Even as a fellow Slovenian, I'm starting to not enjoy Dončić's play

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Re: Even as a fellow Slovenian, I'm starting to not enjoy Dončić's play 

Post#101 » by Baski » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:38 pm

KungFuJoe wrote:Agree with op. I used to tune in to Mavs games all season just to watch Luka and I’m not even a Mavs fan. He was on some kinda crazy hot streak early on with nearly averaging a 30pt tripdub. But I dunno if he’s just getting tired and banged up but he seems to have lost some energy lately. I think the public acclaim and maintaining that level of play is getting to his head. He’s forcing things a lot but also getting frustrated, not hustling, getting beat on defense, bad turnovers. Just not fun to watch at all.

He’s only 20 though and will only get better. Also he doesn’t really have much of a supporting cast around him. Solid pieces but that offense still lives and dies with him. Just too much too soon.

No it doesn't. Haven't checked in a while but the Mavs had the best offense in the league without him. That's why their offense is so historic. It's already insanely great and he improves it even further.
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#102 » by Pg81 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Baski wrote:
KungFuJoe wrote:Agree with op. I used to tune in to Mavs games all season just to watch Luka and I’m not even a Mavs fan. He was on some kinda crazy hot streak early on with nearly averaging a 30pt tripdub. But I dunno if he’s just getting tired and banged up but he seems to have lost some energy lately. I think the public acclaim and maintaining that level of play is getting to his head. He’s forcing things a lot but also getting frustrated, not hustling, getting beat on defense, bad turnovers. Just not fun to watch at all.

He’s only 20 though and will only get better. Also he doesn’t really have much of a supporting cast around him. Solid pieces but that offense still lives and dies with him. Just too much too soon.

No it doesn't. Haven't checked in a while but the Mavs had the best offense in the league without him. That's why their offense is so historic. It's already insanely great and he improves it even further.

Luka was out against two teams and the Mavs got lucky during that time. Really proves nothing.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#103 » by Baski » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 pm

Pg81 wrote:
Baski wrote:

Luka was out against two teams and the Mavs got lucky during that time. Really proves nothing.

I stand corrected.

Return to The General Board