I want the Lakers to win it all this year.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Re: I want the Lakers to win it all this year. 

Post#101 » by Woody Allen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Han Solo wrote: this would be such a great story if LeBron and the rest of the Lakers can pull this off

The league is going downhill because it's actively trying to cater to fans like this who are looking for shallow "stories" like this one. It's pretty sad.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,364

Post#102 » by Zenzibar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Fk that.

In the truest Mamba Mentality, I'm rooting for MY teams and that's it. Not that I hate the Lakers cause I certainly do not as I was one of the biggest Magic, Jabbar, Worthy, Riley fans out East and rooted for anyone playing Boston. Was heart tearing for me watching Magic's press conference declaring he was retiring from basketball due to HIV.

But...I don't want Lebron to win another chip, plain and simple. Kobe got his 5 on one team, and on the last one with no all-time great second fiddle to play along side of.

So no. Mamba mentality for real.

Plus I'm not on the Lebron gravy train.

But yes, there is a lot of healing that can be done in LA with a chip this year, no doubt and if the Lakers were to win one, I'll feel good for them.

However, there is nothing that a chip can do for Kobe or his remaining family, for Kobe's legacy is cemented and his lost to his family greater than basketball.

It would be disgraceful for another team to just rollover for this type of tribute and not what a competitor like Kobe would respect or do himself. Not even on Michael Jordan's last all-star game at MSG did Kobe stand down and took ALOT of flack from the media and fans for.

But it's what he's admired for.
Stop All Genocides
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,720

Post#103 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Yeah I’m gonna be honest here... I watched Lakers vs Sixers the other night and found myself wanting the Sixers to win. I hate the Sixers. So....I’m going to guess theres really nothing that is going to make me want this iteration of the Lakers to ever win.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Post#104 » by Hoop Hunter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:01 pm

No, just no.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,828

Post#105 » by TravisScott55 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Rest in Power Kobe Bean Bryant, but nah.
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#106 » by JAYZGOAT » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Yeah I’m gonna be honest here... I watched Lakers vs Sixers the other night and found myself wanting the Sixers to win. I hate the Sixers. So....I’m going to guess theres really nothing that is going to make me want this iteration of the Lakers to ever win.

Kobe was a big Philly fan, and he was rooting for the Sixers this year. A Lakers VS Sixers finals seems appropriate.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,054

Post#107 » by iggymcfrack » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:44 pm

Han Solo wrote:In the last 40 years, we’ve seen maybe the top 3 players of all time. I don’t want this to be a comparison thread. Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron are the best of their generations.

With that being said, the fact LeBron is in LA this year is special with the tragic death of Kobe. Kobe Bryant is The King in LA, and this would be such a great story if LeBron and the rest of the Lakers can pull this off and win it for Kobe.
At least for the rest of the year, I’m pulling for you LA. I know many others feel the same way. Win this ****ing thing for Mamba man.

Biggest season of LeBron’s career now in my opinion. We’re all purple and gold this year.

Would be a good storyline for the Lakers to make the Finals, but we don’t need to pretend that Kobe was on the same level as Kareem, Shaq, or Duncan. He was never even the best player in the league for a single season.
MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Post#108 » by MoochieNorris » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm

nope. don't wanna see lebron win another ring anywhere. especially not la.

bucks 2020 crew
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#109 » by Dacost » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:00 am

The NBA (refs)will do anything in their power to make sure it happends.

Kind of ruins the season if you ask me.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#110 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:00 am

Dacost wrote:The NBA (refs)will do anything in their power to make sure it happends.

Nice. Pre-planning a conspiracy theory
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#111 » by Dacost » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:04 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Dacost wrote:The NBA (refs)will do anything in their power to make sure it happends.

Nice. Pre-planning a conspiracy theory

Is no conspiracy is just a fact media and NBA already want it now it will multiple ×1000
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#112 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 am

Good luck stopping the best player in the world & his squad though. Think they can go 5 vs 8 this year. They might be able to beat Tim Donaghy in 7.

Got a preview when refs tried to put LAL back in the game in their first matchup.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#113 » by mtron32 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:57 am

Peace to Kobe and all but I need to see Greek Freak hoist that trophy this year, my man is starving.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#114 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 am

Lakers and Clippers are gonna beat each other up in the Western Conference Finals. Then, the Bucks will take it, Giannis got next.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#115 » by NPZ » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 am

Mickey8 wrote:Lakers doesent deserve to win it all , I hope all super teams bounce out early in the play offs.

No offense, bro, but this isn't a superteam. I WISH it was, but I know the difference. It's a 2 superstar team. And this team's role players on the whole are a far distance from a bench like the one we had from 98-2000. By 02 the bench was a clogged toilet, granted, but Shaq/Kobe/Philip were barely enough and the whole team was fatefully excellent in Gm7 at SAC (and ref controversy in G6). The 2020 squad have a good record and beat lesser teams, but have had a problem beating the better ones. They're arguably the 3rd best team in the league because of their bench. And I say that with a lot of deference to this bench because they have unquestionably played above their heads and I salute them.

However, the Lakers are going to have some bad problems against a full Clipper team in a 7 gm series. Brawn and AD are a great inside out duo, but NO ONE is prime Shaq. Back then, Shaq was the T rex from Jurassic Park. He was a huge naughty beast. Even if you consider Kobe at 20ish and Brawn at 35 to be a relative wash due to "non-prime" ages, AD as good as he is isn't prime Shaq. And the 2009-10 teams. Kobe in prime and young Pau Gastrong. More similar duo compared to Brawn/AD, but a lot better supporting casts. 2009 team would beat this one in fewer than 7 gms, I have zero doubt. Odom and Ariza and Fish w/ clutch shots would've gotten it done. Kuzma, who we unfortunately have to rely upon lest something happens at the deadline, is an absolute joke compared to the 09/10 version of Odom. A motivated, happy Odom was without doubt our 3rd best player who could nab 15 boards in a playoff game. Right now, RealGM can't even name who is the 2020 Lakers' 3rd best dudebro. I think it might be Dwight, but I'm not even 100 on that. This year's team plays "musical chairs 3rd best player".
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20

Return to The General Board