MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is your pick for the 2019-20 MVP?

Giannis
61%
James
25%
Harden
3%
Leonard
0%
Doncic
4%
Jokic
1%
Tatum
1%
Davis
1%
Butler
1%
Siakam/Westbrook
2%

Total votes: 430

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Re: MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened 

Post#1301 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am

JN61 wrote:
swe_suns wrote:Even more the nail in the coffin is the fact that Lebron is so afraid of going to the FT line. So obvious last night. Down 2-3 and he rejects layups with and one and just kicks it out to other chokers. Pathetic

Media will be sure to forgot about last night after next game Lakers have.

You have to know your personnel better. At the best Davis is bellow average shooter from 3 point line and on many situations just bad.

Davis has hit a lot of clutch threes this season. He hit one a couple of possessions prior. The blown layup was obviously terrible. The pass was not. He was open for a reason. Lebron had three guys between him and the rim and one on his back all in the key.

Edit: It was the play the nests wanted though. They clearly gave up that shot.
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#1302 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:44 pm

swe_suns wrote:Even more the nail in the coffin is the fact that Lebron is so afraid of going to the FT line. So obvious last night. Down 2-3 and he rejects layups with and one and just kicks it out to other chokers. Pathetic

You see. My post = unbiased. Your post reeks of bias against LeBron and is simply pushing the wrong way to play basketball. I mean it's Skip Bayless like. :noway: :noway: Like the poster before me mentioned, when most of the defense is blocking the drive and giving you the shot. You take the shot. Especially with people capable of doing it.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#1303 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:So is it Dinwiddie now, is that how this works?

Dinwiddie has 2 things going for him. Late season win against a MVP contender and probably one of the leaders when it comes to the leaderboard of player with the worst teammates. That was a big talking point not too long ago haha.

But the real question is, what is Dinwiddie's points created per minute with pace factored in, while he was a starter and on a Thursday night. That is the real deal breaker in my opinion.

Dinwiddie plays with a worse supporting cast too, i mean it's all aligned, only thing missing is Joe Harris didn't put an invisible crown on his head after the game

As a Bucks fan I would vote for Dinwiddie right now. What he is going through with KD's and Kyrie's injury right now has to be very heavy on his heart.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#1304 » by bondom34 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,227

Post#1305 » by Ambrose » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Good. Giannis still deserves it.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,578

Post#1306 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:50 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Voters aren't hype men. At least not when they vote.

Things could still change, but it's not a close race, IMO, and hasn't been for a long time.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,497

Post#1307 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm thinking LeBron wins it.

Giannis getting the award this year threatens to break the value of the award. He would effectively have more than Shaq, Garnett, Hakeem, Robinson. People still cringe about Nash having more than these guys.

It doesn't stop there, Giannis probably wins another one or two. If he gets 3 then he's on Larry Birds level. He's a top 10 player straight away. Yet he may not have a ring.

If he gets a 4th then he's top 5. Still no ring.

I think the NBA will be nervous about the value of the award.

That may not be a concern but I thought it's an interesting angle of perspective to bring up.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#1308 » by Packbuckman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:30 pm

zimpy27 wrote:I'm thinking LeBron wins it.

Giannis getting the award this year threatens to break the value of the award. He would effectively have more than Shaq, Garnett, Hakeem, Robinson. People still cringe about Nash having more than these guys.

It doesn't stop there, Giannis probably wins another one or two. If he gets 3 then he's on Larry Birds level. He's a top 10 player straight away. Yet he may not have a ring.

That may not be a concern but I thought it's an interesting angle of perspective to bring up. How many NBA players got a second MVP before getting their team to the finals?

:lol: :lol:
That is weird take that guaranteed nobody is thinking about but you lol

Giannis is arguably the best player in the NBA and most dominant. Nash was never that and Giannis is 25 and still getting better lmfao
And when his career is all said and done will be up there with the best ever.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Post#1309 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Packbuckman wrote:

That may not be a concern but I thought it's an interesting angle of perspective to bring up. How many NBA players got a second MVP before getting their team to the finals?

Giannis is arguably the best player in the NBA and most dominant. Nash was never that and Giannis is 25 and still getting better lmfao

There exists just about no argument for Giannis being the best in the league. I like to evaluate that by saying, “Give me Player X over him in a seven-game series”. In this case, give me LeBron or Kawhi over Giannis in a seven-game series. FWIW, not that it counts this year, give me a healthy KD as well.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#1310 » by Packbuckman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:16 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

There exists just about no argument for Giannis being the best in the league. I like to evaluate that by saying, “Give me Player X over him in a seven-game series”. In this case, give me LeBron or Kawhi over Giannis in a seven-game series. FWIW, not that it counts this year, give me a healthy KD as well.

That’s your opinion me I will take Giannis any day over anybody in a seven game series. And more so after this year because Giannis is getting better and not at his ceiling yet those other players are. And Giannis doesn’t have a top 10 player like those other two have playing with him.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,363

Post#1311 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:54 pm

I always find these playoffs takes hilarious when it comes to young players. He's (Giannis) literally won more playoff series before his age-25 season than Michael **** Jordan did.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,578

Post#1312 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Giannis went through a full practice on Wednesday. Still questionable for game against Celtics tomorrow:
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-practicing-wednesday/
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#1313 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

There exists no argument for Giannis being the Best....other than an Overwhelming amount of data and evidence.

There is literally 0 statistical argument for Kawhi (even the success of TOR this year makes Kawhi's argument weaker) and only an extremely weak argument for Lebron.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#1314 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I always find these playoffs takes hilarious when it comes to young players. He's (Giannis) literally won more playoff series before his age-25 season than Michael **** Jordan did.

Stop Using facts and Evidence!!! Only Hot takes are allowed.

Giannis lost the last game he played which obviously means he is overrated trash, and Dim is currently the Best Player in the League
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#1315 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:51 am

Packbuckman wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

That’s your opinion me I will take Giannis any day over anybody in a seven game series. And more so after this year because Giannis is getting better and not at his ceiling yet those other players are. And Giannis doesn’t have a top 10 player like those other two have playing with him.

We can agree to disagree, sure. But FWIW, no one’s talking about future years. Don’t move the goalposts.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#1316 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:51 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

There exists no argument for Giannis being the Best....other than an Overwhelming amount of data and evidence.

There is literally 0 statistical argument for Kawhi (even the success of TOR this year makes Kawhi's argument weaker) and only an extremely weak argument for Lebron.

Don’t confuse MVP with best in the game.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#1317 » by MrPerfect1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:16 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

Most evidence points to Giannis as both
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#1318 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:19 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:

We can agree to disagree. I don’t agree. The eye test definitely proves it. All the Lakers did on Friday was play him the exact same way the Raptors played him in Games 3-6 last postseason. Completely kills the Bucks’ offensive flow and really makes him struggle. He’s a phenomenal player, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t think he’s the best in the world.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#1319 » by MrPerfect1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:26 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

We can agree to disagree. I don’t agree. The eye test definitely proves it. All the Lakers did on Friday was play him the exact same way the Raptors played him in Games 3-6 last postseason. Completely kills the Bucks’ offensive flow and really makes him struggle. He’s a phenomenal player, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t think he’s the best in the world.

If you want to use 1 Game Sample sizes then what did the eye test say the 1st time Giannis and Lebron matched up this year?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#1320 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:27 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:

If you want to use 1 Game Sample sizes then what did the eye test say the 1st time Giannis and Lebron matched up this year?

That Giannis put up the game of his career (thus far) from a shooting standpoint going 5-for-8 from distance, and that he won’t do that over the course of a playoff series.

Return to The General Board