 70 possible first place votes.

Before the NBA season was suspended, ESPN began pushing a narrative that James had closed the gap on the MVP race on Antetokounmpo despite the overwhelming case for the reigning MVP. Several media members on ESPN supported James' case by citing specious factors such as the passing of Kobe Bryant, his response to the China controversy and also his age.

There are 100 voters for MVP, I believe. So if Giannis already has 60 in his pocket, it's over (unless there is more regular season to be played).
Clippers2020
Junior
And1: 100

Post#1343 » by Clippers2020 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank God.
Mike Greenberg lost.
you really want this guy?
https://i.imgur.com/apQOVMW.jpg
Kubbas
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#1344 » by Kubbas » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:13 am

HotRocks34 wrote:Race looks over unless the season resumes and LeBron makes a large move while Giannis stumbles.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257654/Media-Straw-Poll-Has-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-As-Overwhelming-Pick-For-MVP

Giannis Antetokounmpo remains the clear favorite to win MVP in a straw poll of 70 media members conducted by ESPN.

Antetokounmpo earned 60 of the 70 possible first place votes.

Before the NBA season was suspended, ESPN began pushing a narrative that James had closed the gap on the MVP race on Antetokounmpo despite the overwhelming case for the reigning MVP. Several media members on ESPN supported James' case by citing specious factors such as the passing of Kobe Bryant, his response to the China controversy and also his age.

There are 100 voters for MVP, I believe. So if Giannis already has 60 in his pocket, it's over (unless there is more regular season to be played).

just to clarify, it was a panel of random writers, not the actuall voters so:

In a survey of 70 media members who cover the league, Antetokounmpo was the clear leader in MVP balloting, earning 60 of the 70 possible first-place votes to open a commanding lead over James, who had an equally commanding lead over the rest of the field.

To make the balloting process realistic, ESPN sought to mimic the league's official voting process as closely as possible. Our MVP voting panel includes a mixture of local beat writers from across the league, as well as national and international reporters, just as the NBA's does at the conclusion of the regular season. And, to conform to the NBA's voting system, every first-place vote is worth 10 points, followed by seven for second place, five for third, three for fourth and one for fifth.
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#1345 » by The Lazy Potato » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:18 am

Most of the voters will vote for Giannis anyway. The only thing we don't know yet is by how much he gonna win it and to be honest i don't even care about this. Giannis will be back to back MVP. Case closed.
Kubbas
Freshman

Post#1346 » by Kubbas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:30 pm

The Lazy Potato wrote:Most of the voters will vote for Giannis anyway. The only thing we don't know yet is by how much he gonna win it and to be honest i don't even care about this. Giannis will be back to back MVP. Case closed.

yeah for sure, coming from a Bucks fan what can you expect
The Lazy Potato
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#1347 » by The Lazy Potato » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 am

Kubbas wrote:
The Lazy Potato wrote:Most of the voters will vote for Giannis anyway. The only thing we don't know yet is by how much he gonna win it and to be honest i don't even care about this. Giannis will be back to back MVP. Case closed.

Yeah i am a Bucks fan but that doesn't mean i am not right. It's more than obvious what will happen. but feel free to believe what ever you like.
Kubbas
Freshman

Post#1348 » by Kubbas » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:40 am

The Lazy Potato wrote:
Kubbas wrote:

Yeah i am a Bucks fan but that doesn't mean i am not right. It's more than obvious what will happen. but feel free to believe what ever you like.

as for now youre right, but it is 70 to 30, can be 50 50 if rest of RS is played
people act like Lebron was playing terrific only for last couple weeks, which is not true

and dont forget that most missed games as MVP was Iverson with 11, and Bill Walton, Giannis missed a decent number of games
Packbuckman
Junior
And1: 133

Post#1349 » by Packbuckman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Kubbas wrote:
The Lazy Potato wrote:
Kubbas wrote:yeah for sure, coming from a Bucks fan what can you expect

as for now youre right, but it is 70 to 30, can be 50 50 if rest of RS is played
people act like Lebron was playing terrific only for last couple weeks, which is not true

and dont forget that most missed games as MVP was Iverson with 11, and Bill Walton, Giannis missed a decent number of games

Giannis played in 57 games LeBron 60 before league was shutdown. Games played will have no factor on the vote. At this point it really don’t matter to me I wish the season would continue but it don’t look like it right now.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 13,993

Post#1350 » by mademan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Lebron had a sliver of a chance if the Lakers ended up with the best record. As is, should be Giannis's easily

Return to The General Board