Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,355

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1241 » by Hipster Doofus » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:02 am

Almost a week ago...

Still cannot believe it. I put the two words together, 'Kobe' and 'Bryant' and the word 'death' just doesn't make sense after his name.

I'm not sure when, if ever, I will get any closure and be at peace with it. It's freakin Kobe, man.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#1242 » by Pennebaker » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:12 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:Kobe could have been on the path of becoming the president if not because of the false rape allegation. you have to very biased and refused to look at the evidence objectively if you still believe it wasn't a shakedown manufactured to swindle some dough out of a consensual relationship.

Ha! President of what? Hair club for men maybe. He had no chance of a life in politics. Kobe was strongly disliked by the public even before the rape case.

Not only did they not like his general arrogance and narcissism, but his feuds with Shaq and Phil Jackson, and the way he treated people in general, further turned people off of him.

Phil Jackson wrote chapters in The Last Season about how toxic Kobe was, for example.

All of this was very public and well known at the time.

So the rape case was just another thing on the stack of things that people didn't like about him.

If Kobe was as hated as you described People would be celebrating now, if someone strongly despised by the public will never be president, explain this.

Some people are celebrating now but being respectful about it because the tragedy also involved innocent people. But some of Kobe's memorials have been defaced with RAPIST tags and there has obviously been a lot of news surrounding people being vocal about Kobe's forgotten rape apology.

Trump was one of the longest shots in history that came out of nowhere based on strange circumstances and a lot of outside help. Kobe would've been an even longer shot. Mike Tyson would've had a similar chance at the presidency. Even Michael Jordan at his peak wouldn't have been a realistic presidential candidate and everybody loved him universally.

The fact that we're even talking about this - Kobe Bryant as President - is patently absurd, by the way.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 14,967

Post#1243 » by Sgt Major » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:18 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:Kobe could have been on the path of becoming the president if not because of the false rape allegation. you have to very biased and refused to look at the evidence objectively if you still believe it wasn't a shakedown manufactured to swindle some dough out of a consensual relationship.

Read this
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/evtov3/because_of_the_recent_flooding_of_kobes_rape/
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
alienswon
Rookie
And1: 2,174

Post#1244 » by alienswon » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:47 am

dont know if this was posted but saw this today myself

the day before his passing Djokovic opened up about how Kobe was his mentor.
3:23

then the day after his passing he was interviewed
Castle Black
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,958

Post#1245 » by Castle Black » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:08 am

Not that it’s a competition, but this one looks so much better than Lebron’s tbh. From the design to the penmanship.

Read on Twitter
TurinTurambar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,971

Post#1246 » by TurinTurambar » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:05 am

I think its incredibly sad that there are people that keep coming in here for no other reason than to continue to bash Kobe.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#1247 » by ratul » Sun Feb 2, 2020 9:36 am

Tough to enjoy the superbowl thinking about Kobe and fam
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#1248 » by Sgt Major » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:36 am

AD's tattoo reminds me of Fear Factory logo

JVFRMN
Freshman
And1: 108

Post#1249 » by JVFRMN » Sun Feb 2, 2020 11:55 am

Sgt Major wrote:AD's tattoo reminds me of Fear Factory logo

It's just Bryant's black mamba logo:

Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#1250 » by Sgt Major » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:41 pm

Yeah, I know.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#1251 » by Dr Aki » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:42 pm

Spoiler:

i wonder if he yells "Kobe" when he shoots
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#1252 » by Drygon » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:52 pm

Novak Djokovic pays tribute to his friend & mentor Kobe after winning his 8th Australian Open title

Read on Twitter
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#1253 » by Drygon » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:42 pm

bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#1254 » by bb22 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:36 pm

Don't know if this has already been brought up, but I think the Mamba Mentality should be rebranded to "Mamba Method". I see a lot of dudes out there misinterpreting it as a "me first" mentality, without putting in the work outside of just leaving it all on the basketball court(s). To me, a huge part is what happens off the court, both mentally and physically. It's that relentless obsession of breaking trends, studying the details, incorporating a wealth of knowledge from many disciplines, in order to find new avenues that others didn't see and ultimately put yourself in the position to be the best you can be. Kobe was so intelligent and well-rounded, and it took a healthy upbringing and a lot of work for him to achieve all that he did. That's why we will likely never see another guy like him on the basketball court for quite some time.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#1255 » by Vlade Divac » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:56 pm

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#1256 » by inquisitive » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:30 pm

Drygon wrote:;t

His face back then hasn't changed much from today. He hasn't aged much at all.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#1257 » by DS17 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:02 pm

Canadian6ersFan wrote:Almost a week ago...

Still cannot believe it. I put the two words together, 'Kobe' and 'Bryant' and the word 'death' just doesn't make sense after his name.

I'm not sure when, if ever, I will get any closure and be at peace with it. It's freakin Kobe, man.

Respect. A sixers fan appreciating a GOAT makes me happy.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#1258 » by ratul » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:43 pm

Still thinking about Kobe and Gianna. Rip
BigtimeNBAfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,960

Post#1259 » by BigtimeNBAfan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:56 am

Pennebaker wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
Ha! President of what? Hair club for men maybe. He had no chance of a life in politics. Kobe was strongly disliked by the public even before the rape case.

Not only did they not like his general arrogance and narcissism, but his feuds with Shaq and Phil Jackson, and the way he treated people in general, further turned people off of him.

Phil Jackson wrote chapters in The Last Season about how toxic Kobe was, for example.

All of this was very public and well known at the time.

So the rape case was just another thing on the stack of things that people didn't like about him.

If Kobe was as hated as you described People would be celebrating now, if someone strongly despised by the public will never be president, explain this.

Some people are celebrating now but being respectful about it because the tragedy also involved innocent people. But some of Kobe's memorials have been defaced with RAPIST tags and there has obviously been a lot of news surrounding people being vocal about Kobe's forgotten rape apology.

Trump was one of the longest shots in history that came out of nowhere based on strange circumstances and a lot of outside help. Kobe would've been an even longer shot. Mike Tyson would've had a similar chance at the presidency. Even Michael Jordan at his peak wouldn't have been a realistic presidential candidate and everybody loved him universally.

The fact that we're even talking about this - Kobe Bryant as President - is patently absurd, by the way.

WTF? Do you know anything about the current President? The worst you could say about Kobe doesn't come close to what you could say about Trump. Bringing up the 2003 rape allegation? Trump has been accused of rape as well as sexual assault by over 20 women. narcissist? Nothing close to what we are seeing in the White House now. Not liked? Literally the whole basketball and sports world, not to mention the whole world is mourning Kobe's death. When Trump goes, you honestly believe there will be this type of positivity towards him? Of course not, he is hateful manbaby. Not liked by teammates? The vast majority of Kobe's teammates always had positive things to say about him. Even the ones who had issues with him are now mourning him. Shaq was in tears mourning him. Hell even Smush Parker went on TMZ to say he was wrong and was sad about Kobe's death and has shared positive stories on instagram.

Kobe absolutely could have been President! He is a far superior human than the lying devoid of character clown we currently have as President. Kobe didn't create a scam university that he was forced to pay a 25 million settlement for defrauding people over. We'll take Kobe anyday.
th1
Senior
And1: 409

Post#1260 » by th1 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:07 pm

Man, i don't feel so good. Thinking about Kobe, his and my life all the time. I have not yet lost any close familly members, but that's how it feels i guess.

Return to The General Board