MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened

Moderators: bwgood77, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, Goudelock, Prez

Who is your pick for the 2019-20 MVP?

Giannis
62%
James
27%
Harden
2%
Leonard
1%
Doncic
3%
Jokic
1%
Tatum
1%
Davis
1%
Butler
0%
Siakam/Westbrook
2%

Total votes: 339

Packbuckman
Junior
And1: 163

Re: MVP Discussion [19/20] [part II] - voting opened 

Post#1381 » by Packbuckman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm

nikster wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:
machu46 wrote:Okay, so after normalizing for possessions and realizing Giannis still has Shaq beat across the board, what do we do next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still try to justify that LeBron should win when Giannis stats are ay better on both sides of the ball. And the thing people are missing is Giannis is not even close to his average for free throws this year if he was his stats would be unreal.

I wont debate Giannis is more deserving of MVP but are stats really saying he is a better offensive player (certainly not way better)? Lakers have a better offensive rating, Lebrons offensive rating is higher, Lebrons points generated by assists is larger than the difference in scoring, offensive win shares favour lebron but ORPM favours Giannis.

Lakers might have a better offensive rating but the bucks score the most points and have the best point differential of anyone by far. Best record and so on Lebron is having a great season no doubt I just think Giannis season is just better and when his free throws go back to his normal 70’s percent next season and beyond he will be even better think about that. Plus his defense also just gets better.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,164
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1382 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:03 am

The voters are going to weifjt these games very heavily, even if unintentionally. The season is a long ago memory at this point.

But Giannis doesn’t really coast or try to conserve himself, so he always comes out at the befinning of seasons at a ridiculous pace, so he’ll probably put up stupid numbers through this play in schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 39,344

Post#1383 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:44 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:The voters are going to weifjt these games very heavily, even if unintentionally.

I'm actually really curious about this. I think some may do just that. I also think there are some who will see these 8 games as so different that they will assign very little weight to them. Many of the voters have written or talked on a podcast about pretty much being ready to turn in their ballots.

The other thing I ask myself is if Giannis sat out the 8 games and Lebron played them all and put up 30/10/10 on good efficiency, played good defense, and the Lakers went 7-1 would it be enough to pass Giannis? I think for me the answer might be no.
Black Lives Matter
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,164
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1384 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:The voters are going to weifjt these games very heavily, even if unintentionally.

I'm actually really curious about this. I think some may do just that. I also think there are some who will see these 8 games as so different that they will assign very little weight to them. Many of the voters have written or talked on a podcast about pretty much being ready to turn in their ballots.

The other thing I ask myself is if Giannis sat out the 8 games and Lebron played them all and put up 30/10/10 on good efficiency, played good defense, and the Lakers went 7-1 would it be enough to pass Giannis? I think for me the answer might be no.

They say stuff like that... but then the game comes on, and it's all they worry about :lol:

I think if Giannis sat out, it would do better for him than playing bad, if that makes any sense.

Like I said though, the dude is going to come out balls to the wall if I had to bet. He'll clinch MVP easily either way IMO,
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
The_Hater
RealGM
And1: 27,605

Post#1385 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 4, 2020 3:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

If that exact scenerio occurred, I think the answer would be yes. Recency bias always exists in award voting and with a 4 month layoff it would be more pronounced than ever.

However, I don’t see Bron playing all 8 games or enough mpg to post those numbers. The star players on the true contenders are going to be eased back into action and get plenty of rest to avoid injury.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Jstock12
General Manager
And1: 16,207

Post#1386 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:08 pm

Giannis, hands down. Doesn't have another MVP caliber teammate to help him.
teksablabb
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1387 » by teksablabb » Today 6:35 pm

To get a glimpse into the decision-making process of LeBron James, test your own court vision:

https://edubasketball.com/lebron-james-basketball-iq-court-vision-test/

Return to The General Board